Affiliation: University of Pavia
- A guideline management systemPaolo Ciccarese
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica, Universita di Pavia, Via Ferrata 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:28-32. 2004..The system functionality will be illustrated in three different contexts: homecare-based pressure ulcer prevention, acute ischemic stroke treatment and heart failure management by general practitioners...
- Architectures and tools for innovative Health Information Systems: the Guide ProjectPaolo Ciccarese
Laboratory for Medical Informatics, Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica University of Pavia, Via Ferrata, 127100 Pavia, Italy
Int J Med Inform 74:553-62. 2005..Different organizations can get Clinical Practice Guidelines from the repository, adapt and introduce them in clinical practice...
- Relating UMLS semantic types and task-based ontology to computer-interpretable clinical practice guidelinesAnand Kumar
Laboratory of Medical Informatics, Department of Computer Science, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Stud Health Technol Inform 95:469-74. 2003..To conclude, we understood that the three STs could be used to represent the semantic network of the task-bases CIGMs. We identified some mapping operators which could be used for the mapping of other STs into these...
- Modular representation of the guideline text: an approach for maintaining and updating the content of medical educationAnand Kumar
Laboratory of Medical Informatics, Department of Computer Science, University of Pavia, Pavia, PV2 7100, Italy
Med Inform Internet Med 28:99-115. 2003..Thus, after marking up using our system, the text components can be exchanged, modified or reconstructed, which, in turn, would help to maintain the updates in medical knowledge...
- Non-compliance with guidelines: motivations and consequences in a case studySilvana Quaglini
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Stud Health Technol Inform 101:75-87. 2004..Patients treated according to guidelines showed a 13% increase in treatment effectiveness at discharge, and an average cost of 2929 Euros vs 3694 Euros for the others...
- Comparing computer-interpretable guideline models: a case-study approachMor Peleg
Stanford Medical Informatics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5479, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 10:52-68. 2003..We have studied similarities and differences between CIGs in order to identify issues that must be resolved before a consensus on a set of common components can be developed...
- Context-based task ontologies for clinical guidelinesAnand Kumar
LMI, Department of Computer Science, University of Pavia, Italy
Stud Health Technol Inform 102:81-94. 2004....