Genomes and Genes
Maria Beatrice Bitonti
Affiliation: University of Calabria
- Perturbation of cytokinin and ethylene-signalling pathways explain the strong rooting phenotype exhibited by Arabidopsis expressing the Schizosaccharomyces pombe mitotic inducer, cdc25Natasha D Spadafora
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3AT, UK
BMC Plant Biol 12:45. 2012..Here we show, for the first time, that alterations to cytokinin and ethylene signaling explain the rooting phenotype elicited by Spcdc25 expression in Arabidopsis...
- Distinct nuclear organization, DNA methylation pattern and cytokinin distribution mark juvenile, juvenile-like and adult vegetative apical meristems in peach (Prunus persica (L.) Batsch)Maria Beatrice Bitonti
Dipartimento di Ecologia, Universita della Calabria, I 87030 Arcavacata di Rende, CS, Italy
J Exp Bot 53:1047-54. 2002..The extent to which the acquisition of a strongly zonated pattern of these parameters as markers of floral competence in adult SAMs is discussed...
- Differential spatial expression of A- and B-type CDKs, and distribution of auxins and cytokinins in the open transverse root apical meristem of Cucurbita maximaAdriana Chiappetta
Dipartimento di Ecologia, Universita della Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, Cosenza, Italy
Ann Bot 107:1223-34. 2011..Here spatial expression/localization of an A-type and B-type CDK, auxin and cytokinins are reported in relation to the hitherto unexplored anatomy of RAMs of Cucurbita maxima...
- Zeatin accumulation and misexpression of a class I knox gene are intimately linked in the epiphyllous response of the interspecific hybrid EMB-2 (Helianthus annuus x H. tuberosus)Adriana Chiappetta
Dipartimento di Ecologia, Universita della Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, 87030 Cosenza, Italy
Planta 223:917-31. 2006..These results clearly indicate that localized cytokinin accumulation and ectopic expression of HtKNOT1 are closely linked in the epiphylly of EMB-2 plants...
- Cytological investigations of the Arabidopsis thaliana elo1 mutant give new insights into leaf lateral growth and Elongator functionAndrea Falcone
Universita della Calabria, Dipartimento di Ecologia, Via ponte P Bucci, Cubo 6B, I 87036, Arcavacata di Rende, CS, Italia
Ann Bot 100:261-70. 2007..Relative expression levels of three sucrose metabolism/transport-related genes were also investigated. The aim was to determine the physiological basis of leaf morphology in this mutant, by investigating the modulatory role of sucrose...
- The gene geranylgeranyl reductase of peach (Prunus persica [L.] Batsch) is regulated during leaf development and responds differentially to distinct stress factorsDonato Giannino
Institute of Biology and Agricultural Biotechnology Section of Rome, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Salaria Km 29, 300, I 00016, Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
J Exp Bot 55:2063-73. 2004..These data suggest that PpCHL P expression was regulated by photosynthetic activity and was possibly involved in the defence response...
- Isolation and characterization of a maintenance DNA-methyltransferase gene from peach (Prunus persica [L.] Batsch): transcript localization in vegetative and reproductive meristems of triple budsDonato Giannino
Institute of Plant Protection, Section of Bari, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Amendola 165 A, I 70126 Bari, Italy
J Exp Bot 54:2623-33. 2003..The PpMETI transcript was also monitored during organ flower formation. Altogether, these data suggest a relationship between DNA replication and PpMETI gene expression...
- Peach [Prunus persica (L.) Batsch] KNOPE1, a class 1 KNOX orthologue to Arabidopsis BREVIPEDICELLUS/KNAT1, is misexpressed during hyperplasia of leaf curl diseaseGiulio Testone
Institute of Biology and Agricultural Biotechnology, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Salaria Km 29, 300, 00015 Monterotondo Scalo, Rome, Italy
J Exp Bot 59:389-402. 2008..These results suggest that KNOPE1 misexpression and de novo zeatin synthesis of host origin might participate in hyperplasia of leaf curl disease...
- Localization of ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid oxidase, and glutathione in roots of Cucurbita maxima LRosalia Liso
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Vegetale, Universita di Bari, Via E Orabona 4, I 70125 Bari, Italia
J Exp Bot 55:2589-97. 2004..The different pattern of distribution of ASC in different tissues and cell compartments reflects its possible role in cell metabolism and root morphogenesis...
- CRY-DASH gene expression is under the control of the circadian clock machinery in tomatoPaolo Facella
ENEA, Trisaia Research Center, S S 106 Jonica, 75026 Rotondella Mt, Italy
FEBS Lett 580:4618-24. 2006....