Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Mycobacterium chelonae associated with tumor-like skin and oral masses in farmed Russian sturgeons (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii)Elisabetta Antuofermo
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Sassari, Via Vienna 2, 07100 Sassari, Italy
BMC Vet Res 10:18. 2014..Fifteen sturgeons from an Italian fish farm showing skin and oral cauliflower-like masses were investigated by histopathology, bacterial culture and molecular analyses...
- Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium spp. from foals in ItalyMonica Caffara
Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum, Bologna University, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, 40064 Ozzano Emilia BO, Italy Electronic address
Vet J 198:531-3. 2013..Cryptosporidium horse genotype has only been described occasionally worldwide and this is the first time it has been identified in foals from Italy. ..
- The life cycle of Myxobolus lentisuturalis (Myxozoa: Myxobolidae), from goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus), involves a Raabeia-type actinosporeMonica Caffara
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Animal Pathology, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, 40064 Ozzano Emila, Bologna, Italy
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 56:6-12. 2009..At higher magnification, disappearance of muscle fibres and substitution of the muscle tissue with Myxobolus spores and plasmodia were observed...
- Morphological and molecular differentiation of Clinostomum complanatum and Clinostomum marginatum (Digenea: Clinostomidae) metacercariae and adultsMonica Caffara
Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum Universita di Bologna, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, 40064 Ozzano Emilia BO, Italy
J Parasitol 97:884-91. 2011..In 36 specimens, the average divergence between the species was 7.3% in ITS and 19.4% in COI sequences. Two specimens from North America and 1 from Europe had sequences that did not allow them to be clearly allied with either species...
- First description of the adult stage of Clinostomum cutaneum Paperna, 1964 (Digenea: Clinostomidae) from grey herons Ardea cinerea L. and a redescription of the metacercaria from the Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus niloticus (L.) in KenyaAndrea Gustinelli
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Animal Pathology, University of Bologna, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, 40064, Ozzano Emilia, BO, Italy
Syst Parasitol 76:39-51. 2010..was observed. The need for a reorganisation of Clinostomum using both morphological and molecular methods is highlighted...
- Sphaerospora dicentrarchi and S. testicularis (Myxozoa: Sphaerosporidae) in farmed European seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax) from ItalyMaria Letizia Fioravanti
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica Veterinaria e Patologia Animale, Universita di Bologna, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, 40064 Ozzano Emilia, Bologna, Italy
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 51:208-10. 2004..2%, offshore floating cages 41.6%) except for submersible cages (7.4%). S. testicularis was detected only in nine male fish from two intensive farms. The epidemiology and pathological effects of the parasites are discussed...
- Redescription of Clinostomum phalacrocoracis metacercariae (Digenea: Clinostomidae) in cichlids from Lake Kinneret, IsraelMonica Caffara
Department of Veterinary Medical Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Via Tolara di Sopra 50, 40064 Ozzano Emilia BO, Italy
Parasite 21:32. 2014....