Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Ansaldi F, Bacilieri S, Durando P, Sticchi L, Valle L, Montomoli E, et al. Cross-protection by MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccine: neutralizing and haemagglutination-inhibiting antibody activity against A(H3N2) drifted influenza viruses. Vaccine. 2008;26:1525-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, MF59-adjuvanted vaccine confers greater immunogenicity than non-adjuvanted vaccines in vulnerable populations...
- Ansaldi F, Canepa P, De Florentiis D, Bandettini R, Durando P, Icardi G. Increasing incidence of Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 19A and emergence of two vaccine escape recombinant ST695 strains in Liguria, Italy, 7 years after implementation of the 7-valent conjugated vaccine. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18:343-5 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first detection of an occurrence of capsular switching outside the United States. ..
- Tramuto F, Orsi A, Maida C, Costantino C, Trucchi C, Alicino C, et al. The Molecular Epidemiology and Evolutionary Dynamics of Influenza B Virus in Two Italian Regions during 2010-2015: The Experience of Sicily and Liguria. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:549 pubmed publisher..6% of B/Victoria clade 1 strains). D197N in 190-helix was found in almost all viruses collected. Our findings provide further evidence to support the adoption of quadrivalent influenza vaccines in our country. ..
- Ansaldi F, Trucchi C, Alicino C, Paganino C, Orsi A, Icardi G. Real-World Effectiveness and Safety of a Live-Attenuated Herpes Zoster Vaccine: A Comprehensive Review. Adv Ther. 2016;33:1094-104 pubmed publisher..Funding for the editorial assistance, article processing charges, and open access fee for this publication was provided by Sanofi Pasteur MSD. ..
- Orsi A, Ansaldi F, Trucchi C, Rosselli R, Icardi G. Pneumococcus and the Elderly in Italy: A Summary of Available Evidence Regarding Carriage, Clinical Burden of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections and On-Field Effectiveness of PCV13 Vaccination. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In this review, currently available evidence from Italy and Liguria regarding pneumococcal carriage, burden of CAP and LRTI, and on-field effectiveness of PCV13 immunization in adults and elderly will be summarized. ..
- Magurano F, Baggieri M, Filia A, Del Manso M, Lazzarotto T, Amendola A, et al. Towards measles elimination in Italy: Virological surveillance and genotypes trend (2013-2015). Virus Res. 2017;236:24-29 pubmed publisher..Sporadic cases were found belonging to genotypes D9 and H1 all over the period in exam. Similar trend has been observed in European WHO Region. ..
- Ansaldi F, Bruzzone B, Rota M, Bella A, Ciofi Degli Atti M, Durando P, et al. Hepatitis A incidence and hospital-based seroprevalence in Italy: a nation-wide study. Eur J Epidemiol. 2008;23:45-53 pubmed..In the period from 1998 to 2005, the incidence drastically decreased (average of 3.2/100,000 inhabitants), reaching a minimum of 2/100,000 inhabitants in 2005. ..
- Ansaldi F, Canepa P, Parodi V, Bacilieri S, Orsi A, Compagnino F, et al. Adjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccines and perpetual viral metamorphosis: the importance of cross-protection. Vaccine. 2009;27:3345-8 pubmed publisher..Promising results were obtained using a new generation of oil-in-water emulsion adjuvants, named AS, offering cross-protection against heterologous challenge in ferrets...
- Ansaldi F, Orsi A, Altomonte F, Bertone G, Parodi V, Carloni R, et al. Emergency department syndromic surveillance system for early detection of 5 syndromes: a pilot project in a reference teaching hospital in Genoa, Italy. J Prev Med Hyg. 2008;49:131-5 pubmed....
- Ansaldi F, De Florentiis D, Canepa P, Zancolli M, Martini M, Orsi A, et al. Carriage of Streptoccoccus pneumoniae 7 years after implementation of vaccination program in a population with very high and long-lasting coverage, Italy. Vaccine. 2012;30:2288-94 pubmed publisher....