Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Triadin/Junctin double null mouse reveals a differential role for Triadin and Junctin in anchoring CASQ to the jSR and regulating Ca(2+) homeostasisSimona Boncompagni
DNI Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, CeSI Center for Research on Ageing, University of G d Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e39962. 2012..These data suggest that in skeletal muscle the disruption of Tdn/CASQ link has a more profound effect on jSR architecture and myoplasmic Ca(2+) regulation than Jct/CASQ association...
- The I4895T mutation in the type 1 ryanodine receptor induces fiber-type specific alterations in skeletal muscle that mimic premature agingSimona Boncompagni
IIM Interuniversitary Institute of Myology, DNI Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, Ce S I Centro Scienze dell Invecchiamento, University of Studi G d Annunzio, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Aging Cell 9:958-70. 2010....
- Sequential stages in the age-dependent gradual formation and accumulation of tubular aggregates in fast twitch muscle fibers: SERCA and calsequestrin involvementSimona Boncompagni
IIM Interuniversitary Institute of Myology, DNI Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, CeSI Centro Scienze dell Invecchiamento, Universita degli Studi G D Annunzio, 66013, Chieti, Italy
Age (Dordr) 34:27-41. 2012..We conclude that TAs do not arise abruptly but are the final result of a gradually changing SR architecture and we suggest that the crystalline ATPase within the aggregates may be inactive...
- Progressive disorganization of the excitation-contraction coupling apparatus in aging human skeletal muscle as revealed by electron microscopy: a possible role in the decline of muscle performanceSimona Boncompagni
CeSI, Centro Scienze dell Invecchiamento, Universita degli Studi G D Annunzio, Chieti, CH I 66013, Italy
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 61:995-1008. 2006..These data indicate that in aging humans the EC coupling apparatus undergoes a partial disarrangement and a spatial reorganization that could interfere with an efficient delivery of Ca(2+) ions to the contractile proteins...
- A subpopulation of rat muscle fibers maintains an assessable excitation-contraction coupling mechanism after long-standing denervation despite lost contractilityRoberta Squecco
Interuniversitary Institute of Myology, Chieti, Italy
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 68:1256-68. 2009..Hence, these data provide a potential molecular explanation for the muscle recovery that occurs in response to rehabilitation strategies developed based on empirical clinical observations...
- Mitochondria are linked to calcium stores in striated muscle by developmentally regulated tethering structuresSimona Boncompagni
Interuniversitary Institute of Myology, Department of Basic and Applied Medical Sciences, CeSI, Universita degli Studi G D Annunzio, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 20:1058-67. 2009....
- Structural differentiation of skeletal muscle fibers in the absence of innervation in humansSimona Boncompagni
Interuniversitary Institute of Miology, Centro Scienze dell Invecchiamento, Universita degli Studi G D Annunzio, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19339-44. 2007..Most importantly, the recovery occurs in the complete absence of motor and sensory innervation and of nerve-derived trophic factors, that is, solely under the influence of muscle activity induced by electrical stimulation...
- Growth associated protein 43 is expressed in skeletal muscle fibers and is localized in proximity of mitochondria and calcium release unitsSimone Guarnieri
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging DNI, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e53267. 2013..This work leads the way to further investigation about the possible physiological and structural role of GAP43 protein in adult fiber function and disease...
- The contribution of reactive oxygen species to sarcopenia and muscle ageingStefania Fulle
Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, Universita degli Studi G D Annunzio, Nuovo Polo Didattico pal B, Via dei Vestini 29, Chieti I 66013, Italy
Exp Gerontol 39:17-24. 2004....