Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Efficacy of surface treatments on the bond strength of resin cements to two brands of zirconia ceramicPaolo Baldissara
Department of Prosthodontics, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Adhes Dent 15:259-67. 2013..To compare the shear bond strengths (SBS) of two cements to two Y-TZP ceramics subjected to different surface treatments...
- Translucency of zirconia copings made with different CAD/CAM systemsPaolo Baldissara
Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Department of Oral Sciences, Section of Prosthodontics, Via S Vitale 59, 40125 Bologna, Italy
J Prosthet Dent 104:6-12. 2010..Zirconia cores are reported to be less translucent than glass, lithium disilicate, or alumina cores. This could affect the esthetic appearance and the clinical choices made when using zirconia-based restorations...
- Fatigue resistance of the bond of a glass-infiltrated alumina ceramic to human dentinPaolo Baldissara
Department of Oral Science, University of Bologna, Italy
J Adhes Dent 8:97-104. 2006..To evaluate the fatigue resistance of the bond between dentin and glass-infiltrated alumina ceramic, using different luting protocols...
- Effect of root canal treatments on quartz fiber posts bonding to root dentinPaolo Baldissara
Department of Dental Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Italy
J Endod 32:985-8. 2006..However, fatigue cycles increased the occurrence of cement-dentin failures (p = 0.001). The eugenol-containing sealer reduced the bonding of fiber posts when mechanically cycled, thus the use of a resin-based sealer is advisable...
- Effect of fiber posts with different emerging diameters on the fracture strength of restored crownless teethPaolo Baldissara
Division of Prosthodontics, Department of Oral Science, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Italy
Gen Dent 59:e67-71. 2011..When restoring crownless teeth, it is advisable to use fiber posts with large emerging diameters; no additional preparation of the internal root dentin is necessary to enlarge the post diameter...
- Comparison of 2 bonding systems and survival of fiber-reinforced composite inlay fixed partial denturesCarlo Monaco
Division of Prosthetic Dentistry, Department of Oral Sciences, University of Bologna, Via S Vitale 59, 40125 Bologna, Italy
Int J Prosthodont 19:577-85. 2006....
- Fatigue resistance of restored endodontically treated teeth: a multiparametric analysisPaolo Baldissara
Department of Prosthodontics, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Italy
Int J Prosthodont 19:25-7. 2006..To evaluate the failure patterns of teeth restored with both cast metal and fiber posts after fatigue cycling...
- Effect of post length on the fatigue resistance of bovine teeth restored with bonded fiber posts: a pilot studyRoberto Scotti
Department of Oral Sciences Prosthodontics, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Int J Prosthodont 19:504-6. 2006..Taking into account the methodology and results of this study, the evaluated fiber posts can be cemented based on the ratio of crown/root at 1/1. Further clinical studies must be conducted to verify this ratio...
- Influence of artificial aging on the fracture strength and stiffness of Targis/Vectris fixed partial denturesPaolo Baldissara
Department of Dental Sciences, Section of Prosthodontics, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Italy
Quintessence Int 38:153-9. 2007..To evaluate the effect of artificial aging on the fracture strength and stiffness of fiber-reinforced composite fixed partial dentures (FPDs)...
- Use of carbon-epoxy frameworks for reinforcing provisional fixed partial denturesPaolo Baldissara
Department of Oral Sciences, Univesrity of Bologna, Italy
J Prosthet Dent 91:89-92. 2004....
- Microleakage of temporary endodontic restorations in overdenture tooth abutmentsRoberto Scotti
Section of Prosthodontics, Department of Oral Sciences, University of Bologna, Italy
Int J Prosthodont 15:479-82. 2002..The aim of this in vivo study was to evaluate the microleakage of four different provisional filling materials after a period of 1 week...
- A new method for quantitative analysis of dentinal tubulesLeonardo Ciocca
Department of Oral Science, University of Bologna, Via S Vitale 59, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Comput Biol Med 37:277-86. 2007..No statistically significant difference exists in the number of tubules and the total tubule surface area between the control and test groups...
- A systematic method for predetermined scanning electron microscope analysis in dental scienceSilvia Marchionni
Department of Oral Sciences, Laboratory of Microscopy, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Scanning 32:97-103. 2010..5% in length and 16.8% in height. With modifications to accommodate research objective and statistical requirements, the method could be applied to many SEM observation study...