Affiliation: University of Bari
- High prevalence of autoimmune urticaria in children with chronic urticariaLuigia Brunetti
Department of Biomedicina dell Eta Evolutiva, University of Bari, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:922-7. 2004..The etiology of chronic urticaria (CU) in childhood often remains unrecognized. Recently, in adults it has been shown that approximately 40% of patients with CU have autoimmune urticaria (AU); however, no data are available in children...
- Sleep-disordered breathing in obese children: the southern Italy experienceLuigia Brunetti
Clinica Pediatrica S Maggiore, Policlinico, University of Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare, 11 70124 Bari, Italy
Chest 137:1085-90. 2010..We sought an association between sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and overweight and/or obesity in a large cohort of school- and preschool-aged children in Southern Italy...
- Exhaled breath condensate cytokines and pH in pediatric asthma and atopic dermatitisLuigia Brunetti
Department of Biomedicina dell Eta Evolutiva, Pediatric Unit S Maggiore, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:461-7. 2008..Moreover, children with AD show an EBC pH and an exhaled pattern of Th2/Th1 cytokines similar to that of asthmatic patients...
- Effects of oral bacterial immunotherapy in children with atopic eczema/dermatitis syndrome : a pilot studyLuigia Brunetti
Department of Pediatrics, Division S Maggiore, University of Bari, Italy
BioDrugs 19:393-9. 2005..The purpose of this pilot study was to assess the clinical and anti-inflammatory effect of bacterial and ribosomal immunotherapy with Immucytal (Pierre Fabre Médicament, France) in children with AEDS...
- Exhaled breath condensate pH measurement in children with asthma, allergic rhinitis and atopic dermatitisLuigia Brunetti
Department of Biomedicina dell Eta Evolutiva, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:422-7. 2006..Therefore, EBC pH assessment may be useful in the evaluation of progression of the atopic march toward the development of asthma later in life. Further studies are recommended in order to confirm this indication...
- The role of pulmonary infection in pediatric asthmaLuigia Brunetti
Biomedicina dell Età Evolutiva, Pediatria S Maggiore, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Allergy Asthma Proc 28:190-3. 2007..In this review we describe the immunologic and clinical implications of the association between respiratory infections and asthma...
- Treatment of severe vernal keratoconjunctivitis with 1% topical cyclosporine in an Italian cohort of 197 childrenRiccardina Tesse
Department of Biomedicine of Developmental Age, Pediatric Clinic Maggiore, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 21:330-5. 2010....
- Lactobacillus reuteri modulates cytokines production in exhaled breath condensate of children with atopic dermatitisVito Leonardo Miniello
Department of Biomedicine of the Developmental Age, Pediatric Unit Salvatore Maggiore, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:573-6. 2010..Our data suggest that the oral administration of a specific probiotic strain in patients with atopic dermatitis can modulate in vivo the cytokine pattern at a different site from intestine...
- Efficacy of 1.25% and 1% topical cyclosporine in the treatment of severe vernal keratoconjunctivitis in childhoodLaura Spadavecchia
Clinica Pediatrica I, Dipartimento di Biomedicina dell Eta Evolutiva, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:527-32. 2006..Our findings suggest that 1% cyclosporine concentration might be the minimal effective treatment regimen to control symptoms and local inflammation in severe forms of VKC...
- Influence of HLA antigens and OSAS in childhood: a preliminary reportLuigia Brunetti
Clinica Pediatrica Maggiore, Dipartimento di Biomedicina dell Eta Evolutiva, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Sleep Res 14:157-62. 2005..02) and persistent wheeze (P < 0.008) the sole risk factors for OSAS development. Our preliminary data suggest that HLA does not play a key role in the pathogenesis of OSAS, however more studies are needed to clarify this issue...
- Effect of lactose on gut microbiota and metabolome of infants with cow's milk allergyRuggiero Francavilla
Department of Pediatrics, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 23:420-7. 2012..The positive effect is completed by the increase of median concentration of short chain fatty acids, especially for acetic and butyric acids demonstrated by the metabolomic analysis...
- [Dietary habits, life styles and respiratory symptoms in childhood]Giuseppe M Corbo
Epidemiol Prev 29:42-6. 2005..An increased BMI and TV watching are strongly related to respiratory symptoms. Our data confirm that dietary factors such as salt, vegetables and fruits are associated with the prevalence of respiratory symptoms in children...
- Maternal complications and procedures in pregnancy and at birth and wheezing phenotypes in childrenFranca Rusconi
Epidemiology Unit, Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, Via Luca Giordano 7 m, 50132 Florence, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:16-21. 2007..There is increasing interest in the potential influence of fetal and early life conditions on childhood wheezing...
- Wheeze and asthma in children: associations with body mass index, sports, television viewing, and dietGiuseppe M Corbo
Respiratory Physiology Department, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Epidemiology 19:747-55. 2008..Our goal was to analyze the relationship of body mass index (BMI), regular sports participation, TV viewing, and diet with current wheezing and asthma...
- [Parental smoking and respiratory disorders in childhood]Manuela De Sario
ASL Roma/E, Roma
Epidemiol Prev 29:52-6. 2005....
- [Frequency of asthma and allergies in Italian children and adolescents: results from SIDRIA-2]Piersante Sestini
Epidemiol Prev 29:24-31. 2005..Prevalence of childhood asthma, allergic rhinitis and eczema in Italy ranks intermediate with respect to other countries participating in ISAAC phase three...