Affiliation: University of Perugia
- PET and PET-CT in radiation treatment planning for lung cancerCynthia Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgical, Radiological and Odontostomatological Sciences, University of Perugia, Ospedale Santa Maria della Misericordia, Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156 Perugia, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 10:571-84. 2010..In non-small-cell lung cancer, PET appears to improve sparing of organs at risk and reduce the risk of toxicity; prescribed doses can be increased. Data are scarce on small-cell lung cancer...
- Outcome of a phase II prospective study on partial breast irradiation with interstitial multi-catheter high-dose-rate brachytherapyCynthia Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, University of Perugia and Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Italy Electronic address
Radiother Oncol 108:236-41. 2013..We report the 5 year results of a phase II prospective study with PBI using interstitial multi-catheter high-dose-rate brachytherapy (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00499057)...
- Expander/implant breast reconstruction before radiotherapy: outcomes in a single-institute cohortC Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgery, Radiology and Dentistry, University of Perugia and Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156, Perugia, Italy
Strahlenther Onkol 188:1074-9. 2012..Radiotherapy (RT) of reconstructed breasts was associated with major complications and poor cosmetic outcome. The present study assessed complication rates, the link between risk factors and prosthesis removal, as well as cosmetic outcomes...
- Frequency of sister chromatid exchanges and micronuclei monitored over time in patients with early-stage breast cancer: results of an observational studyCynthia Aristei
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Policlinico Monteluce, Perugia, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 192:24-9. 2009..The increased SCE levels in patients treated with CTx may be due to a synergic effect of smoking and chemotherapy...
- Risk factors for relapse after conservative treatment in T1-T2 breast cancer with one to three positive axillary nodes: results of an observational studyC Aristei
Department of Surgical, Radiological and Odontostomatological Sciences, Radiation Oncology Section, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Ann Oncol 22:842-7. 2011....
- Radiotherapy in Italy after conservative treatment of early breast cancer. A survey by the Italian Society of Radiation Oncology (AIRO)Cynthia Aristei
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Italy
Tumori 94:333-41. 2008..Furthermore, results are compared with an earlier survey in northern Italy and international reports...
- Partial breast irradiation with interstitial high-dose-rate brachytherapy in early breast cancer: results of a phase II prospective studyC Aristei
Institute of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Ospedale Santa Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:144-50. 2009..To investigate, in a phase II prospective study, the efficacy of partial breast irradiation administered with high-dose-rate brachytherapy...
- Computed tomography for excision cavity localization and 3D-treatment planning in partial breast irradiation with high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapyCynthia Aristei
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Italy
Radiother Oncol 90:43-7. 2009..We applied image-guidance using computed tomography (CT) for pre-implant PTV definition and post-implant dosimetry...
- Conformal postoperative radiotherapy in patients with positive resection margins and/or pT3-4 prostate adenocarcinomaRita Bellavita
Institute of Radiation Oncology, General Hospital and Perugia University, Perugia, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:e299-304. 2012..To evaluate outcome and toxicity of high-dose conformal radiotherapy (RT) after radical prostatectomy...
- Central nervous system metastases in HER-2 positive metastatic breast cancer patients treated with trastuzumab: incidence, survival, and risk factorsStefania Gori
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Ospedaliera Perugia, Via Dottori 1, Perugia, Italy
Oncologist 12:766-73. 2007..A higher incidence of central nervous system (CNS) metastases in HER-2-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC) has recently been reported...
- Oxaliplatin with raltitrexed and preoperative radiotherapy in T3-T4 extraperitoneal rectal cancer. A dose finding studyMarco Lupattelli
Radiation Oncology Center, University and Hospital of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Tumori 92:474-80. 2006..The aim of the study was thus to determine the recommended dose of oxaliplatin concomitantly administered with raltitrexed and concurrent preoperative radiotherapy in patients with stage II-III extraperitoneal rectal cancer...
- In haematopoietic SCT for acute leukemia TBI impacts on relapse but not survival: results of a multicentre observational studyC Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, University of Perugia and Perugia General Hospital, Perugia, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 48:908-14. 2013..Most Centres adopted a hyperfractionated schedule that is used worldwide (12 Gy in six fractions over 3 days), which appears to have become standard. TBI doses impacted significantly upon relapse rates...
- EURECCA consensus conference highlights about rectal cancer clinical management: the radiation oncologist's expert reviewVincenzo Valentini
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cattedra di Radioterapia, Universita Cattolica S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Radiother Oncol 110:195-8. 2014..The European Registration of Cancer Care (EURECCA) drew up documents to standardize management and care in Europe and aid in decision-making...
- Gefitinib enhances the effects of combined radiotherapy and 5-fluorouracil in a colorectal cancer cell lineIsabella Palumbo
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgical, Radiological and Odontostomatological Sciences, University of Perugia, Ospedale Santa Maria della Misericordia, Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156, Perugia, Italy
Int J Colorectal Dis 29:31-41. 2014..Results were promising. To elucidate the molecular and biological effects, we replicated the schedule in the LoVo human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line...
- T1-T2 breast cancer with four or more positive axillary lymph nodes: adjuvant locoregional radiotherapy with high-dose or standard-dose chemotherapy. Results of an observational studyElisabetta Perrucci
Radiotherapy Oncology, Policlinico Hospital and University of Perugia, Italy
Tumori 90:379-86. 2004..The incidence of locoregional relapses and the survival correlated with the number of positive nodes were recorded for each treatment arm...
- Breast-conserving therapy for stage I-II breast cancer in elderly womenBruno Cutuli
Department of Radiation Oncology, Polyclinique de Courlancy, 38 rue de Courlancy, Reims 51100, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:71-6. 2004..To assess breast-conserving therapy results in elderly patients with early-stage breast cancer (clinical Stage I-II)...
- Lymphatic drainage and CTV in breast cancerLuigia Nardone
Divisione di Radioterapia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Roma, Italy
Rays 28:303-9. 2003..In a near future, IMRT should be able to markedly improve the dose homogeneity to target with consequent lower cardiopulmonary toxicity...