Affiliation: University of Siena
- Photosensitivity and panic-agoraphobic spectrum: a pilot studyLetizia Bossini
Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena, Italy
Riv Psichiatr 48:108-12. 2013....
- Photosensitivity in panic disorderLetizia Bossini
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry Division, University of Siena School of Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, Siena, Italy
Depress Anxiety 26:E34-6. 2009..The objective of this study is to evaluate abnormal light-related behavior in patients with panic disorder (PD)...
- Magnetic resonance imaging volumes of the hippocampus in drug-naïve patients with post-traumatic stress disorder without comorbidity conditionsLetizia Bossini
Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena School of Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Psychiatr Res 42:752-62. 2008..The findings indicate the presence of smaller hippocampal volumes in drug-naïve patients with single diagnosis of PTSD, compared with healthy subjects...
- Panic-agoraphobic spectrum and light sensitivity in a general population sample in ItalyLetizia Bossini
Department of Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, University of Siena, Italy
Can J Psychiatry 50:39-45. 2005..This study aimed to verify a possible correlation between panic symptoms and photosensitivity, not only in panic disorder (PD) but also in the panic-agoraphobic spectrum...
- Evidence of diffuse damage in frontal and occipital cortex in the brain of patients with post-traumatic stress disorderMaricla Tavanti
Psychiatric Division, Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena School of Medicine, Siena, Italy
Neurol Sci 33:59-68. 2012..Our findings suggest that in drug-naïve PTSD patients with a history of adulthood trauma, brain structural damage is diffuse, with a particular prevalence for the frontal and occipital lobes, and is clinically relevant...
- Dysfunctions of cortical excitability in drug-naïve posttraumatic stress disorder patientsSimone Rossi
Department of Neuroscience, Neurology Section, University of Siena School of Medicine, Siena, Italy
Biol Psychiatry 66:54-61. 2009....
- Attachment and panic disorderClaudia Pacchierotti
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Section, University of Siena, Italy
Psychopathology 35:347-54. 2002..Our analysis showed that DSM-III-R-diagnosed PD patients reported their parents to be significantly less caring than did the control group, while there was no significant difference in objective recall of parenting experiences...
- Asenapine for the treatment of manic and mixed episodes associated with bipolar I disorder: from clinical research to clinical practiceAndrea Fagiolini
University of Siena, Departments of Mental Health and Molecular Medicine, Viale Bracci 1, Siena 53100, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 14:489-504. 2013..Its relatively favorable weight and metabolic profile, as well as the lack of appreciable activity at muscarinic cholinergic receptors and the sublingual administration are of clinical interest...
- Off-label uses of trazodone: a reviewLetizia Bossini
University of Siena, Psychiatry Division, Department of Neuroscience, Viale Bracci 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:1707-17. 2012..More studies are necessary to investigate possible new therapeutic indications, and to scientifically demonstrate the risk/benefit ratio for the many conditions for which trazodone is used, but not approved by the FDA...
- Activity of citalopram on adenosine and serotonin circulating levels in depressed patientsPatrizia Blardi
Center of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences, University of Siena, Siena 53100, Italy
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:262-6. 2005..Citalopram was detectable in platelets with concentrations showing a time variation similar to plasma values. Serotonin levels in platelets decreased after drug administration, reaching the lowest values on the last day of treatment...
- Changes in hippocampal volume in patients with post-traumatic stress disorder after sertraline treatmentLetizia Bossini
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:233-5. 2007
- Sexual disorders in subjects treated for mood and anxiety diseasesLetizia Bossini
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:310-2. 2007