Affiliation: University of Padova
- A population-based study on the impact of hospitalization for pneumonia in different age groupsVincenzo Baldo
Department of Molecular Medicine, Public Health Section, University of Padua, Istituto di Igiene, Via Loredan 18, 35130 Padova, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 14:485. 2014..This retrospective study was conducted to estimate the trend of hospitalization for pneumonia in the Veneto from the records of all hospitals in the region (serving a population of 4.81 million) during the years 2004 through 2012...
- Hospitalization for diseases attributable to human papillomavirus in the Veneto Region (North-East Italy)Vincenzo Baldo
Department of Molecular Medicine, Public Health Section, Istituto di Igiene, University of Padua, via Loredan, 18, 35121 Padova, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 13:462. 2013....
- Increased rate of day surgery use for inguinal and femoral hernia repair in a decade of hospital admissions in the Veneto Region (north-east Italy): a record linkage studyMario Saia
Department of Molecular Medicine, Laboratory of Public Health and Population Studies, University of Padova, Padova, Via Loredan 18 35127 Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 13:349. 2013..This study aimed to outline the epidemiology of the procedures for repairing unilateral inguinal and femoral hernia in the Veneto Region, and to analyze the time trends and organizational appropriateness of these procedures...
- Persistence of immunity to tick-borne encephalitis after vaccination and natural infectionTatjana Baldovin
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Hygiene, University of Padua, Italy
J Med Virol 84:1274-8. 2012..In subjects aged 60 years or older, booster doses should be given every 3 years...
- Hospitalisation for rotavirus gastroenteritis in the paediatric population in the Veneto Region, ItalyMario Saia
Hospital Services, the Veneto Region, Rio Novo, Italy
BMC Public Health 10:636. 2010..The analysis was conducted in an area where rotavirus vaccination is not included into immunization programmes and is an attempt to assess the potential benefits of such introduction...
- Epidemiological aspects of biliary tree tumors in a region of northern Italy: emerging trends and sex-based differencesAnnarosa Floreani
aDepartment of Surgery, Oncology and Gastroenterology bLaboratory of Public Health and Population Studies, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Padova cNational Centre for Health and Gender Medicine, Padova, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1347-51. 2013..Epidemiological data point to an increase in the incidence of CCA in both western and eastern countries; however, data on more recent years are lacking...
- Immunogenicity of three different influenza vaccines against homologous and heterologous strains in nursing home elderly residentsVincenzo Baldo
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, Institute of Hygiene, University of Padua, Via Loredan 18, 35151 Padua, Italy
Clin Dev Immunol 2010:517198. 2010....
- Tackling inequalities: are secondary prevention therapies for reducing post-infarction mortality used without disparities?Alessandra Buja
University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Eur J Prev Cardiol 21:222-30. 2014....
- Seroepidemiology of polioviruses among university students in northern ItalyVincenzo Baldo
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Clin Vaccine Immunol 19:1292-5. 2012..Judging from our findings, it may be worth considering administering a fifth dose of polio vaccine to adolescents...
- An update review on risk factors and scales for prediction of deep sternal wound infectionsAlessandra Buja
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padua, Padua 35127, Italy
Int Wound J 9:372-86. 2012..This study provides a broad update on our knowledge of the risk factors for DSWI and the scales for prediction with a view to improving the management of infections at cardiosurgery units...
- Body art in 4,277 Italian secondary school adolescents: prevalence and associations with personal and family characteristicsLuca Cegolon
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padua, Italy
Fam Med 42:273-9. 2010..This study's purpose was to investigate, in a large cohort of adolescents, the prevalence and association of personal and family characteristics with having or considering body piercing or tattoo...
- Varicella: epidemiological aspects and vaccination coverage in the Veneto RegionVincenzo Baldo
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, Institute of Hygiene, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 9:150. 2009..To evaluate parameters at the start of the programme, we conducted a study to describe the epidemiology of varicella infection and coverage rates for varicella vaccine in the Veneto Region (North-East Italy)...