Affiliation: University of Foggia
- Male breast cancer in an HIV-infected patient: a case reportAlessandra Calabresi
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Brescia, Italy
Infez Med 20:284-7. 2012....
- Increase in standard cholesterol and large HDL particle subclasses in antiretroviral-naïve patients prescribed efavirenz compared to atazanavir/ritonavirDaria Gotti
Institute of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
HIV Clin Trials 13:245-55. 2012..Lipoprotein-particle subclasses may also have an effect, but comparative data after standard HAART regimens are limited...
- Prevalence and risk factors for etravirine resistance among patients failing on non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsGiuseppe Lapadula
Clinic for Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Antivir Ther 13:601-5. 2008..Prevalence and factors associated with etravirine (EW) resistance mutations among patients failing on first-generation non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI) merit investigation...
- Prospective evaluation of bone markers, parathormone and 1,25-(OH)₂ vitamin D in HIV-positive patients after the initiation of tenofovir/emtricitabine with atazanavir/ritonavir or efavirenzEmanuele Focà
Infectious Diseases Department, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 12:38. 2012..Lastly, the effect of tenofovir on 1,25-(OH)₂ vitamin D is uncertain...
- Burden of non-AIDS-defining and non-virus-related cancers among HIV-infected patients in the combined antiretroviral therapy eraLaura Albini
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 29:1097-104. 2013..98, p=0.057). HIV-infected men showed a 2-fold increased risk of non-virus-related NADCs compared to the general population. However, the use of cART appeared to be beneficial in protecting against the development of these malignancies...
- Clinical characteristics, incidence, and risk factors of HIV-related Hodgkin lymphoma in the era of combination antiretroviral therapyDaria Gotti
University Division of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
AIDS Patient Care STDS 27:259-65. 2013..37 cells/μL for controls, p<0.0001). Compared with the general population, HIV-infected patients showed an increased risk for developing HL. The risk of HIV-HL increased significantly in the first months after cART initiation...
- A randomized, pilot trial to evaluate glomerular filtration rate by creatinine or cystatin C in naive HIV-infected patients after tenofovir/emtricitabine in combination with atazanavir/ritonavir or efavirenzLaura Albini
Department of Materno Infantile e Tecnologie Biomediche, Institute of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Brescia, Italy
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:18-30. 2012..There is lack of data on GFR estimated by these methods in patients on highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Evidence of long-term suppression of hepatitis B virus DNA by tenofovir as rescue treatment in patients coinfected by HIVEugenia Quiros-Roldan
Institute for Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Antivir Ther 13:341-8. 2008..The efficacy of long-term hepatitis B virus (HBV) treatment with tenofovir (TDF) in relation to lamivudine (LMV) resistance in HIV patients failing on LMV deserves further investigations...