Affiliation: University of Milan
- In vivo prostacyclin biosynthesis and effects of different aspirin regimens in patients with essential thrombocythaemiaV Cavalca
Viviana Cavalca, Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e di Comunità, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Parea 4, 20138 Milan, Italy, Tel 39 02 58002345, Fax 39 02 58002750, E mail
Thromb Haemost 112:118-27. 2014..PGI2 biosynthesis in aspirin-treated ET patients appears unrelated to TXA2 biosynthesis, and not affected by an improved aspirin regimen, demonstrating its vascular safety for future trials. ..
- Nitric oxide synthetic pathway in red blood cells is impaired in coronary artery diseaseSonia Eligini
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico I R C C S, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e66945. 2013..The aim of the study was to highlight a potential dysfunction of the metabolic profile of NO in red blood cells and in plasma from CAD patients compared with healthy controls...
- Circulating levels of dimethylarginines, chronic kidney disease and long-term clinical outcome in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarctionViviana Cavalca
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, I R C C S, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e48499. 2012..We measured plasma concentration of arginine, ADMA and SDMA and investigated their relationship with CKD and long-term outcome in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI)...
- Anesthetic propofol enhances plasma gamma-tocopherol levels in patients undergoing cardiac surgeryViviana Cavalca
Institute of Cardiology, Centro Cardiologico Monzino, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico I R C C S, Milan, Italy
Anesthesiology 108:988-97. 2008..This study evaluated the effects of propofol on alpha- and gamma-tocopherol (alpha- and gamma-T) levels and on selected markers of oxidant-antioxidant and inflammatory status in patients undergoing cardiac surgery...
- Oxidative stress and homocysteine in coronary artery diseaseV Cavalca
Istituto di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20138 Milan, Italy
Clin Chem 47:887-92. 2001..Oxidative stress is present in cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), and hyperhomocysteinemia, an independent risk factor for these diseases, may play a role by inducing production of oxygen free radicals...
- Simultaneous quantification of 8-iso-prostaglandin-F(2alpha) and 11-dehydro thromboxane B(2) in human urine by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryViviana Cavalca
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiovascolari, 20138 Milano, Italy
Anal Biochem 397:168-74. 2010..60; P=0.032). This highly sensitive, precise, and rapid method allows for the simultaneous determination of 8-iso-PGF(2alpha) and 11-DH-TXB(2) in human urine samples in order to evaluate oxidative stress and platelet aggregation...
- Glutathione, vitamin E and oxidative stress in coronary artery disease: relevance of age and genderV Cavalca
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 39:267-72. 2009..We investigated whether the biomarkers of oxidative balance undergo the same modifications in all CAD patient groups, regardless of gender and age...
- Age- and gender-related oxidative status determined in healthy subjects by means of OXY-SCORE, a potential new comprehensive indexF Veglia
Centro Cardiologico Monzino I R C C S, Milan, Italy
Biomarkers 11:562-73. 2006..0001), after adjusting for age, gender and smoking. Combining different markers can potentially provide a powerful index in the evaluation of oxidative stress related to age, gender and CAD status...
- Effects of smoking regular or light cigarettes on brachial artery flow-mediated dilationM Amato
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Atherosclerosis 228:153-60. 2013....
- P703NO synthetic pathway and oxidative stress in microvascular angina: assessment in red blood cells and plasmaB Porro
Cardiology Center Monzino IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 103:S128. 2014..cardiovascres;103/suppl_1/S128-d/CHAPTERSUB75364F1F1CHAPTERsub-75364F1. ..
- Whole blood folate concentrations: comparison between Stratus Folate (DADE) and radioassay (DPC) methodsF Bamonti-Catena
Istituto di Scienze Mediche, Universita di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Italy
Eur J Clin Chem Clin Biochem 35:781-5. 1997..Moreover, with the latter assay the laboratory staff could choose the more convenient haemolysis procedure...
- Neurohormonal activation is associated with increased levels of plasma matrix metalloproteinase-2 in human heart failureCristina Banfi
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Eur Heart J 26:481-8. 2005..This study assessed the relationship between catecholamines and active MMPs in vivo in patients with severe congestive heart failure (CHF) and in vitro in human cardiac fibroblasts...
- The aminotetraline derivative (+/-)-(R,S)-5,6-dihydroxy-2-methylamino-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-naphthalene hydrochloride (CHF-1024) displays cardioprotection in postischemic ventricular dysfunction of the rat heartGiuseppe Rossoni
Department of Pharmacology, Chemotherapy and Medical Toxicology, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20129 Milan, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 307:633-9. 2003..The finding that this new aminotetraline derivative possesses anti-ischemic properties and limits NE release from cardiac nerve endings may bear some therapeutic potential in cardiovascular diseases...
- Isoprostanes and oxidative stress in off-pump and on-pump coronary bypass surgeryViviana Cavalca
Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 81:562-7. 2006..To this end urinary isoprostanes and other established oxidative stress markers were measured during the first 24 hours after CABG and OPCAB...
- Apocynin prevents cyclooxygenase 2 expression in human monocytes through NADPH oxidase and glutathione redox-dependent mechanismsSilvia S Barbieri
E Grossi Paoletti Center, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 37:156-65. 2004..Attenuation of NADPH oxidase derived ROS coupled with GSH/GSSG reduction and suppression of NF-kappaB activation are highlighted as the molecular mechanisms responsible for Cox-2 inhibition...
- Assessment of oxidative stress in coronary artery bypass surgery: comparison between the global index OXY-SCORE and individual biomarkersFabrizio Veglia
Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Biomarkers 14:465-72. 2009..90). Only free MDA showed a similar performance, but it was insensitive to the minor variations of the oxidative balance in the OPCAB group...
- A new compound-specific pleiotropic effect of statins: modification of plasma gamma-tocopherol levelsJosé P Werba
Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Via Parea, 4, 20138 Milan, Italy
Atherosclerosis 193:229-33. 2007..3+/-17.3%, p=0.056; between groups p=0.046). In conclusion, simvastatin and pravastatin produced distinct effects on gamma-T metabolism, presumably as a result of different statin-CYP interactions...
- Diversity and similarity in signaling events leading to rapid Cox-2 induction by tumor necrosis factor-alpha and phorbol ester in human endothelial cellsSonia Eligini
E Grossi Paoletti Center, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 65:683-93. 2005..Moreover, the hypothesis that reactive oxygen species (ROS) and an altered redox status within the cell are fundamental steps for Cox-2 synthesis is verified...