Affiliation: University of Milan
- Glycogen turnover and anaplerosis in preconditioned rat heartsS Bradamante
CNR Centro Sintesi e Stereochimica di Speciali Sistemi Organici, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1502:363-79. 2000..Our isotopomer data suggest that preconditioning accelerates metabolic and functional recovery during reperfusion by more efficient/active replenishment of the depleted Krebs cycle...
- Production of lovastatin examined by an integrated approach based on chemometrics and DOSY-NMRSilvia Bradamante
CNR C S Sintesi e Stereochimica di Speciali Sistemi Organici, Milan, Italy
Biotechnol Bioeng 80:589-93. 2002..The approach has been validated in the case of lovastatin production from Aspergillus terreus...
- Resveratrol provides late-phase cardioprotection by means of a nitric oxide- and adenosine-mediated mechanismSilvia Bradamante
CNR Istituto Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari, University of Milan, Via Golgi 19, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 465:115-23. 2003..This suggests that long-term moderate resveratrol consumption could play an important role in late cardioprotective effects...
- Does resveratrol induce pharmacological preconditioning?S Bradamante
CNR, University of Milan, Italy
Int J Tissue React 22:1-4. 2000..23 +/- 8.1% of controls; p < 0.05). The metabolic pattern following resveratrol infusion was similar to that produced by ischemic preconditioning, suggesting that an increase in adenosine availability is involved in cardioprotection...
- Effects of gravity on proliferation and differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cellsS Versari
CNR Institute of Molecular Science and Technology, Milan, Italy
J Gravit Physiol 14:P127-8. 2007..The experiments lasted 7 or 14 days. We report data on AT-MSCs proliferation as DNA content, and on the expression of specific osteogenic markers (cbfa-1, alkaline phosphatase activity and Van Kossa staining)...
- A NMR-compatible and reduced gravity simulation based (NRG) bioreactor for on-line monitoring cell culture metabolismS Bradamante
CNR ISTM, Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari, Milan, Italy
J Gravit Physiol 11:P191-2. 2004..The faster proliferation of endothelial cells cultured in the NRG bioreactor (doubling time : 28 +/- 1.7 vs. 43 +/- 5.6 h of the control grown in RWV) are attributed to different oxygenation conditions and medium wash out...
- Induction of human endothelial cell growth by mildly oxidized low density lipoproteinJ A Maier
Dipartimento di Scienze e Technologie Biomediche, Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Atherosclerosis 123:115-21. 1996....
- Cardiovascular protective effects of resveratrolSilvia Bradamante
CNR ISTM, Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari, Via Golgi 19, 20133 Milano, Italy
Cardiovasc Drug Rev 22:169-88. 2004..Although the reported biological data indicate that resveratrol is a highly promising cardiovascular protective agent, more studies are needed to establish its bioavailability and in vivo cardioprotective effects, particularly in humans...
- Carnosine is a quencher of 4-hydroxy-nonenal: through what mechanism of reaction?Giancarlo Aldini
Istituto Chimico Farmaceutico Tossicologico, University of Milan, Viale Abruzzi 42, 20131 Milan, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298:699-706. 2002..The biological role of carnosine as a quencher of alpha,beta-unsaturated aldehydes was verified by detecting carnosine-HNE reaction adducts in oxidized rat skeletal muscle homogenate...
- Metal chelation aptitudes of bis(o-azaheteroaryl)methanes as tuned by heterocycle charge demandsAlessandro Abbotto
Department of Materials Science, University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cozzi 53, I-20125, Milano, Italy
J Org Chem 67:5753-72. 2002..This key factor can therefore be used for the efficient design of new pi-deficient heteroaromatic nitrogen ligands in chelates of great potential in many synthetic, catalytic, and technological fields...
- Simulated weightlessness in the design and exploitation of a NMR-compatible bioreactorSilvia Bradamante
CNR-ISTM, Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari, Via Golgi 19, I-20133 Milano, Italy. silvia.bradamante@ istm.cnr.it
Biotechnol Prog 20:1454-9. 2004..As a test study we focused on the proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) in terms of cell viability and organization of their cytoskeleton...
- Alterations of the actin cytoskeleton and increased nitric oxide synthesis are common features in human primary endothelial cell response to changes in gravitySilvia Versari
CNR ISTM, Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari, Via Golgi, 19, Milano, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1645-52. 2007..Our results indicate that cytoskeletal alterations and increased nitric oxide production represent common denominators in endothelial responses to both hypogravity and hypergravity...