Affiliation: University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Prevalence and genotyping of human isolates of Giardia duodenalis from AlbaniaF Berrilli
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Parasitol Int 55:295-7. 2006..Sequence analysis revealed both human Assemblage A and B. This result represents the first data on G. duodenalis genotypes in Albania...
- Giardia and Cryptosporidium and public health: the epidemiological scenario from the Italian perspectiveAnnunziata Giangaspero
Dipartimento di Scienze delle Produzioni, dell Ingegneria e della Meccanica e dell Economia Applicate ai Sistemi Agro Zootecnici, University of Foggia, 71100, Foggia, Italy
Parasitol Res 101:1169-82. 2007..Finally, possible explanations are given for the infrequent reports of Giardia and Cryptosporidium spp. outbreaks, despite widespread faecal contamination by these parasites...
- Intestinal parasite infections in immigrant children in the city of Rome, related risk factors and possible impact on nutritional statusLaura Manganelli
Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Policlinico Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, Rome, Italy
Parasit Vectors 5:265. 2012..Subsequently, the possible correlation between nutritional status and parasitic infections was also investigated...
- Interactions between parasites and microbial communities in the human gutFederica Berrilli
Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Tor Vergata University Rome, Italy
Front Cell Infect Microbiol 2:141. 2012..On these bases, there is a growing interest in explaining the rationale on the possible interactions between the microbiota, immune response, inflammatory processes, and intestinal parasites...
- Giardia duodenalis genotypes and Cryptosporidium species in humans and domestic animals in Côte d'Ivoire: occurrence and evidence for environmental contaminationFederica Berrilli
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133, Rome, Italy
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 106:191-5. 2012..parvum. The results provide further evidence about the role of free-ranging domestic animals living closely with humans in the environmental dissemination and potential transmission of these anthropozoonotic pathogens to humans...
- Giardia duodenalis assemblages and Entamoeba species infecting non-human primates in an Italian zoological garden: zoonotic potential and management traitsFederica Berrilli
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica e Biologia Cellulare, Universita di Roma Torvergata, Rome, Italy
Parasit Vectors 4:199. 2011..In this study we carried out the molecular identification of G. duodenalis and Entamoeba spp. from nine species of primates housed in the zoological garden of Rome, to better ascertain their occurrence and zoonotic potential...
- Genotype characterisation of Giardia duodenalis isolates from domestic and farm animals by SSU-rRNA gene sequencingFederica Berrilli
Cattedra di Parassitologia, Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica e Biologia Cellulare, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Vet Parasitol 122:193-9. 2004..The present study represents the first contribute to the knowledge of G. duodenalis genotypes in domestic and farm animals from Italy...
- Ribosomal and mitochondrial DNA sequence variation in Sarcoptes mites from different hosts and geographical regionsF Berrilli
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via di Tor Vergata 135, 00133, Rome, Italy
Parasitol Res 88:772-7. 2002..These results suggest the existence of a limitation to free gene exchange between the studied populations, probably related to the genetic structuring of local populations rather than to a differential adaptation to host species...
- Acanthamoeba T4 and T15 genotypes associated with keratitis infections in ItalyD Di Cave
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, Rome, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:607-12. 2009..PCR amplification of the 18S ribosomal DNA proved to be a sensitive method, potentially able to detect Acanthamoeba without the need of long culture incubation, and thus considerably useful for clinical applications...
- Molecular analysis based on mtLSU-rRNA and DHPS sequences of Pneumocystis jirovecii from immunocompromised and immunocompetent patients in ItalyS Dimonte
Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Infect Genet Evol 14:68-72. 2013..jirovecii regarding colonized immunocompetent adults. Further multicenter analyses on P. jirovecii infection will be necessary to better define the specific epidemiology of the disease in the Italian populations...
- Helminth communities in eels Anguilla anguilla from Adriatic coastal lagoons in ItalyD Di Cave
, , Via di Tor Vergata 135, 00133, Roma, Italy
J Helminthol 75:7-13. 2001..The findings provide further evidence of the similarity in composition and structure of helminth communities in eels from coastal lagoons throughout Europe...
- Genetic characterization of Giardia duodenalis by sequence analysis in humans and animals in Pemba Island, TanzaniaV Di Cristanziano
Institute of Virology, University of Cologne, Fürst Pückler Str 56, 50935 Cologne, Germany Department of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via Montpellier 1, 00133 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Parasitol Int 63:438-41. 2014..Our study represents an important contribution to the epidemiological knowledge of G. duodenalis in this area of Tanzania. ..
- Detection and genotypic characterization of Giardia cysts in water samplesDavid Di Cave
Departimento di Sanità Pubblica e Biologia Cellulare, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Ig Sanita Pubbl 61:9-16. 2005..In fact, isolates showing this genotype are considered to be potential human pathogens and also have zoonotic implications...
- Intestinal helminths of Italian barbel, Barbus tyberinus (Cypriniformes: Cyprinidae), from the Tiber River and first report of Acanthocephalus clavula (Acanthocephala) in the genus BarbusClaudio De Liberato
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica e Biologia Cellulare, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 49:246-8. 2002
- Description of Bucephalus anguillae n. sp. (Trematoda: Bucephalidae), a parasite of the eel Anguilla anguilla (Anguillidae) from a brackish water lagoon of the Adriatic SeaMarta Spakulová
Parasitological Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Slovak Republic
J Parasitol 88:382-7. 2002..anguillae from populations of B. polymorphus; the combination of 4 variables, namely cirrus sac length, pharynx width, cirrus sac width, and rhynchus width yielded a total separation of compared species...