Affiliation: University of Sassari
- Axillary lymph node dissection in patients with breast cancer and sentinel lymph node micrometastasis or isolated tumor cells: is it necessary?Federico Attene
Department of Surgical, Microsurgical and Medical Sciences, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Tumori 98:320-3. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate the necessity of axillary lymph node dissection in patients with breast cancer and sentinel lymph node micrometastasis or isolated tumor cells...
- [The role of cervical mediastinoscopy and video assisted thoracoscopy in the diagnosis and staging of thoraco-mediastinal neoplastic diseases]Federico Attene
Istituto di Patologia Chirurgica, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 80:17-24. 2009..In this work we evaluate the role of mediastinoscopy and video-assisted thoracoscopy in the diagnosis and staging of coin lesion of the lung and of mediastinal masses...
- [Functional sequelae after low anterior rectal surgery]Carlo Pala
Istituto di Patologia Chirurgica, AOU, Sassari, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 80:193-7. 2009..In particular incontinence, constipation, obstructed defecation and urgency are some of the symptoms which define the anterior resection syndrome, which can be efficiently treated by electrostimulation and biofeedback...
- Conservative management of minor anastomotic leakage after open elective colorectal surgeryPanagiotis Paliogiannis
Department of Surgery, Microsurgery and Medical, Surgical Specialties, Institute of Surgical Pathology, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 83:25-8. 2012..The utility of prophylactic drainage in colorectal surgery is controversial. The aim of the present article is to study the role of drainage tubes on the management of minor anastomotic dehiscences...
- T2-T4 sympathectomy versus T3-T4 sympathicotomy for palmar and axillary hyperhidrosisFabrizio Scognamillo
Department of Surgical Pathology, University of Sassari, Viale San Pietro 43b, 07100, Sassari, Italy
Clin Auton Res 21:97-102. 2011..To evaluate and compare the immediate and long-term outcomes of videothoracoscopic T2-T4 sympathectomy and T3-T4 sympathicotomy for the treatment of palmar and axillary hyperhidrosis...
- [Surgical management of a voluminous abdominal paraganglioma and review of the literature]Daiana Giangrande
Istituto di Patologia Chirurgica, Universita degli Studi di Sassari
Ann Ital Chir 82:211-5. 2011..The Authors report a case of a voluminous abdominal paraganglioma and a review of the literature on the surgical management of paragangliomas...
- [In situ carcinomas of the breast: clinical features and therapeutic strategies]Federico Attene
Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Istituto di Patologia Chirurgica
Ann Ital Chir 77:3-10; discussion 10-2. 2006..Our purpose is to evaluate the different available strategies in the clinic management of DCIS and LCIS and, in case of surgical treatment, which reconstructive approach obtains satisfactory breast conformation...
- Epidemiology of thyroid cancer in an area of epidemic thyroid goiterAntonio Cossu
Department of Surgical, Microsurgical and Medical Sciences, University of Sassari, Via le San Pietro 43B, 07100 Sassari, Italy
J Cancer Epidemiol 2013:584768. 2013..Women are affected earlier than men and, therefore, suffer greater professional, economic, and social impacts. Overall mortality is low and a relative 5-year survival is excellent, especially in comparison to other malignancies...
- Correction of an end colostomy prolapse with the Delorme technique. A case reportAntonio Marrosu
Department of Surgery, Microsurgery and Medical, Surgical Specialties, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 83:567-9. 2012..We report a case of correction of an end colostomy prolapse with Delorme technique in an advanced stage oncologic patient to emphasize the clinical implications and advantages of this procedure...
- Warthin-like papillary carcinoma of the thyroid gland: case report and review of the literaturePanagiotis Paliogiannis
Department of Surgical, Microsurgical and Medical Sciences, University of Sassari, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Case Rep Oncol Med 2012:689291. 2012..Surgical and postoperative management is identical to that of classic differentiated thyroid cancer, while prognosis seems to be favourable...