Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Event-related repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of posterior superior temporal sulcus improves the detection of threatening postural changes in human bodiesMatteo Candidi
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, I 00185 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci 31:17547-54. 2011....
- Virtual lesion of ventral premotor cortex impairs visual perception of biomechanically possible but not impossible actionsMatteo Candidi
Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Soc Neurosci 3:388-400. 2008..Thus, vPMc is crucial for discrimination of the goal of actions that can be actually performed suggesting that this area is involved in the visual processing of goal-directed actions...
- Competing mechanisms for mapping action-related categorical knowledge and observed actionsMatteo Candidi
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Via dei Marsi 78, Rome, Italy
Cereb Cortex 20:2832-41. 2010....
- Hands on the future: facilitation of cortico-spinal hand-representation when reading the future tense of hand-related action verbsMatteo Candidi
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 32:677-83. 2010..These results indicate that the anticipatory mirroring of hand actions may be triggered by linguistic representations and not only by direct action observation...
- Kinematics fingerprints of leader and follower role-taking during cooperative joint actionsLucia Maria Sacheli
Department of Psychology, University of Rome Sapienza, Via dei Marsi 78, 00185 Rome, Italy
Exp Brain Res 226:473-86. 2013..Our results show that mimicking and signaling are implemented in joint actions according to the interactional role of the agent, which in turn is reflected in the kinematics of each partner...
- Compensatory plasticity in the action observation network: virtual lesions of STS enhance anticipatory simulation of seen actionsAlessio Avenanti
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Alma Mater Studiorum, Universita di Bologna, I 40127 Bologna, Italy
Cereb Cortex 23:570-80. 2013..These findings support the active, compensatory, and predictive role of frontoparietal nodes of the AON in the perception and anticipatory simulation of implied actions...
- And yet they act together: interpersonal perception modulates visuo-motor interference and mutual adjustments during a joint-grasping taskLucia Maria Sacheli
Department of Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e50223. 2012..Our study expands current knowledge about on-line motor interactions by showing that visuo-motor interference effects, mutual motor adjustments and motor-learning mechanisms are influenced by social perception...
- Cortico-spinal embodiment of newly acquired, action-related semantic associationsCarmelo Mario Vicario
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy IRCCS, Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy School of Psychology, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia Electronic address
Brain Stimul 6:952-8. 2013..Information on the possible plastic nature of the sensorimotor mapping of action-related knowledge is still lacking...
- Vicarious motor activation during action perception: beyond correlational evidenceAlessio Avenanti
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Alma Mater Studiorum, Università di Bologna Bologna, Italy Centro Studi e Ricerche in Neuroscienze Cognitive, Campus di Cesena Cesena, Italy Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Fondazione Santa Lucia Roma, Italy
Front Hum Neurosci 7:185. 2013....
- Early and phasic cortical metabolic changes in vestibular neuritis onsetMarco Alessandrini
Department of Medical Science and Translational Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e57596. 2013..The present findings contribute in expanding knowledge about early, fast-changing, and complex cortical responses to pathological vestibular unbalanced processing...
- Out-of-place bodies, out-of-body selvesSalvatore M Aglioti
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, and IRCCS, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Neuron 70:173-5. 2011....
- Do not resonate with actions: sentence polarity modulates cortico-spinal excitability during action-related sentence readingMarco Tullio Liuzza
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16855. 2011..It has been recently shown that processing negative polarity action-related sentences modulates neural activity of premotor and motor cortices...