Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- The endocannabinoid transport inhibitor AM404 differentially modulates recognition memory in rats depending on environmental aversivenessPatrizia Campolongo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza University of Rome Rome, Italy
Front Behav Neurosci 6:11. 2012..These findings suggest that drugs enhancing endocannabinoid signaling induce different effects on recognition memory performance depending on the level of emotional arousal induced by the environmental conditions...
- Novelty-induced emotional arousal modulates cannabinoid effects on recognition memory and adrenocortical activityPatrizia Campolongo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza University of Rome, P le A Moro 5, Rome, Italy
Neuropsychopharmacology 38:1276-86. 2013....
- Endocannabinoids in the rat basolateral amygdala enhance memory consolidation and enable glucocorticoid modulation of memoryPatrizia Campolongo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza University of Rome, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4888-93. 2009..c.). These findings indicate that endocannabinoids in the BLA enhance memory consolidation and suggest that CB1 activity within this brain region is required for enabling glucocorticoid effects on memory consolidation enhancement...
- Developmental consequences of perinatal cannabis exposure: behavioral and neuroendocrine effects in adult rodentsPatrizia Campolongo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza University of Rome, P le A Moro 5, 00185, Rome, Italy
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 214:5-15. 2011..It is difficult to detect these effects, and their underlying neurobiological mechanisms, in clinical cohorts, because of their intrinsic methodological and interpretative issues...
- Developmental exposure to cannabinoids causes subtle and enduring neurofunctional alterationsPatrizia Campolongo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology Vittorio Erspamer, Sapienza University of Rome, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Int Rev Neurobiol 85:117-33. 2009..These studies show that the endocannabinoid system plays a crucial role in the ontogeny of the central nervous system and its activation, during brain development, can induce subtle and long-lasting neurofunctional alterations...
- Social play behavior, ultrasonic vocalizations and their modulation by morphine and amphetamine in Wistar and Sprague-Dawley ratsAntonia Manduca
Department of Science, Section of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University Roma Tre, Viale G Marconi 446, 00146, Rome, Italy
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 231:1661-73. 2014..It is highly rewarding and crucial for proper neurobehavioral development. Despite the importance of genetic factors in normal and pathological social behaviors, little information is available about strain influences on social play...
- Cannabinoid modulation of mother-infant interaction: is it just about milk?Antonia Manduca
Department of Biology, University Roma Tre, Rome, Italy
Rev Neurosci 23:707-22. 2012....
- Effects of perinatal exposure to delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on the emotional reactivity of the offspring: a longitudinal behavioral study in Wistar ratsViviana Trezza
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza University of Rome, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 198:529-37. 2008..However, the long-term neurobehavioral consequences of in utero exposure to low-moderate doses of cannabinoid compounds have never been investigated...
- Systemic administration of substance P recovers beta amyloid-induced cognitive deficits in rat: involvement of Kv potassium channelsPatrizia Campolongo
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e78036. 2013..Our findings provide in vivo evidence for a neuroprotective activity of systemic administration of SP in a rat model of AD and suggest a possible mechanism underlying this effect. ..
- Effects of myosin heavy chain (MHC) plasticity induced by HMGCoA-reductase inhibition on skeletal muscle functionsLaura Trapani
Department of Biology, University of Roma Tre, Rome, Italy
FASEB J 25:4037-47. 2011..These results indicate that the molecular mechanism of the impaired muscle function following statin treatment could be related to the plasticity of fast MHC isoform expression...
- Evaluating the rewarding nature of social interactions in laboratory animalsViviana Trezza
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dev Cogn Neurosci 1:444-58. 2011..Last, we discuss how animal models contributed to our understanding of social reward mechanisms and its psychological components throughout development...