Affiliation: University of Perugia
- Effect of subclinical hypothyroidism and obesity on whole-body and regional bone mineral contentA Bertoli
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Horm Res 57:79-84. 2002..The present investigation was aimed to evaluate the effect of subclinical hypothyroidism and obesity on bone mineral content (BMC) in different body segments...
- Lipid profile, BMI, body fat distribution, and aerobic fitness in men with metabolic syndromeA Bertoli
University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Acta Diabetol 40:S130-3. 2003..54, p<0.05, respectively). Data demonstrated that aerobic fitness is related to metabolic parameters and to body fat distribution, and suggest that its modification may improve well-known predictors of coronary artery disease...
- Transient increase of plasma ghrelin after laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding in morbid obesityL M Mariani
Department of Internal Medicine, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Italy
Horm Metab Res 37:242-5. 2005....
- Effect of subclinical hypothyroidism on body fluid compartmentsA De Lorenzo
Human Nutrition Unit, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Horm Metab Res 32:359-63. 2000..The present study was aimed to assess the effects of subclinical hypothyroidism on body composition (BC)...
- The effect of physical activities of various intensities on the energy expenditure of type 2 diabetic menC Maiolo
Department of Neurosciences Building F Sud, 1st Floor, Room 114, University of Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, I 00133, Rome, Italy
Acta Diabetol 40:S126-9. 2003..Physical activity seems to have various beneficial effects on mildly obese T2DM patients because it increases the plasma glucose consumption, resulting in similar energy expenditure in comparison with normoglycaemic individuals...
- Morbid obesity: evaluation of metabolic indexes after adjustable silicone gastric bandingL M Mariani
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Acta Diabetol 40:S263-5. 2003..Improvement in metabolic parameters appears to precede body weight reduction...
- The beta cell function in NIDDM patients with secondary failure: a three year follow-up of combined oral hypoglycemic and insulin therapyA V Greco
Istituto di Clinica Medica, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Horm Metab Res 24:280-3. 1992..These results demonstrate that insulin treatment may restore insulin sensitivity in NIDDM patients resistant to OHA treatment and that after three years there is no exhaustion of B-cell function...