Affiliation: University of Insubria
- Prevalence of occupational hazards in patients with different types of epithelial sinonasal cancersM Bonzini
University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Rhinology 51:31-6. 2013..Occupational exposure to carcinogens contributes greatly to the etiology of sinonasal cancer (SNC), but the role of different risk factors in determining different histological subtypes is disputed...
- [Epigenetic effects as mediators of procoagulant action of thin dust with high metal content. Study on occupational epidemiology]M Bonzini
Centro di Ricerca in Epidemiologia e Medicina Preventiva, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita dell Insubria, Varese, Italia
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 34:648-50. 2012..0, p = 0.001; and for ET-1 b = -16.4, p = 0.03). Our study based on healthy subject exposed in occupational setting, suggests that gene specific hypomethylation contributes to environmentally-induced hypercoagulability...
- Ambient PM exposure and DNA methylation in tumor suppressor genes: a cross-sectional studyLifang Hou
Department of Preventive Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 680 N, Lakeshore Drive, Chicago, 60611, USA
Part Fibre Toxicol 8:25. 2011....
- Airborne particulate matter and mitochondrial damage: a cross-sectional studyLifang Hou
Department of Preventive Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Environ Health 9:48. 2010..Although mitochondria are both the major intracellular source and target of oxidative stress, the effect of PM on mitochondria has never been evaluated in exposed individuals...
- Effects of inhalable particulate matter on blood coagulationM Bonzini
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 8:662-8. 2010..Lung and systemic inflammation resulting from PM inhalation may activate blood coagulation, but mechanisms for PM-related hypercoagulability are still largely unknown...
- Shift work and pregnancy outcomes: a systematic review with meta-analysis of currently available epidemiological studiesM Bonzini
Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine Research Centre, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
BJOG 118:1429-37. 2011..Two independent meta-analyses (from 2000 to 2007) reported a small adverse effect of shift work on the risk of preterm delivery (PTD). However, these reviews were based on few high-quality studies...
- Impact of ambient air pollution on birth outcomes: systematic review of the current evidencesM Bonzini
Department of Experimental Sciences, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Med Lav 101:341-63. 2010..This study was done to establish whether recent literature has provided more conclusive evidence regarding a link between air pollutants and birth outcomes...
- [Time trends of incidence rates of work accident with blood contamination in a North Italian teaching hospital]M M Ferrario
Medicina del Lavoro e Preventiva, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 34:275-7. 2012..Temporal trends, calculated on the biennial incidence, resulted in a reductions over the time period considered, in particular for needlestick injuries. Our results support the notions on the efficacy of the adopted prevention measures...
- Temporal trends in ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes in Northern Italy: results from the cardiovascular monitoring unit in Northern Italy population-based register, 1998-2004M Bonzini
Research Center in Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Insubria University, Varese, Italy
Neuroepidemiology 39:35-42. 2012..We compared rates and case fatality from a population-based stroke register in Northern Italy between 1998 and 2004 to assess changes over time and to evaluate changes in case diagnosis and management...
- D-dimer testing in the diagnosis of cerebral vein thrombosis: a systematic review and a meta-analysis of the literatureF Dentali
Department of Clinical Medicine, Insubria University, Varese, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 10:582-9. 2012..Whether D-dimer can play a similar role in the diagnostic approach to patients with suspected cerebral vein thrombosis (CVT) remains controversial...