Affiliation: University of Turin
- Tooth loss and obstructive sleep apnoeaCaterina Bucca
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Turin, Italy
Respir Res 7:8. 2006..Complete tooth loss (edentulism) produces anatomical changes that may impair upper airway size and function. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether edentulism favours the occurrence of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA)...
- Sexual behaviors during sleep associated with polysomnographically confirmed parasomnia overlap disorderAlessandro Cicolin
Sleep Disorder Center, Department of Neurosciences, University of Turin, Italy
Sleep Med 12:523-8. 2011..The parasomnia defense, including sleepsex, was accepted by the Court and the patient was acquitted. This is an unprecedented report of SBS in patients with PSG-confirmed POD and of SBS documented during video-PSG...
- Effects of deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus on sleep architecture in parkinsonian patientsAlessandro Cicolin
Sleep Medicine Center, Neurologic Clinic II, Department of Neurosciences, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Sleep Med 5:207-10. 2004..STN DBS seems to be an effective therapeutic option for the treatment of advanced Parkinson's disease because it improves the cardinal symptoms and also seems to improve sleep architecture...
- Effects of levetiracetam on nocturnal sleep and daytime vigilance in healthy volunteersAlessandro Cicolin
Sleep Disorder Center, Department of Neurosciences, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Epilepsia 47:82-5. 2006..To study the effect of levetiracetam (LEV) on sleep, at full doses but without the interference of epilepsy, we investigated the sleep architecture and daytime vigilance in healthy adults after 3 weeks of treatment...
- Exhaled nitric oxide (FENO) in non-pulmonary diseasesCaterina Bucca
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Turin, Italy
J Breath Res 6:027104. 2012..The purpose of the present review is to highlight the current literature investigating the use of F(E)NO in the diagnosis and management of non-pulmonary diseases...
- Increased oral nitric oxide in obstructive sleep apnoeaBeatrice Culla
Biomedical Science and Human Oncology, Internal Medicine V, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Respir Med 104:316-20. 2010..Increased exhaled nitric oxide (FENO), an airway inflammation marker, has been reported in OSA patients. We propose the measure of NO in the oral cavity (oNO) as marker of oropharyngeal inflammation in OSA...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and obstructive sleep apneaAlessandro Cicolin
Department of Neurosciences, Sleep Medicine Center, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Mayo Clin Proc 81:53-5. 2006..These findings suggest that ACE inhibitor treatment may contribute to OSA by inducing upper airway inflammation...
- Diuretics in obstructive sleep apnea with diastolic heart failureCaterina B Bucca
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Turin, Via Lamarmora 41, 10128 Turin, Italy
Chest 132:440-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate if intensive unloading with diuretics improves sleep-disordered breathing and increases pharyngeal caliber in patients with severe OSA and diastolic heart failure...
- Clinical and functional prediction of moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnoeaCaterina Bucca
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Oncologia Umana, Universita di Torino, Italia
Clin Respir J 5:219-26. 2011..Upper airway inflammation and narrowing are characteristics of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA). Inflammatory markers have been found to be increased in exhaled breath and induced sputum of patients with OSA...
- Taylor's focal cortical dysplasia increases the risk of sleep-related epilepsyLino Nobili
Claudio Munari Epilepsy Surgery Center, Sleep Medicine Center, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore, 320162 Milan, Italy
Epilepsia 50:2599-604. 2009..To analyze the topography of the epileptogenic zone (EZ) and the etiologic substrate as risk factors for sleep-related focal epilepsy...
- Obstructive sleep apnea, depression, and oral status in elderly occupants of residential homesGianfranco Gassino
Department of Biomedical Science and Human Oncology, School of Dentistry, University of Turin, Italy
Int J Prosthodont 18:316-22. 2005....
- Multicenter case-control study on restless legs syndrome in multiple sclerosis: the REMS studyMauro Manconi
Sleep Disorders Center, Scientific Institute and Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
Sleep 31:944-52. 2008..To verify the existence of a symptomatic form of restless legs syndrome (RLS) secondary to multiple sclerosis (MS) and to identify possible associated risk factors...