Affiliation: University Hospital
- Is radiation a risk factor for atherosclerosis? An echo-color Doppler study on Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin patientsFranca Bilora
2nd Internal Medicine Clinic, University of Padua and IRCCS IOV, Padua, Italy
Tumori 92:295-8. 2006..The aim of the present paper was to study the role of irradiation in the atherosclerotic process in patients affected by Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma...
- Autonomic dysfunction in Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. A paraneoplastic syndrome?Franca Bilora
2nd Internal Medicine Clinic University of Padua and IRCSS IOV, Padua, Italy
Hematol Rep 2:e8. 2010..Autonomic dysfunction in lymphoma is a transient manifestation of a paraneoplastic syndrome...
- Autonomic dysfunction and primary antiphospholipid syndrome: a frequent and frightening correlation?Franca Bilora
Second Internal Medicine Clinic, Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Sciences, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Int J Gen Med 5:339-43. 2012....
- Carotid and femoral atherosclerosis in chronic hepatitis C: a 5-year follow-upFranca Bilora
Department of Medical and Surgical Science, Clinica Medica II, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Angiology 59:717-20. 2008..Chronic hepatitis C seems to cause delay in the atherosclerotic process...
- Flow-mediated arterial dilation in primary antiphospholipid syndromeFranca Bilora
Clinica Medica, Universita di Padova, Clinica Medica II, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua, Italy
Angiology 60:104-7. 2009..To investigate precocious alterations in the artery wall of patients with primary antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Type IIb von Willebrand disease: role of qualitative defects in atherosclerosis and endothelial dysfunctionFranca Bilora
Clinica Medica II, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 13:384-90. 2007..To verify whether a hereditary bleeding tendency, such as von Willebrand disease (vWD) type IIB, protects against the onset of atherosclerosis...
- Are Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin patients at a greater risk of atherosclerosis? A follow-up of 3 yearsF Bilora
2nd Internal Medicin Clinic, University of Padua and IRCCS IOV, Padua, Italy
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 19:417-9. 2010..They seem to have a persistently reduced flow-mediated dilatation. Lymphoma therapy probably predisposes patients to early atherosclerosis, and it would be worth trying to reverse this tendency by administering antioxidant therapy...
- Does hemophilia protect against atherosclerosis? A case-control studyFranca Bilora
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, 2nd Chair of Internal Medicine, University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 12:193-8. 2006..In all the examined districts, the mean IMT was significantly lower in patients with hemophilia than in controls. Hemophilia protects against asymptomatic atherosclerosis...
- Atherosclerosis and secondary deep vein thrombosis: a difficult correlationF Bilora
Clinica Medica II, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 9:121-4. 2003..No difference was found in the 2 groups as concerns intima media thickness or plaques in the arterial district explored. Secondary deep vein thrombosis is not a greater risk factor for atherosclerosis...
- Chronic viral hepatitis: a prospective factor against atherosclerosis. A study with echo-color Doppler of the carotid and femoral arteries and the abdominal aortaF Bilora
Dipartimento di Scienze Medico Chirurgiche, Universita di Padova, Clinica Medica II, Padova, Italy
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:1001-4. 2002..To evaluate if chronic viral hepatitis may be a protective factor for atherosclerosis...
- An association between atherosclerosis and venous thrombosisPaolo Prandoni
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Second Chair of Internal Medicine, University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
N Engl J Med 348:1435-41. 2003..Whether atherosclerosis is associated with an increased risk of venous thrombosis is unknown...
- Are antiphospholipid antibodies an independent risk factor for atherosclerosis?Franca Bilora
Department of Medical and Surgical Science, II Neurologic Clinic, Padua University, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 8:103-13. 2002..Results demonstrate that there is no correlation between aPL and atherosclerosis. The different positivity to aPL does not modify this conclusion...
- Patients with Cushing's syndrome have increased intimal media thickness at different vascular levels: comparison with a population matched for similar cardiovascular risk factorsN Albiger
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Horm Metab Res 38:405-10. 2006..Multiple events related to long-term cortisol effects on metabolism and at vascular and endothelial sites may increase the risk of cardiovascular damage in patients with CS...
- A gastric hiatal hernia may make abdominal pain disappearFabio Pomerri
Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, Padua University Hospital, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
J Med 35:257-63. 2004..The colonic hernia partially reduced when the gastric hernia was filled with barium. We postulate that these findings could explain the disappearance of the colic obstruction and abdominal pain after meals...
- Cardiovascular risk factors and ultrasound evaluation of intima-media thickness at common carotids, carotid bulbs, and femoral and abdominal aorta arteries in patients with classic congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiencyP Sartorato
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Endocrinology Unit, University of Padova, 35128 Padova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1015-8. 2007..Increased intima-media thickness (IMT) is considered a measure of subclinical atherosclerosis and a predictor of myocardial infarction and stroke...
- Diagnosis and complications of Cushing's disease: gender-related differencesMarialuisa Zilio
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Medicine DIMED, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 80:403-10. 2014..The aim of this study was to evaluate gender-related differences in the presentation of CD, as regards: biochemical indices of hypercortisolism; sensitivity of diagnostic tests; clinical features and complications of disease...
- Endothelial dysfunction in haemophilia patientsM T Sartori
2nd Chair Internal Medicine, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Haemophilia 14:1055-62. 2008..Other pathogenic mechanisms, such as chronic viral infections, are likely to be involved in this endothelial damage, however...
- Hemophilia A, von Willebrand disease, and atherosclerosis of abdominal aorta and leg arteries: factor VIII and von Willebrand factor defects appear to protect abdominal aorta and leg arteries from atherosclerosisF Bilora
Department of Medical and Surgery Sciences, University of Padua Medical School, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 7:311-3. 2001..The most serious hemophilic patients had fewer plaques than controls or than patients with mild hemophilia. Both hemophilia and von Willebrand disease seem to protect against atherosclerosis...
- Seasonal variation in the incidence of deep vein thrombosis in patients with deficiency of protein C or protein SF Bilora
University of Padua Medical School, Department of Medical and Surgery Sciences, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 8:231-7. 2002..There was also a significant falling circaseptanal rhythm on Fridays. These observations may optimize an adequate and precise anticoagulant therapy in patients with protein C or protein S deficits...
- Chronobiology of non fatal pulmonary thromboembolismF Bilora
Institute of Medicine II, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Panminerva Med 43:7-10. 2001..There was, however, a tendency towards an increase during the winter and summer months. CONCLUSIONS: The results may have important clinical applications, both in prevention and in the timing of drug dosage...