Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Catecholaminergic and acetylcholine esterase containing nerves of cranial and spinal dura mater in humans and rodentsM Artico
Department of Pharmacology of Natural Molecules and General Physiology, Section of Anatomy, University of Rome, La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Microsc Res Tech 53:212-20. 2001..Our results are discussed in the light of possible implications in the physiopathology of dural algic syndromes including cephalalgia and spinal pain...
- Age-related changes in rat retinaC Cavallotti
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Rome, La Sapienza, Italy
Jpn J Ophthalmol 45:68-75. 2001..Since our data have confirmed that many changes occur in rat retina with ageing, we can hypothesize that rat retina is particularly sensitive to developmental changes and to senile decay...
- Effect of interleukin 1beta on rat thymus microenvironmentM Artico
Department of Pharmacology of Natural Molecules and General Physiology, Section of Anatomy, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Histochem 45:357-66. 2001..After chemical sympathectomy, no significant immune response was evoked by interleukin 1beta, since the majority of ANF was destroyed by chemical sympathectomy...
- Expression of neurotransmitters and neurotrophins in neurogenic inflammation of the rat retinaElena Bronzetti
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Morphological Sciences, G Ferreri University of Rome La Sapienza, Via A Borelli 50 00161 Rome Italy
Eur J Histochem 51:251-60. 2007....
- Immunohistochemical profile of some neurotransmitters and neurotrophins in the seminiferous tubules of rats treated by lonidamineM Artico
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, V Erspamer University of Rome La Sapienza, P le Aldo Moro, 5 00185 Rome, Italy
Eur J Histochem 51:19-24. 2007....
- Dopamine nerve fibres and related receptors in bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue (BALT)C Cavallotti
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences Section of Anatomy, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Ital J Anat Embryol 110:25-30. 2005..The BALT of young rats possesses a higher number of D1a and D1b receptors, while, in the old rats, these receptors are strongly reduced. The possible significance of reduced dopamine neurotransmission in BALT of aged rats is discussed...
- Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of heteroaryl diketohexenoic and diketobutanoic acids as HIV-1 integrase inhibitors endowed with antiretroviral activityR Di Santo
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Studi Farmaceutici, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, P le A Moro 5, I 00185 Rome, Italy
Farmaco 60:409-17. 2005..A number of the cited derivatives were proven potent IN inhibitors, which selectively inhibited the ST step at submicromolar concentrations and were effective against virus replication in HIV-1 infected cells...
- Expression of neurotransmitters and neurotrophins in human adenoid tissueE Bronzetti
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int J Mol Med 15:921-8. 2005....
- Diabetic rats treated by low molecular weight heparin OP 2123/parnaparin: morphological changes in the kidney and heartM Artico
Cattedra di Anatomia Umana, Dipartimento di Farmacologia delle Sostanze Naturali e Fisiologia Generale Sez di Anatomia Umana, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Diabetes Complications 18:119-25. 2004..Early morphological alterations in the rat kidney and heart due to experimentally induced diabetes are described in order to evaluate the possible therapeutic role of low molecular weight heparin (LMWH; OP 2123/parnaparin)...
- Direct demonstration of iron in a term placenta in two cases of beta-thalassemiaM Artico
Department of Pharmacology of Natural Molecules and General Physiology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Am J Hematol 75:241-2. 2004..Our results demonstrated that in beta-thalassemia there is an accumulation of iron in the outer basal cytoplasm of the epithelial cells of placental cotyledons...
- Radiological evidence of anatomical variation of the inferior vena cava: report of two casesM Artico
Section of Human Anatomy of the Department of Pharmacology of Natural Substances and General Physiology, University La Sapienza, P le Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Surg Radiol Anat 26:153-6. 2004..The embryological development of the IVC system is discussed, bearing in mind that knowledge of the different variations is important in order to avoid major surgical complications...
- Morphological changes in the sciatic nerve of diabetic rats treated with low molecular weight heparin OP 2123/parnaparinM Artico
Human Anatomy, La Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Anat Histol Embryol 31:193-7. 2002..Our results suggest a possible therapeutic role for OP 2123/parnaparin in both diabetic neuropathy and microangiopathy, frequent complications of diabetes...
- A possible role of BDNF in prostate cancer detectionE Bronzetti
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Morphological Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Oncol Rep 19:969-74. 2008..These data suggest a possible predictive role for NTs and NTRs, especially for BDNF and TrkB, in the diagnosis and/or management of prostate cancer. The absence of p75 expression confirms its supposed role in apoptotic phenomenon...
- Age-related changes of monoaminooxidases in rat cerebellar cortexF M Tranquilli Leali
Istituto di Psichiatria e Sezione di Anatomia Umana del Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiovascolari e Respiratorie dell'Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Histochem 47:81-6. 2003..The possibility that age-related changes in monoaminooxidase levels may be due to impaired energy production mechanisms and/or represent the consequence of reduced energetic needs is discussed...
- Interleukin 1beta as stimulator of the rat thymusM Artico
Department of Pharmacology of Natural Substances and General Physiology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cytokine 15:261-5. 2001..The majority of CNF are destroyed after chemical sympathectomy with 6-OH-Dopamine (DA) and remain unchanged after treatment with interleukin 1beta...
- Conjoined lumbosacral nerve roots: observations on three cases and review of the literatureM Artico
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology V. Erspamer, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Neurocirugia (Astur) 17:54-9. 2006..In fact, the accurate information derived from MRI of multiple planes may be priceless for the preoperative and diagnostic evaluation of lumbosacral nerve root anomalies...
- Structure-based design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of conformationally restricted novel 2-alkylthio-6-[1-(2,6-difluorophenyl)alkyl]-3,4-dihydro-5-alkylpyrimidin-4(3H)-ones as non-nucleoside inhibitors of HIV-1 reverse transcriptaseA Mai
Istituto Pasteur-Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Studi Farmaceutici, , P.le A. Moro 5, I-00185 Roma, Italy
J Med Chem 44:2544-54. 2001....
- Structure-activity relationship studies on new DABOS: effect of substitutions at pyrimidine C-5 and C-6 positions on anti-HIV-1 activityG Sbardella
Farmaceutici Istituto Pasteur-Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Studi Farmaceutici, , La Sapienza, Italy
Antivir Chem Chemother 12:37-50. 2001..2-Alkylthio-3,4-dihydropyrimidin-4(3H)-one derivatives of F2-S-DABO series bearing small alkyl groups at C-5 proved to be potent inhibitors of HIV-1 replication in vitro with selectivity indexes ranging from 250 to >2,500...