Affiliation: University of Milan
- Pulmonary artery thrombosis caused by hyperinflation of the native lung six years after single lung transplantation for emphysemaAlessandro Baisi
University of Milan, Department of Surgery Thoracic Unit, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Fondazione IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:746-7. 2006
- Primary multifocal angiosarcoma of the pleuraAlessandro Baisi
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Milan, Ospedale San Paolo, 20142 Milan, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 12:1069-70. 2011..It rarely involves the respiratory system, or the pleura, and the prognosis is extremely poor. We present the case of a patient who had a primary multifocal angiosarcoma of the pleura with left-sided chest pain...
- Staging non-small lung cancer with positron emission tomography: diagnostic value, impact on patient management, and cost-effectivenessMario Nosotti
Department of Thoracic Surgery, IRCCS, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Int Surg 93:278-83. 2008..007). The PET strategy was less expensive. This study shows that PET is an economical tool in NSCLC staging (even in the European economic environment), with high accuracy and important management aspects...
- Multiple right-sided pulmonary nodules: metastatic cancer or resectable early stage tumor?Ugo Cioffi
Department of Surgery, University of Milan, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
J Cardiothorac Surg 6:105. 2011..Our report suggests that in complicated oncologic cases in which non-invasive diagnostic tools yield incongruous results surgery should be considered without delay...
- Correlation between perioperative blood transfusion and prognosis of patients subjected to surgery for stage I lung cancerMario Nosotti
Thoracic Surgery Unit, I R C C S Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Chest 124:102-7. 2003..It has been reported, but not proven, that perioperative blood transfusions have a detrimental effect on the survival of patients undergoing surgery for lung cancer...
- Muscle sparing versus posterolateral thoracotomy for pulmonary lobectomy: randomised controlled trialMario Nosotti
Thoracic Surgery and Lung Transplant Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Via Francesco Sforza, 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:415-9. 2010..004) but postoperative pulmonary function and complications were comparable. The two incisions results were very similar in the patient outcome, however, few aspects indicated the MST as the more suitable incision for pulmonary lobectomy...
- Thermal ablation in the treatment of lung cancer: present and futureAlessandro Baisi
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 43:683-6. 2013..In the case of pulmonary metastasis, most authors agree to offer TA only if lesions are smaller than 5 cm...
- Intrapericardial left pneumonectomy after induction chemotherapy: the risk of cardiac herniationAlessandro Baisi
Department of Surgery, Thoracic Unit, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 123:1206-7. 2002
- Analgesia in patients undergoing thoracotomy: epidural versus paravertebral technique. A randomized, double-blind, prospective studyFederico Raveglia
Department of Thoracic Surgery, A O San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 147:469-73. 2014..The aim of this study was to compare it with a new technique that involves placement of a catheter in the paravertebral space at the end of surgery under a surgeon's direct vision...