Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis projects in Italy: a report from the GRAPPA 2011 annual meetingAlberto Cauli
Department of Medical Science, Policlinico di Monserrato, University of Cagliari, Monserrato, Italy
J Rheumatol 39:2201-3. 2012....
- Th17 and interleukin 23 in the pathogenesis of psoriatic arthritis and spondyloarthritisAlberto Cauli
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medical Sciences, Policlinico of the University of Cagliari, Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
J Rheumatol Suppl 89:15-8. 2012....
- Susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis but not disease outcome is influenced by the level of HLA-B27 expression, which shows moderate variability over timeA Cauli
Rheumatology Unit, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Scand J Rheumatol 41:214-8. 2012....
- HLA-E gene polymorphism associates with ankylosing spondylitis in SardiniaFabiana Paladini
Department of Cell Biology and Development, University La Sapienza, Via dei Sardi, 70, 00185 Roma, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R171. 2009..The aim of the current study is to assess the occurrence of an additional HLA susceptibility locus in the region between HLA-E and HLA-C in the Sardinian population...
- [The role of HLA-B27 molecules in the pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis]A Cauli
Cattedra di Reumatologia II, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari
Reumatismo 54:266-71. 2002..The role of HLA-B27 in the pathogenesis of AS will be discussed focusing on the recently described higher expression of these molecules in patients with AS compared with healthy controls...
- Patient global assessment in psoriatic arthritis: a multicenter GRAPPA and OMERACT studyAlberto Cauli
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita di Cagliari, SS 554, Monserrato, Italy
J Rheumatol 38:898-903. 2011..This study assessed the reliability of the PGA, measured by means of 0-100 mm visual analog scale (VAS), and the additional utility of separate VAS scales for joints (PJA) and skin (PSA)...
- The interplay between the geographic distribution of HLA-B27 alleles and their role in infectious and autoimmune diseases: a unifying hypothesisAlessandro Mathieu
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, University Clinic, Monserrato Cagliari, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 8:420-5. 2009....
- HLA-B27 and ankylosing spondylitis geographic distribution as the result of a genetic selection induced by malaria endemic? A review supporting the hypothesisAlessandro Mathieu
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, SS 554, 09042 Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 7:398-403. 2008....
- Killer-Cell Immunoglobulin-Like Receptors (KIR) and HLA-Class I Heavy Chains in Ankylosing SpondylitisAlberto Cauli
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, 090142, Italy
Drug Dev Res 75:S15-9. 2014..These results underline the importance of NK cells and innate immunity, and of CD4+ T cells in the inflammatory pathogenesis of AS. ..
- Joint and tendon involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus: an ultrasound study of hands and wrists in 108 patientsAlessandra Gabba
Department of Rheumatology and Rheumatology Unit, University Clinic and AOU of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:2278-85. 2012..To estimate the prevalence of, and identify factors associated with, hand and wrist US alterations in a large cohort of SLE patients...
- Defective cerebral gamma-aminobutyric acid-A receptor density in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and central nervous system involvement. An observational studyA Mathieu
Chair and AOU Unit of Rheumatology, University of Cagliari, Italy
Lupus 19:918-26. 2010..This study may support the concept that cognitive impairment in systemic lupus erythematosus could be the outcome of fine-tuned neurotransmission alterations...
- HLA-B*2709 and lack of susceptibility to sacroiliitis: further support from the clinicA Cauli
Department of Rheumatology, University of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:1111-2. 2008..The possible mechanisms of IFN-induced arthritis are discussed...
- Sustained normalization of cerebral blood-flow after iloprost therapy in a patient with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosusA Mathieu
Center for Systemic Rheumatic Diseases, Cagliari, Italy
Lupus 11:52-6. 2002..This first report of Iloprost treatment in CNS lupus suggests the potential therapeutic usefulness of this drug in patients with SLE and functional CNS involvement...
- [IFN-alpha-induced psoriatic arthritis and HCV-related liver cirrhosis. Therapeutic options and patient's opinion]A Cauli
Cattedra di Reumatologia II, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Policlinico Universitario, 09042 Cagliari, Italia
Reumatismo 60:57-60. 2008....
- Updated guidelines for the management of axial disease in psoriatic arthritisPeter Nash
From the Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Australia Academic Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Molise, Campobasso, Italy Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy Rehabilitation Teaching and Research Unit, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand Rheumatology Department of Lucania, San Carlo Hospital of Potenza and Madonna delle Grazie Hospital of Matera, Italy and University of Toronto and Toronto Western Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada P Nash, MBBS Hons, FRACP, Department of Medicine, University of Queensland E Lubrano, MD, PhD, Academic Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Molise A Cauli, MD, PhD, Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari W J Taylor, MBChB, PhD, FRACP, Rehabilitation Teaching and Research Unit, University of Otago I Olivieri, MD, Rheumatology Department of Lucania, CA 94025
J Rheumatol 41:2286-9. 2014..This review is an update of the axial PsA section of the treatment recommendations project by the Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA). ..
- Recommendations for the use of biologic therapy in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis: update from the Italian Society for RheumatologyCarlo Salvarani
Rheumatology Unit, Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S28-41. 2011..To update the 2006 Italian Society for Rheumatology recommendations for the use of biologic (TNF-α blocking) agents in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Familial chilblain and late contractural arachnodactyly: a novel association?Matteo Piga
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari and AOU of Cagliari, Italy
Joint Bone Spine 76:205-8. 2009..We speculate that an underlying alteration in connective tissue could lead to the association between chilblain lesions and contractural arachnodactyly...
- A Sardinian patient with ankylosing spondylitis and HLA-B*2709 co-occurring with HLA-B*1403Alberto Cauli
University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 56:2807-9. 2007
- Increased level of HLA-B27 expression in ankylosing spondylitis patients compared with healthy HLA-B27-positive subjects: a possible further susceptibility factor for the development of diseaseA Cauli
Cattedra di Reumatologia II, University of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:1375-9. 2002..The aim of this work was to study HLA-B27 molecule expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and from normal controls (NC)...
- HLA-B27 and ankylosing spondylitis geographic distribution versus malaria endemic: casual or causal liaison?A Mathieu
Ann Rheum Dis 67:138-40. 2008
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Europe at the change of the millennium: lessons from the "Euro-Lupus Project"Ricard Cervera
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Servei de Malalties Autoimmunes, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Autoimmun Rev 5:180-6. 2006..The "Euro-Lupus Cohort" provides an updated information on the SLE morbidity and mortality characteristics in the present decade as well as defines several clinical and immunological prognostic factors...