Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Milano-Bicocca
- Transferrin receptor 1 (TfR1) and putative stimulator of Fe transport (SFT) expression in iron deficiency and overload: an overviewDonatella Barisani
Department of Experimental and Environmental Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20052 Monza, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 29:498-505. 2002..Thus, the increased expression of both proteins only in patients with HFE-related hemochromatosis suggests that other factors should be involved in determining non-HFE-related iron overload...
- Hemochromatosis gene mutations and iron metabolism in celiac diseaseDonatella Barisani
Department of Experimental and Environmental Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20052, Monza, Milan, Italy
Haematologica 89:1299-305. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of HFE mutations and their effect on iron metabolism in Italian celiac patients at diagnosis and after a gluten-free diet...
- Hepcidin and iron-related gene expression in subjects with Dysmetabolic Hepatic Iron OverloadDonatella Barisani
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, Monza 20052, Milan, Italy
J Hepatol 49:123-33. 2008..Since the pathophysiology of Dysmetabolic Hepatic Iron Overload (DHIO) is still obscure, the aim of this study was to evaluate, in these patients, possible alterations in iron-related molecule expression...
- Hepcidin expression in iron overload diseases is variably modulated by circulating factorsGiulia Ravasi
Department of Clinical Medicine and Prevention, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e36425. 2012..HAMP mRNA expression in Huh-7 cells exposed to sera form C-Donors, HFE-HH and THAL reproduced, at lower level, the results observed in HepG2, suggesting the important but not critical role of HFE in hepcidin regulation...
- Expression of hepcidin and other iron-related genes in type 3 hemochromatosis due to a novel mutation in transferrin receptor-2Sara Pelucchi
Consortium for Human Molecular Genetics, Monza, Milan
Haematologica 94:276-9. 2009..The decreased hepatic and urinary expression of hepcidin and lack of acute response to iron challenge confirms the primary role of TFR2 in iron homeostasis...
- microRNA profiles in coeliac patients distinguish different clinical phenotypes and are modulated by gliadin peptides in primary duodenal fibroblastsValentina Vaira
Division of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 126:417-23. 2014..In conclusion, the analysis of miRNAs deserves further consideration for its potential use in the treatment and management of CD...
- IL-10 polymorphisms are associated with early-onset celiac disease and severe mucosal damage in patients of Caucasian originDonatella Barisani
Department of Experimental, Environmental Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Milan
Genet Med 8:169-74. 2006..We thus evaluated cytokine polymorphism prevalence in CD patients and population controls, and assessed the correlation between specific polymorphisms and celiacs' clinical characteristics...
- Increased p21 expression in chondrocytes of achondroplasic children independently from the presence of the G380R FGFR3 mutationAntonina Parafioriti
Pathology Department, Orthopaedic Institute Gaetano Pini, Milan, Italy
J Orthop Sci 14:623-30. 2009..The cellular mechanisms involved in the reduced growth have been mainly described for in vitro or in vivo models, but few data have been obtained for humans...
- Adaptive changes of duodenal iron transport proteins in celiac diseaseDonatella Barisani
Department of Experimental and Environmental Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, University of Milano Bicocca, 20052 Monza, Italy
Physiol Genomics 17:316-25. 2004....
- TrkA pathway activation induced by amyloid-beta (Abeta)Alessandra Bulbarelli
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza MI, Italy
Mol Cell Neurosci 40:365-73. 2009..These results have been confirmed by using pathophysiological Abeta (1-42) oligomers. Our data provide the evidence that Abeta induces the TrkA pathway activation directly by itself and indirectly promoting NGF secretion...
- Retinoic acid- and phorbol ester-induced neuronal differentiation down-regulates caveolin expression in GnRH neuronsCristina D'Orlando
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Neurochem 104:1577-87. 2008..We conclude that caveolin expression in GN11 neurons is down-regulated upon differentiation and up-regulated by estrogen receptor beta...
- Lack of haptoglobin affects iron transport across duodenum by modulating ferroportin expressionSamuele Marro
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, and Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Gastroenterology 133:1261-1271. 2007..Here, we report the analysis of iron homeostasis in haptoglobin-null mice...
- Usefulness of the organ culture system in the in vitro diagnosis of coeliac disease: a multicentre studyAntonio Picarelli
Department of Clinical Sciences, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:186-90. 2006..The objective of this study was to compare the histology and antiendomysial antibodies in culture supernatants of intestinal biopsies to validate the in vitro organ culture system as a future diagnostic tool for coeliac disease...