Affiliation: University of Sassari
- Spontaneous feline mammary intraepithelial lesions as a model for human estrogen receptor- and progesterone receptor-negative breast lesionsGiovanni P Burrai
Department of Pathology and Veterinary Clinic, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Sassari University, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:156. 2010..The purpose of this study was to characterize the histologic and molecular features of feline mammary IELs and compare them with those in women...
- Mycobacterium chelonae associated with tumor-like skin and oral masses in farmed Russian sturgeons (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii)Elisabetta Antuofermo
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Sassari, Via Vienna 2, 07100 Sassari, Italy
BMC Vet Res 10:18. 2014..Fifteen sturgeons from an Italian fish farm showing skin and oral cauliflower-like masses were investigated by histopathology, bacterial culture and molecular analyses...
- Bilateral ovarian malignant mixed Mullerian tumor in a dogE Antuofermo
Department of Pathology and Veterinary Clinic, Section of General Pathology and Anatomic Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Sassari University, Via Vienna 2, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Vet Pathol 46:453-6. 2009..Chondrocytes also expressed S-100 protein. On the basis of similarities to human ovarian MMMT, the diagnosis was heterologous malignant mixed Müllerian tumor of the ovary...
- Mammography and ultrasound imaging of preinvasive and invasive canine spontaneous mammary cancer and their similarities to human breast cancerS I Mohammed
Purdue University Center for Cancer Research, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1790-8. 2011....
- Brain renin-angiotensin system modifies the blood pressure response to intracerebroventricular cadmium in ratsMaria V Varoni
Department of Animal Biology, Division of Pharmacology, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Drug Chem Toxicol 33:302-9. 2010..These findings confirm the presence of brain RAS activation in LKR and its contribution to the central control of pressor response to cadmium ICV...
- Ovis aries Papillomavirus 3: a prototype of a novel genus in the family Papillomaviridae associated with ovine squamous cell carcinomaAlberto Alberti
Dipartimento di Patologia e Clinica Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Sassari, Via Vienna, 2, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Virology 407:352-9. 2010..Taken together, the co-occurrence of OaPV3 and tumors, its cell and tissue tropism, and its gene repertoire, suggests a role for this virus in development of sheep squamous cell carcinoma...