Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Bone mass in HIV-infected patients: focus on the role of therapy and sexFabio Vescini
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:405-7. 2003
- RANKL/OPG/TRAIL plasma levels and bone mass loss evaluation in antiretroviral naive HIV-1-positive menDavide Gibellini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Microbiology Section, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Med Virol 79:1446-54. 2007....
- Bone mass loss in calcium stone disease: focus on hypercalciuria and metabolic factorsRenata Caudarella
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Kidney Transplant, Unit of Mineral Metabolism, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Nephrol 16:260-6. 2003..The influence of hypercalciuria, nutritional factors and anthropometric parameters on bone mass was evaluated in these patients as well...
- Citrate and mineral metabolism: kidney stones and bone diseaseRenata Caudarella
Department of Internal Medicine and Applied Biotechnology, D Campanacci University of Bologna Italy
Front Biosci 8:s1084-106. 2003..Finally particular attention will be paid to the incidence of hypocitraturia and to the therapy with citrate salts, both in kidney stone disease and in osteopenia...
- Hypogonadism and reduced bone mineral density in heterozygous H63D mutation in the HFE gene: an unusual presentation of hereditary hemochromatosisCristiano Maria Francucci
Clinica di Endocrinologia, Ospedale Generale Regionale di Torrette, Via Conca n 61, 60020 Ancona, Italy
J Androl 28:21-6. 2007
- Morphometric dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (MXA) for identification of vertebral fracturesCristiano Maria Francucci
Division of Endocrinology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 19:11-4. 2007..We conclude that, used as a screening tool, this approach may help to identify vertebral fractures with a reduced radiation dose to the patient, and that technological improvements are necessary to improve image quality...