Affiliation: University of Parma
- Evaluation of a pilot surgical adverse event detection system for Italian hospitalsCaterina Caminiti
Research and Innovation Unit, Parma Teaching Hospital, Italy
Int J Qual Health Care 24:114-20. 2012..To devise an adverse event (AE) detection system and assess its validity and utility...
- Reducing unnecessary hospital days to improve quality of care through physician accountability: a cluster randomised trialCaterina Caminiti
Research and Innovation Unit, University Hospital of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, Parma, 43126, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 13:14. 2013..Over 20% of hospital bed use is inappropriate, implying a waste of resources and the increase of patient iatrogenic risk...
- Cross-cultural adaptation and patients' judgments of a question prompt list for Italian-speaking cancer patientsCaterina Caminiti
Research and Innovation Unit, University Hospital of Parma, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 10:16. 2010..As no such tool has yet been validated for Italian-speaking users, we carried out the cross-cultural adaptation and evaluation of an existing Australian Question Prompt List...
- How to promote, improve and test adherence to scientific evidence in clinical practiceCaterina Caminiti
Epidemiology Service, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, Parma, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 5:62. 2005....
- Current functions of Italian ethics committees: a cross-sectional studyCaterina Caminiti
Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma Research and Innovation, Parma, Italy
Bioethics 25:220-7. 2011..This cross-sectional study aims to give an overview of the different types of activities of Italian ECs and favour discussion at a European level...
- Adjuvant low-dose interleukin-2 (IL-2) plus interferon-α (IFN-α) in operable renal cell carcinoma (RCC): a phase III, randomized, multicentre trial of the Italian Oncology Group for Clinical Research (GOIRC)Rodolfo Passalacqua
Oncology Unit, Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona Research and Innovation Unit Medical Oncology Unit Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Health Sciences, University Hospital of Parma, Parma Medical Oncology Unit, IRCCS San Matteo University Hospital Foundation, Pavia Infrastructure Research and Statistics Department, IRCCS Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova of Reggio Emilia, Reggio Emilia Department of Oncology, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Bergamo Oncology Unit, Arcispedale S Maria Nuova di Reggio Emilia, Reggio Emilia Department of Oncology, University Hospital of Modena Department of Oncology, Bolognini Hospital of Seriate, Alzano Lombardo Institute of Clinical Oncology, Carpi Hospital, Modena Urology Unit, Vaio Hospital, Fidenza Medical Oncology Unit, Hospital of Guastalla, Guastalla, Italy
J Immunother 37:440-7. 2014..Adjuvant immunotherapy with IL-2+IFN-α showed no RFS or OS improvement in RCC patients who underwent radical surgery. The results of subset analysis here presented are only hypothesis generating...
- National survey of medical choices in caring for terminally ill patients in Italy, a cross-sectional studyGiorgio Cocconi
Luigi Migone Bioethics Center, Parma, Italy
Tumori 96:122-30. 2010..In Italy, euthanasia and assisted suicide remain illegal but have been the subject of constant debate. Such discussions, however, seem to take relatively little account of physicians' views and attitudes...
- The poor outcome of ischemic stroke in very old people: a cohort study of its determinantsLicia Denti
Geriatric and Rehabilitation Department, University Hospital of Parma, Parma, Italy
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:12-7. 2010..To assess how much of the excess risk of poor outcome from stroke in people aged 80 and older aging per se explains, independent of other prognostic determinants...
- [Analysis of the problem of "difficult hospital discharges" in the University Hospital of Parma]Tiziana Meschi
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche, Universita degli Studi, Parma
Ann Ital Med Int 19:109-17. 2004..Our conclusion is that the phenomenon of difficult discharges is nowadays a very topical problem and that it should be faced with a new model of continuous and integrated assistance organization...
- Effects of media information on cancer patients' opinions, feelings, decision-making process and physician-patient communicationRodolfo Passalacqua
Medical Oncology Division, Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Cancer 100:1077-84. 2004....