Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis projects in Italy: a report from the GRAPPA 2011 annual meetingAlberto Cauli
Department of Medical Science, Policlinico di Monserrato, University of Cagliari, Monserrato, Italy
J Rheumatol 39:2201-3. 2012....
- Th17 and interleukin 23 in the pathogenesis of psoriatic arthritis and spondyloarthritisAlberto Cauli
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medical Sciences, Policlinico of the University of Cagliari, Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
J Rheumatol Suppl 89:15-8. 2012....
- Susceptibility to ankylosing spondylitis but not disease outcome is influenced by the level of HLA-B27 expression, which shows moderate variability over timeA Cauli
Rheumatology Unit, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Scand J Rheumatol 41:214-8. 2012....
- HLA-E gene polymorphism associates with ankylosing spondylitis in SardiniaFabiana Paladini
Department of Cell Biology and Development, University La Sapienza, Via dei Sardi, 70, 00185 Roma, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R171. 2009..The aim of the current study is to assess the occurrence of an additional HLA susceptibility locus in the region between HLA-E and HLA-C in the Sardinian population...
- [The role of HLA-B27 molecules in the pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis]A Cauli
Cattedra di Reumatologia II, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari
Reumatismo 54:266-71. 2002..The role of HLA-B27 in the pathogenesis of AS will be discussed focusing on the recently described higher expression of these molecules in patients with AS compared with healthy controls...
- Patient global assessment in psoriatic arthritis: a multicenter GRAPPA and OMERACT studyAlberto Cauli
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita di Cagliari, SS 554, Monserrato, Italy
J Rheumatol 38:898-903. 2011..This study assessed the reliability of the PGA, measured by means of 0-100 mm visual analog scale (VAS), and the additional utility of separate VAS scales for joints (PJA) and skin (PSA)...
- The interplay between the geographic distribution of HLA-B27 alleles and their role in infectious and autoimmune diseases: a unifying hypothesisAlessandro Mathieu
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, University Clinic, Monserrato Cagliari, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 8:420-5. 2009....
- HLA-B27 and ankylosing spondylitis geographic distribution as the result of a genetic selection induced by malaria endemic? A review supporting the hypothesisAlessandro Mathieu
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari, SS 554, 09042 Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
Autoimmun Rev 7:398-403. 2008....
- Joint and tendon involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus: an ultrasound study of hands and wrists in 108 patientsAlessandra Gabba
Department of Rheumatology and Rheumatology Unit, University Clinic and AOU of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:2278-85. 2012..To estimate the prevalence of, and identify factors associated with, hand and wrist US alterations in a large cohort of SLE patients...
- Sustained normalization of cerebral blood-flow after iloprost therapy in a patient with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosusA Mathieu
Center for Systemic Rheumatic Diseases, Cagliari, Italy
Lupus 11:52-6. 2002..This first report of Iloprost treatment in CNS lupus suggests the potential therapeutic usefulness of this drug in patients with SLE and functional CNS involvement...
- Defective cerebral gamma-aminobutyric acid-A receptor density in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and central nervous system involvement. An observational studyA Mathieu
Chair and AOU Unit of Rheumatology, University of Cagliari, Italy
Lupus 19:918-26. 2010..This study may support the concept that cognitive impairment in systemic lupus erythematosus could be the outcome of fine-tuned neurotransmission alterations...
- HLA-B*2709 and lack of susceptibility to sacroiliitis: further support from the clinicA Cauli
Department of Rheumatology, University of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:1111-2. 2008..The possible mechanisms of IFN-induced arthritis are discussed...
- [IFN-alpha-induced psoriatic arthritis and HCV-related liver cirrhosis. Therapeutic options and patient's opinion]A Cauli
Cattedra di Reumatologia II, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Policlinico Universitario, 09042 Cagliari, Italia
Reumatismo 60:57-60. 2008....
- Recommendations for the use of biologic therapy in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis: update from the Italian Society for RheumatologyCarlo Salvarani
Rheumatology Unit, Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S28-41. 2011..To update the 2006 Italian Society for Rheumatology recommendations for the use of biologic (TNF-α blocking) agents in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis (PsA)...
- Familial chilblain and late contractural arachnodactyly: a novel association?Matteo Piga
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Cagliari and AOU of Cagliari, Italy
Joint Bone Spine 76:205-8. 2009..We speculate that an underlying alteration in connective tissue could lead to the association between chilblain lesions and contractural arachnodactyly...
- A Sardinian patient with ankylosing spondylitis and HLA-B*2709 co-occurring with HLA-B*1403Alberto Cauli
University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 56:2807-9. 2007
- Increased level of HLA-B27 expression in ankylosing spondylitis patients compared with healthy HLA-B27-positive subjects: a possible further susceptibility factor for the development of diseaseA Cauli
Cattedra di Reumatologia II, University of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:1375-9. 2002..The aim of this work was to study HLA-B27 molecule expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and from normal controls (NC)...
- HLA-B27 and ankylosing spondylitis geographic distribution versus malaria endemic: casual or causal liaison?A Mathieu
Ann Rheum Dis 67:138-40. 2008
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Europe at the change of the millennium: lessons from the "Euro-Lupus Project"Ricard Cervera
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Servei de Malalties Autoimmunes, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Autoimmun Rev 5:180-6. 2006..The "Euro-Lupus Cohort" provides an updated information on the SLE morbidity and mortality characteristics in the present decade as well as defines several clinical and immunological prognostic factors...