M G Bongiorni
Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Pacing and implantable cardioverter-defibrillator transvenous lead extractionMaria Grazia Bongiorni
Arrhythmology Unit, Cardio Thoracic Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Ital Heart J 6:261-6. 2005..The success rate and the incidence of complications are highly affected by the staff experience. The use of the jugular approach, in the presence of free-floating or difficult exposed leads, increases both safety and success rate...
- [Iatrogenic risk of permanent pacemaker and defibrillator implantation]Maria Grazia Bongiorni
U O di Malattie Cardiovascolari II, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Pisa
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 10:395-406. 2009..Thus, both the implanting physician or the clinical cardiologist must be concerned not only with measures to avoid complications, but also with their early recognition and treatment...
- How European centres diagnose, treat, and prevent CIED infections: results of an European Heart Rhythm Association surveyMaria Grazia Bongiorni
Second Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Europace 14:1666-9. 2012..In the case of systemic infection or evidence of lead or valvular endocarditis, 95% of centres treat these conditions by extracting the leads, which indicates that the adherence to the lead extraction guidelines is quite good...
- Current practice in transvenous lead extraction: a European Heart Rhythm Association EP Network SurveyMaria Grazia Bongiorni
Second Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Pisa, Italy
Europace 14:783-6. 2012..Current practice with regard to transvenous lead extraction among European implanting centres was analysed by this survey...
- Techniques for transvenous leads extractionM G Bongiorni
Department of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Medicine, University Hospital of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Minerva Cardioangiol 55:771-81. 2007....
- Usefulness of mechanical transvenous dilation and location of areas of adherence in patients undergoing coronary sinus lead extractionMaria Grazia Bongiorni
Cardiac and Thoracic Department, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana and University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Cisanello, Pisa 56100, Italy
Europace 9:69-73. 2007..We aimed to evaluate feasibility, safety, and effectiveness of CS lead extraction, focusing on MD usefulness, in the event that lead traction (LT) was ineffective...
- Is local myocardial contractility related to endocardial acceleration signals detected by a transvenous pacing lead?M G Bongiorni
CNR CREAS Clinical Physiology Institute, Pisa, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 19:1682-8. 1996..These results suggest that the BEST could be used either as an effective sensor in closed loop pacing systems, or primarily as a diagnostic hemodynamic sensor...
- Management of cardiac device infections: A retrospective survey of a non-surgical approach combining antibiotic therapy with transvenous removalC Tascini
Infectious Diseases Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Pisana, Pisa, Italy
J Chemother 18:157-63. 2006..This procedure prevents recurrent infections and operative mortality...
- Long-term efficacy of oral encainide in frequent and repetitive ventricular arrhythmiasM G Bongiorni
Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
Eur Heart J 9:765-76. 1988..Uncommon, but severe, side effects may appear in patients with marked impairment of left ventricular function...
- Role of ventricular Autocapture function in increasing longevity of DDDR pacemakers: a prospective studyGiuseppe Boriani
Institute of Cardiology, University of Bologna, Azienda Ospedaliera Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Via Massarenti, 9 40138 Bologna, Italy
Europace 8:216-20. 2006..Autocapture is an algorithm for automatic adaptation of ventricular output to capture threshold. The aim of this prospective study was to estimate the effects of ventricular Autocapture algorithm on DDD-DDDR pacemaker longevity...
- Intracardiac echocardiography in patients with pacing and defibrillating leads: a feasibility studyMaria Grazia Bongiorni
Cardiac and Thoracic Department, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Echocardiography 25:632-8. 2008....
- Acute comparative effect of right and left ventricular pacing in patients with permanent atrial fibrillationEnrico Puggioni
Ospedali del Tigullio, Lavagna, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:234-8. 2004..The effect seems to be equal in patients with both depressed and preserved systolic functions and in those with and without native left bundle branch block...
- New-onset ventricular tachycardia after cardiac resynchronization therapyAndrea Di Cori
Cardiac and Thoracic Department, University of Pisa, Italy
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 12:231-5. 2005....
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrioventricular nodal reciprocating tachycardia using intracardiac echocardiography in pregnancyMaria Grazia Bongiorni
Cardiac and Thoracic Department, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Europace 10:1018-21. 2008....
- Early EPS/ICD strategy in survivors of acute myocardial infarction with severe left ventricular dysfunction on optimal beta-blocker treatment. The BEta-blocker STrategy plus ICD trialAntonio Raviele
Cardiology Division, Ospedale Umberto I, Via Circonvallazione, 50 30170 Mestre Venezia, Italy
Europace 7:327-37. 2005..Previous studies have shown the benefits of such a strategy only in high-risk patients late after MI...
- Retrieval of pacemaker lead tip embolized into the distal pulmonary arterial bed during extraction procedurePier Giorgio Golzio
Cardiology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:1558-61. 2007..Despite its distal location, we were able to extract the lead tip by an Amplatz goose neck snare kit for intravascular foreign body retrieval, commonly used by interventional radiologists, in cooperation with our radiology staff...
- Prevalence of conduction delay of the right atrium in patients with SSS: implications for pacing site selectionRoberto Verlato
Cardiology Department, General Hospital, Via P Cosma 1, 35012 Camposampiero, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:706-12. 2007....
- Defibrillation testing at the time of implantation of cardioverter defibrillator in the clinical practice: a nation-wide surveyMichele Brignole
Department of Cardiology, Arrhythmologic Centre, Ospedali del Tigullio, 16033 Lavagna, Italy
Europace 9:540-3. 2007..We conducted a systematic nation-wide retrospective survey in order to determine the DT rate and its complications...
- Extraction of the inner coil of a pacemaker lead slid into the pulmonary arteryPier Giorgio Golzio
Cardiology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:273-5. 2007..Then, by right jugular approach, the freely floating end of the inner atrial coil was grasped by a pig-tail catheter, drawn back into the superior vena cava, exteriorized by a Lasso catheter, and finally extracted...