Affiliation: University of Siena
- Lack of mutations of the telomerase RNA component in familial papillary thyroid cancer with short telomeresSilvia Cantara
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Biochemistry, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Thyroid 22:363-8. 2012..The objective of the present study was to verify whether short telomeres observed in FPTC patients were related to mutations in TERC or shelterin genes...
- Lack of germline A339V mutation in thyroid transcription factor-1 (TITF-1/NKX2.1) gene in familial papillary thyroid cancerSilvia Cantara
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism and Biochemistry, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Thyroid Res 3:4. 2010..We concluded that the A339V mutation in thyroid transcription factor-1 (TITF-1/NKX2.1) is not correlated with the familial form of PTC, even when the tumor was in the context of multinodular goiter...
- TAT-BH4 counteracts Abeta toxicity on capillary endotheliumS Cantara
Department Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro 2, 53100 Siena, Italy
FEBS Lett 581:702-6. 2007....
- FGF-2 overexpression opposes the beta amyloid toxic injuries to the vascular endotheliumS Donnini
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Via A Moro 2, 53100 Siena, Italy
Cell Death Differ 13:1088-96. 2006..In conclusion, we demonstrate that FGF-2 protects EC from the effects of excess Abeta1-40, suggesting that it may attenuate the consequences of Abeta deposition in pathologies as CAA...
- Exogenous BH4/Bcl-2 peptide reverts coronary endothelial cell apoptosis induced by oxidative stressS Cantara
Pharmacology Section, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Vasc Res 41:202-7. 2004..The BH4 domain of the Bcl-2 family members is responsible for their antiapoptotic activity. The BH4 domains of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xl inhibit cytochrome c release and the loss of mitochondrial membrane potential...
- Alterations of the FSH and LH receptor genes and evaluation of sperm ultrastructure in men with idiopathic hypergonadotropic hypogonadismG Collodel
Department of Molecular and Developmental Medicine, University of Siena, Viale Bracci, 14, 53100, Siena, Italy
J Assist Reprod Genet 30:1101-8. 2013..In this study we performed the genetic analysis of FSHR and LHR and semen investigation in 14 infertile men with normal level of T and elevated levels of FSH and/or LH in the absence of other causes of infertility...
- Familial non-medullary thyroid carcinoma displays the features of clinical anticipation suggestive of a distinct biological entityM Capezzone
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism and Biochemistry, University of Siena, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, Viale Bracci 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:1075-81. 2008..04) when compared with the first generation. In conclusion, FNMTC displays the features of clinical 'anticipation' with the second generation acquiring the disease at an earlier age and having more advanced disease at presentation...