Affiliation: University of Milan
- Hypertonicity induces injury to cultured human endothelium: attenuation by glutamineA Parolari
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Centro Cardiologico, Fondazione I Monzino, IRCCS, University of Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 64:1770-5. 1997..Aims of this study were to evaluate the response of cultured human saphenous vein endothelial cells to extracellular hypertonicity and to investigate the role of the amino acid glutamine in preventing endothelial damage in vitro...
- Cardiopulmonary bypass and oxygen consumption: oxygen delivery and hemodynamicsA Parolari
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Milan, Centro Cardiologico, Fondazione I Monzino IRCCS, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 67:1320-7. 1999..This study was undertaken to investigate the relations between whole body oxygen consumption (VO2), oxygen delivery (DO2), and hemodynamic variables during cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Platelet function and anesthetics in cardiac surgery: an in vitro and ex vivo studyA Parolari
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Milan, Milano, Italy
Anesth Analg 89:26-31. 1999..Thus, administration of sodium thiopental may contribute to the in vivo impairment of platelet function in patients undergoing elective cardiac surgery...
- Transesophageal echocardiography as predictor of mitral valve repairM Muratori
Centro Cardiologico Fondazione I. Monzino, IRCCS, Centro di Studio per le Ricerche Cardiovascolari del CNR, Milan, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 10:65-71. 2001..TEE provides a powerful means to define the mechanisms of mitral regurgitation and to identify the suitability of patients for valvuloplasty...
- Determinants of late outcome after minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypassG Pompilio
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Centro Cardiologico Monzino, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:207-14. 2007..With this study, we retrospectively investigated the long-term determinants of survival and freedom from cardiac morbidity and revascularization in patients who underwent MIDCAB...
- Centrifugal pump and reduction of neurological risk in adult cardiac surgeryF Alamanni
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Milano, Centro Cardiologico, Fondazione I Monzino IRCCS, Italy
J Extra Corpor Technol 33:4-9. 2001..Centrifugal pump use can be helpful in reducing the occurrence of some of the most feared neurological complications of adult cardiac surgery patients...