Affiliation: University of Parma
- Evaluation of a pilot surgical adverse event detection system for Italian hospitalsCaterina Caminiti
Research and Innovation Unit, Parma Teaching Hospital, Italy
Int J Qual Health Care 24:114-20. 2012..To devise an adverse event (AE) detection system and assess its validity and utility...
- Reducing unnecessary hospital days to improve quality of care through physician accountability: a cluster randomised trialCaterina Caminiti
Research and Innovation Unit, University Hospital of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, Parma, 43126, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 13:14. 2013..Over 20% of hospital bed use is inappropriate, implying a waste of resources and the increase of patient iatrogenic risk...
- How to promote, improve and test adherence to scientific evidence in clinical practiceCaterina Caminiti
Epidemiology Service, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, Parma, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 5:62. 2005....
- Current functions of Italian ethics committees: a cross-sectional studyCaterina Caminiti
Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma Research and Innovation, Parma, Italy
Bioethics 25:220-7. 2011..This cross-sectional study aims to give an overview of the different types of activities of Italian ECs and favour discussion at a European level...
- Cross-cultural adaptation and patients' judgments of a question prompt list for Italian-speaking cancer patientsCaterina Caminiti
Research and Innovation Unit, University Hospital of Parma, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 10:16. 2010..As no such tool has yet been validated for Italian-speaking users, we carried out the cross-cultural adaptation and evaluation of an existing Australian Question Prompt List...
- National survey of medical choices in caring for terminally ill patients in Italy, a cross-sectional studyGiorgio Cocconi
Luigi Migone Bioethics Center, Parma, Italy
Tumori 96:122-30. 2010..In Italy, euthanasia and assisted suicide remain illegal but have been the subject of constant debate. Such discussions, however, seem to take relatively little account of physicians' views and attitudes...
- The poor outcome of ischemic stroke in very old people: a cohort study of its determinantsLicia Denti
Geriatric and Rehabilitation Department, University Hospital of Parma, Parma, Italy
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:12-7. 2010..To assess how much of the excess risk of poor outcome from stroke in people aged 80 and older aging per se explains, independent of other prognostic determinants...
- Effects of media information on cancer patients' opinions, feelings, decision-making process and physician-patient communicationRodolfo Passalacqua
Medical Oncology Division, Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona, Italy
Cancer 100:1077-84. 2004....
- [Analysis of the problem of "difficult hospital discharges" in the University Hospital of Parma]Tiziana Meschi
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche, Universita degli Studi, Parma
Ann Ital Med Int 19:109-17. 2004..Our conclusion is that the phenomenon of difficult discharges is nowadays a very topical problem and that it should be faced with a new model of continuous and integrated assistance organization...