Maria Cristina Casiraghi
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Quality and nutritional properties of pasta products enriched with immature wheat grainMaria Cristina Casiraghi
Department of Food Environmental and Nutritional Sciences DEFENS, Unit of Human Nutrition, University of Milan, Via Celoria n 2, 20133 Milan, Italy
Int J Food Sci Nutr 64:544-50. 2013..Results about FOS leaching suggest that, in dealing with functional effects, the actual prebiotic content should be carefully considered on food 'as eaten'. ..
- Post-prandial responses to cereal products enriched with barley beta-glucanMaria Cristina Casiraghi
Department of Food Science and Microbiology, Human Nutrition Unit, University of Milan, Via Celoria N2, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Am Coll Nutr 25:313-20. 2006..High amounts of soluble beta-glucan in barley products may exert beneficial effects on glucose tolerance and blood lipids...
- Effects of a synbiotic milk product on human intestinal ecosystemM C Casiraghi
Department of Food Science and Microbiology, Division of Human Nutrition, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 103:499-506. 2007....
- Resistant starch in the Italian dietF Brighenti
Department of Food Science and Microbiology, University of Milan, Milano, Italy
Br J Nutr 80:333-41. 1998..5 g/d, with regional differences (from 7.2 g/d in the north-west to 9.2 g/d in the south) mainly due to the different consumption of some typical Italian starchy food (bread, pasta, legumes)...
- Effect of consumption of a ready-to-eat breakfast cereal containing inulin on the intestinal milieu and blood lipids in healthy male volunteersF Brighenti
Department of Food Science, Technology and Microbiology, University of Milan, Italy
Eur J Clin Nutr 53:726-33. 1999..To investigate the effect of a breakfast cereal containing inulin on blood lipids and colonic ecosystem in normolipidemic young men...
- Process conditions affect starch structure and its interactions with proteins in rice pastaAlberto Barbiroli
Department of Food, Environmental, and Nutrition Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Carbohydr Polym 92:1865-72. 2013..Thus, the interplay among structural modifications on starch and/or proteins affects the features of products...