Affiliation: University of Padova
- Barzon L, Squarzon L, Militello V, Trevisan M, Porzionato A, Macchi V, et al. WU and KI polyomaviruses in the brains of HIV-positive patients with and without progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:1755-8 pubmed publisher..No specific histopathological findings were found to be associated with the presence of WUPyV and KIPyV...
- Peta E, Cappellesso R, Masi G, Sinigaglia A, Trevisan M, Grassi A, et al. Down-regulation of microRNA-146a is associated with high-risk human papillomavirus infection and epidermal growth factor receptor overexpression in penile squamous cell carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;61:33-40 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that down-regulation of miR-146a may represent another mechanism of EGFR overexpression in PSCCs, which can be mediated by high-risk HPV E6 in HPV-related tumors. ..
- Lavezzo E, Masi G, Toppo S, Franchin E, Gazzola V, Sinigaglia A, et al. Characterization of Intra-Type Variants of Oncogenic Human Papillomaviruses by Next-Generation Deep Sequencing of the E6/E7 Region. Viruses. 2016;8:79 pubmed publisher....
- Barzon L, Trevisan M, Sinigaglia A, Lavezzo E, Palu G. Zika virus: from pathogenesis to disease control. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2016;363: pubmed..These animal models have been used to evaluate candidate vaccines and promising results have been obtained. ..
- Trevisan M, Desole G, Costanzi G, Lavezzo E, Palu G, Barzon L. Reprogramming Methods Do Not Affect Gene Expression Profile of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the use of different reprogramming methods is equivalent and does not affect gene expression profile of the derived human iPSCs. ..
- Peta E, Sinigaglia A, Masi G, Di Camillo B, Grassi A, Trevisan M, et al. HPV16 E6 and E7 upregulate the histone lysine demethylase KDM2B through the c-MYC/miR-146a-5p axys. Oncogene. 2018;: pubmed publisher..E6 and, less efficiently, E7 of high-risk HPV16 up-regulated KDM2B expression in human keratinocytes through a pathway involving overexpression of c-MYC, which in turn downregulated miR-146a-5p. ..
- Barzon L, Militello V, Pagni S, Palu G. Comparison of INNO-LiPA genotyping extra and hybrid capture 2 assays for detection of carcinogenic human papillomavirus genotypes. J Clin Virol. 2012;55:256-61 pubmed publisher..A good agreement was observed between HC2 and SPF10-LiPA for carcinogenic HPV type detection, that supports further evaluation of the clinical performance of the new version of SPF10-LiPA in cervical cancer screening protocols. ..
- Barzon L, Pacenti M, Palu G. West Nile virus and kidney disease. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2013;11:479-87 pubmed publisher....
- Barzon L, Pacenti M, Franchin E, Squarzon L, Lavezzo E, Cattai M, et al. The complex epidemiological scenario of West Nile virus in Italy. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013;10:4669-89 pubmed publisher..In addition, different strains of both WNV lineage 1 and lineage 2 have been identified, even co-circulating in the same area. ..
- Barzon L, Pacenti M, Franchin E, Squarzon L, Lavezzo E, Toppo S, et al. Novel West Nile virus lineage 1a full genome sequences from human cases of infection in north-eastern Italy, 2011. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012;18:E541-4 pubmed publisher..The presence of different WNV strains in a relatively small geographical area is a novel finding with unpredictable impact on human disease that requires further investigation...
- Barzon L, Pacenti M, Masi G, Stefani A, Fincati K, Palu G. Loss of growth hormone secretagogue receptor 1a and overexpression of type 1b receptor transcripts in human adrenocortical tumors. Oncology. 2005;68:414-21 pubmed..In this regard, ghrelin inhibits cell proliferation and modulates GHS-R expression in ACC cells in vitro. ..
- Barzon L, Pacenti M, Franchin E, Pagni S, Martello T, Cattai M, et al. Excretion of West Nile virus in urine during acute infection. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:1086-92 pubmed publisher..2%]) in blood donors in whom WNV infection was identified by WNV nucleic acid amplification testing. Infectious virus was isolated from the urine of a patient with neuroinvasive disease and a high WNV RNA load in urine. ..