Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Napoli N, Kauffmann E, Menonna F, Perrone V, Brozzetti S, Boggi U. Indications, technique, and results of robotic pancreatoduodenectomy. Updates Surg. 2016;68:295-305 pubmed..RPD is safely feasible in selected patients. Implementation of RPD requires sound experience with open pancreatoduodenectomy and advanced laparoscopic procedures, as well as specific training with the robotic platform. ..
- Kauffmann E, Napoli N, Menonna F, Vistoli F, Amorese G, Campani D, et al. Robotic pancreatoduodenectomy with vascular resection. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2016;401:1111-1122 pubmed..0 %). Literature review identified seven additional cases, all reported to have successful outcome. RPD-SMV/PV is feasible in carefully selected patients. The generalization of these results remains to be demonstrated. ..
- Boggi U, Napoli N, Kauffmann E, Presti G, Moglia A. Laparoscopic Microwave Liver Ablation and Portal Vein Ligation: An Alternative Approach to the Conventional ALPPS Procedure in Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:884 pubmed..in Ann Surg 256:e13,2012) and MWA on the intended split line (Gringeri and Boetto in Ann Surg 261:e42-e43,2015) have been recently described. The combination of these techniques with PBD allowed successful ALPPS in a patient with h-CCA. ..
- Boggi U, Signori S, De Lio N, Perrone V, Vistoli F, Belluomini M, et al. Feasibility of robotic pancreaticoduodenectomy. Br J Surg. 2013;100:917-25 pubmed publisher..Excess mean operative cost compared with open resection was €6193. Selected patients can safely undergo robotic pancreaticoduodenectomy. The main downsides are high costs and prolonged operating times compared with open resection. ..
- Boggi U, Moretto C, Vistoli F, D Imporzano S, Mosca F. Robotic suture of a large caval injury caused by endo-GIA stapler malfunction during laparoscopic wedge resection of liver segments VII and VIII en-bloc with the right hepatic vein. Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol. 2009;18:306-10 pubmed publisher
- Boggi U, Napoli N, Costa F, Kauffmann E, Menonna F, Iacopi S, et al. Robotic-Assisted Pancreatic Resections. World J Surg. 2016;40:2497-506 pubmed publisher..5 vs. 45.5 %). RAPR, including RAPD, are safely feasible in selected patients. The results of RAPD in pancreatic cancer are encouraging but deserve further investigation. ..
- Napoli N, Kauffmann E, Menonna F, Costa F, Iacopi S, Amorese G, et al. Robotic versus open pancreatoduodenectomy: a propensity score-matched analysis based on factors predictive of postoperative pancreatic fistula. Surg Endosc. 2018;32:1234-1247 pubmed publisher..A RCT, with risk stratification for POPF, would require an enormous number of patients. Implementation of an international registry could be the next step in the assessment of RPD. ..
- Boggi U, Amorese G, De Lio N, Perrone V, D Imporzano S, Croce C, et al. Central pancreatectomy with inframesocolic pancreatojejunostomy. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2012;397:1013-21 pubmed publisher..The information could be obtained if the two pancreatic remnants were segregated into different body compartments...