Affiliation: University of Insubria
- Ecotoxicity of pp'DDE to Daphnia magnaRoberta Bettinetti
Theoretical and Applied Science Department, University of Insubria, Via Dunant 3, Varese, Italy
Ecotoxicology 22:1255-63. 2013..Grazing activity was affected with a pp'DDE concentration in the organism of 24 ng mg(-1) d.w., while the lowest observed effect concentration for fecundity reduction was 109 ng mg(-1) d.w...
- Seasonal fluctuations of DDTs and PCBs in zooplankton and fish of Lake Maggiore (Northern Italy)Roberta Bettinetti
Department of Theoretical and Applied Sciences, University of Insubria, Via Dunant 3, Varese, Italy
Chemosphere 88:344-51. 2012..As concern individual PCBs, biomagnification from zooplankton to all three fish species was significant for PCB 153 and PCB 138...
- Pp'DDT and pp'DDE accumulation in a food chain of Lake Maggiore (Northern Italy): testing steady-state conditionRoberta Bettinetti
University of Insubria, Chemical and Environmental Science Dep, Via Valleggio, 11, 22100 Como
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 13:59-66. 2006....
- A preliminary evaluation of the DDT contamination of sediments in lakes Natron and Bogoria (Eastern Rift Valley, Africa)Roberta Bettinetti
Chemical and Environmental Sciences Department, University of Insubria, Como, Italy
Ambio 40:341-50. 2011....
- Sediment analysis to support the recent glacial origin of DDT pollution in Lake Iseo (Northern Italy)Roberta Bettinetti
Department of Chemical and Environmental Sciences, University of Insubria, Via Valleggio 11, 22100 Como, Italy
Chemosphere 85:163-9. 2011..This delayed pollution provides support for the hypothesis that the recent retreat of glaciers represents a secondary pollution source for old pesticides that were stored in the ice at the time of their use in agriculture...
- The role of zooplankton in DDT biomagnification in a pelagic food web of Lake Maggiore (Northern Italy)Roberta Bettinetti
Department of Chemical and Environmental Sciences, University of Insubria, 22100 Como, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:1508-18. 2010....
- Sediment quality assessment in the Gulf of Gdańsk (Baltic Sea) using complementary lines of evidenceRoberta Bettinetti
Department of Chemistry and Environmental Sciences, University of Insubria, Via Valleggio 11, Como, 22100, Italy
Environ Manage 43:1313-20. 2009..This "biological information" allows a better appreciation of the real benthic infaunal community exposure to chemicals and can usefully complement the existing sediment quality guidelines...
- Is meltwater from Alpine glaciers a secondary DDT source for lakes?Roberta Bettinetti
University of Insubria, Department of Chemical Environmental Sciences, Via Valleggio 11, 22100 Como, Italy
Chemosphere 73:1027-31. 2008..PCBs did not peak in biota tissues to a comparable extent probably because local sources were not as important as for DDTs...
- How reliable are data for the ecotoxicity of trivalent chromium to Daphnia magna?Benedetta Ponti
Department of Science and High Technology, University of Insubria, Como, Italy
Environ Toxicol Chem 33:2280-7. 2014..magna must consider that exposure concentrations can decrease markedly from the beginning to the end of a test and that medium alkalinity strongly influences the outcome of laboratory toxicity tests...
- Public health benefits and risks of fish consumption: current scientific evidence v. media coverageFederico A Pasquaré
Department of Theoretical and Applied Sciences, Insubria University, Varese, Italy
Public Health Nutr 16:1885-92. 2013..To evaluate if and how the current degree of scientific uncertainty about the safety of fish consumption is incorporated at the media level...
- Contamination, parasitism and condition of Anguilla anguilla in three Italian stocksSilvia Quadroni
Department of Theoretical and Applied Sciences Environmental Section, University of Insubria, Via Dunant 3, 21100, Varese, Italy
Ecotoxicology 22:94-108. 2013..More definitive studies are needed to assess whether health effects caused by these multiple stressors are additive, compensatory or synergistic...
- Sub-lethal effects of acetone on Daphnia magnaBarbara Leoni
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e del Territorio, UniversitÃ degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 1, Milan, 20126, Italy
Ecotoxicology 17:199-205. 2008..magna. More attention should be paid to small, water-soluble molecules usually considered of low concern for chronic toxicity because they might affect other metabolic pathways...
- pp'DDE contamination of the blood and diet in central European populationsSilvana Galassi
Biology Department, University of Milan, Via Celoria 26, 20133, Milano, Italy
Sci Total Environ 390:45-52. 2008..The total daily intake was higher in Poland than in Germany, and agrees with the finding that body tissues, on the average, are more polluted in donors from Poland than those from Germany...