Affiliation: University of Perugia
- Glide video laryngoscope for the management of foreign bodies impacted at the hypopharyngeal level in adultsL Cagini
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgical Science, Ospedale S Maria, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 79:1259-63. 2013..Aim of the study was to assess the feasibility of identifying and removing FBs impacted at crycofaringeal and upper oesophageal sphincter by the video laryngoscope...
- Fluid and electrolyte balance after major thoracic surgery by bioimpedance and endocrine evaluationLucio Cagini
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Ospedale S Maria della Misericordia, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 40:e71-6. 2011..The causes are several and not totally clear. We performed a prospective study to assess the amount of fluid accumulation and redistribution observed after major thoracic surgery...
- Left main bronchus resection and reconstruction. A single institution experienceMark Ragusa
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Perugia Medical School, Ospedale S, Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
J Cardiothorac Surg 7:29. 2012..Left main bronchus resection and reconstruction (LMBRR) is a complex surgical procedure indicated for management of inflammatory, benign and low grade malignant lesions. Its application provides maximal parenchymal sparing...
- Baseline and post-surgery endothelial progenitor cell levels in patients with early-stage non-small-cell lung carcinoma: impact on cancer recurrence and survivalMatteo Pirro
Unit of Internal Medicine, Angiology and Arteriosclerosis Diseases, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 44:e245-52. 2013..The prospective influence of baseline and post-surgery EPC levels on cancer recurrence and survival was investigated...
- Experience with the autologous pulmonary vein for pulmonary arterioplastyFrancesco Puma
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Perugia Medical School, Ospedale S Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 40:e107-11. 2011..The aim of this study is to determine how safe and effective the graft reconstruction of the pulmonary artery is, using autologous tissue taken from the pulmonary vein...
- TNF-α regulates natriuretic peptides and aquaporins in human bronchial epithelial cells BEAS-2BLetizia Mezzasoma
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Polo Unico Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156 Perugia, Italy
Mediators Inflamm 2013:159349. 2013..Therefore, in this exploratory study, we speculate that TNF-α might be involved in postoperative-fluid retention related to major surgery...