Genomes and Genes
Maria Beatrice Bitonti
Affiliation: University of Calabria
- In Posidonia oceanica cadmium induces changes in DNA methylation and chromatin patterningMaria Greco
Department of Ecology, University of Calabria, Laboratory of Plant Cyto physiology, Ponte Pietro Bucci, I 87036 Arcavacata di Rende, Cosenza, Italy
J Exp Bot 63:695-709. 2012..Such changes are linked to nuclear chromatin reconfiguration likely to establish a new balance of expressed/repressed chromatin. Overall, the data show an epigenetic basis to the mechanism underlying Cd toxicity in plants...
- Perturbation of cytokinin and ethylene-signalling pathways explain the strong rooting phenotype exhibited by Arabidopsis expressing the Schizosaccharomyces pombe mitotic inducer, cdc25Natasha D Spadafora
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK
BMC Plant Biol 12:45. 2012..Here we show, for the first time, that alterations to cytokinin and ethylene signaling explain the rooting phenotype elicited by Spcdc25 expression in Arabidopsis...
- Distinct nuclear organization, DNA methylation pattern and cytokinin distribution mark juvenile, juvenile-like and adult vegetative apical meristems in peach (Prunus persica (L.) Batsch)Maria Beatrice Bitonti
Dipartimento di Ecologia, Universita della Calabria, I 87030 Arcavacata di Rende, CS, Italy
J Exp Bot 53:1047-54. 2002..The extent to which the acquisition of a strongly zonated pattern of these parameters as markers of floral competence in adult SAMs is discussed...
- Differential spatial expression of A- and B-type CDKs, and distribution of auxins and cytokinins in the open transverse root apical meristem of Cucurbita maximaAdriana Chiappetta
Dipartimento di Ecologia, Universita della Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, Cosenza, Italy
Ann Bot 107:1223-34. 2011..Here spatial expression/localization of an A-type and B-type CDK, auxin and cytokinins are reported in relation to the hitherto unexplored anatomy of RAMs of Cucurbita maxima...
- Zeatin accumulation and misexpression of a class I knox gene are intimately linked in the epiphyllous response of the interspecific hybrid EMB-2 (Helianthus annuus x H. tuberosus)Adriana Chiappetta
Dipartimento di Ecologia, Universita della Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, 87030 Cosenza, Italy
Planta 223:917-31. 2006..These results clearly indicate that localized cytokinin accumulation and ectopic expression of HtKNOT1 are closely linked in the epiphylly of EMB-2 plants...
- Cytological investigations of the Arabidopsis thaliana elo1 mutant give new insights into leaf lateral growth and Elongator functionAndrea Falcone
Universita della Calabria, Dipartimento di Ecologia, Via ponte P Bucci, Cubo 6B, I 87036, Arcavacata di Rende, CS, Italia
Ann Bot 100:261-70. 2007..Relative expression levels of three sucrose metabolism/transport-related genes were also investigated. The aim was to determine the physiological basis of leaf morphology in this mutant, by investigating the modulatory role of sucrose...
- Expression pattern of a type-2 metallothionein gene in a wild population of the psammophyte Silene nicaeensisRadiana Cozza
Department of Ecology, University of Calabria, 87030 Arcavacata di Rende Cs, Italy
Protoplasma 250:381-9. 2013..Moreover, an increase of SnMT2 was observed in the root of plants collected from area with higher MPI. The putative role of SnMT2 in metal tolerance is discussed...
- Developmental stimuli and stress factors affect expression of ClGLP1, an emerging allergen-related gene in Citrus limonLeonardo Bruno
Universita della Calabria, Dipartimento di Ecologia, Biologia e Scienze della Terra Di B E S T, Via P Bucci, I 87036 Arcavacata di Rende, CS, Italy Electronic address
Plant Physiol Biochem 79:31-40. 2014....
- In vitro culture conditions and OeARF and OeH3 expressions modulate adventitious root formation from oleaster (Olea europaea L. subsp. europaea var. sylvestris) cuttingsAdriana Chiappetta
Department DiBEST, University of Calabria, Ponte P Bucci, Arcavacata di Rende, 87036 Cosenza, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:974086. 2014..The obtained results suggest that the selected genes, as markers of the induction phase, could be very useful for setting up efficient culture conditions along the rooting process, thus increasing micropropagation efficiency. ..
- A simple and effective method for high quality co-extraction of genomic DNA and total RNA from low biomass Ectocarpus siliculosus, the model brown algaMaria Greco
Department of Biology, Ecology and Earth Sciences, Laboratory of Plant Cyto physiology, University of Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende Cosenza, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e96470. 2014..Co-isolation of DNA/RNA from different strains indicates that this method is likely to have wider applications for intra- and inter-specific studies on other brown algae...
- The gene geranylgeranyl reductase of peach (Prunus persica [L.] Batsch) is regulated during leaf development and responds differentially to distinct stress factorsDonato Giannino
Institute of Biology and Agricultural Biotechnology Section of Rome, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Salaria Km 29, 300, I 00016, Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
J Exp Bot 55:2063-73. 2004..These data suggest that PpCHL P expression was regulated by photosynthetic activity and was possibly involved in the defence response...
- Isolation and characterization of a maintenance DNA-methyltransferase gene from peach (Prunus persica [L.] Batsch): transcript localization in vegetative and reproductive meristems of triple budsDonato Giannino
Institute of Plant Protection, Section of Bari, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Amendola 165 A, I 70126 Bari, Italy
J Exp Bot 54:2623-33. 2003..The PpMETI transcript was also monitored during organ flower formation. Altogether, these data suggest a relationship between DNA replication and PpMETI gene expression...
- Peach [Prunus persica (L.) Batsch] KNOPE1, a class 1 KNOX orthologue to Arabidopsis BREVIPEDICELLUS/KNAT1, is misexpressed during hyperplasia of leaf curl diseaseGiulio Testone
Institute of Biology and Agricultural Biotechnology, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Salaria Km 29, 300, 00015 Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
J Exp Bot 59:389-402. 2008..These results suggest that KNOPE1 misexpression and de novo zeatin synthesis of host origin might participate in hyperplasia of leaf curl disease...
- CRY-DASH gene expression is under the control of the circadian clock machinery in tomatoPaolo Facella
ENEA, Trisaia Research Center, S S 106 Jonica, 75026 Rotondella Mt, Italy
FEBS Lett 580:4618-24. 2006....
- Localization of ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid oxidase, and glutathione in roots of Cucurbita maxima LRosalia Liso
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Vegetale, Universita di Bari, Via E Orabona 4, I 70125 Bari, Italia
J Exp Bot 55:2589-97. 2004..The different pattern of distribution of ASC in different tissues and cell compartments reflects its possible role in cell metabolism and root morphogenesis...