Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- NOX2-generated oxidative stress is associated with severity of ultrasound liver steatosis in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseMaria Del Ben
Department of Public Health and Infectious Disease, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 14:81. 2014..The aim was to assess the relationship between urinary 8-iso-prostaglandin F2α and serum soluble NOX2-derived peptide and the severity of liver steatosis in subjects with non-alcoholic fatty liver...
- Oxidative stress mediated arterial dysfunction in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea and the effect of continuous positive airway pressure treatmentMaria Del Ben
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialities, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
BMC Pulm Med 12:36. 2012..We assessed the association between OSAS, endothelial dysfunction and oxidative stress. Further aim was to evaluate the effect of nasal continuous positive airway pressure (nCPAP) on oxidative stress and arterial dysfunction...
- Weight loss is associated with improved endothelial dysfunction via NOX2-generated oxidative stress down-regulation in patients with the metabolic syndromeFrancesco Angelico
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Specialita Mediche, La Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 7:219-27. 2012..The coexistent decrease of NOX2 activation suggests a role for oxidative stress in eliciting artery dysfunction...
- Clinical trial: low plasma cholesterol and oxidative stress predict rapid virological response to standard therapy with peginterferon and ribavirin in HCV patientsF Angelico
Department of Experimental Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine C, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 30:444-51. 2009..Rapid virological response (RVR) is the best predictor of sustained response to standard HCV treatment...
- Recurrence of insulin resistant metabolic syndrome following liver transplantationFrancesco Angelico
Department of Clinical and Applied Medical Therapy, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:99-102. 2003..We also stress the need for careful management of the metabolic syndrome in order to decrease the long-term risk for cardiovascular disease...
- Insulin resistance, the metabolic syndrome, and nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseF Angelico
IV Division of Internal Medicine, Policlinico Umberto 1, Via Antonio Nibby 8, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1578-82. 2005..An association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease with the insulin-resistant metabolic syndrome has been suggested. The aim of the study was to assess the association of fatty liver to different degrees of insulin resistance and secretion...
- Attitudes and approach to cardiovascular risk factors in Italy: results of an electronic questionnaire surveyFrancesco Angelico
Dipartimento di Clinica e Terapia Medica Applicata, Universita La Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy
Public Health 117:242-9. 2003....
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver syndrome: a hepatic consequence of common metabolic diseasesFrancesco Angelico
Department of Clinics and Applied Medical Therapy, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:588-94. 2003..The association of liver steatosis with a number of common metabolic conditions has been suggested. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the clinical features of subjects with different severities of steatosis...
- Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome and the metabolic syndrome in an internal medicine settingFrancesco Angelico
Department of Experimental Medicine, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Intern Med 21:191-5. 2010..Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS) is widely accepted as a cardiovascular risk factor. Lately it has been considered in turn as both a component and one of the causes of the metabolic syndrome (MS)...
- Strong association between non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and low 25(OH) vitamin D levels in an adult population with normal serum liver enzymesIlaria Barchetta
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
BMC Med 9:85. 2011..Aim of our study was to test the hypothesis of a direct association between hypovitaminosis D and the presence of NAFLD in subjects with various degree of insulin-resistance and related metabolic disorders...
- Obesity and hypercholesterolemia are associated with NOX2 generated oxidative stress and arterial dysfunctionLorenzo Loffredo
I Clinica Medica, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
J Pediatr 161:1004-9. 2012..To analyze the interplay among oxidative stress, NOX2, the catalytic core of nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase, and endothelial dysfunction in children with obesity and/or hypercholesterolemia...
- Reduced atherosclerotic burden in subjects with genetically determined low oxidative stressFrancesco Violi
Clinica Medica I, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:406-12. 2013..We hypothesized that a reduced activity of NADPH oxidase might be linked to a reduced atherosclerotic burden...
- NOX2 up-regulation is associated with artery dysfunction in patients with peripheral artery diseaseLorenzo Loffredo
I Clinica Medica, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Int J Cardiol 165:184-92. 2013..We evaluated whether NOX2, the catalytic core of NADPH oxidase, the most important producer of reactive oxidant species (ROS), is implicated in impairing FMD...
- Platelet isoprostane overproduction in diabetic patients treated with aspirinRoberto Cangemi
I Clinica Medica, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Diabetes 61:1626-32. 2012....
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and cardiovascular disease: epidemiological, clinical and pathophysiological evidencesMaria Del Ben
I Clinica Medica, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Specialita Mediche, La Sapienza Universita di Roma, Policlinico Umberto I, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161, Rome, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 7:S291-6. 2012..Genetic studies will probably improve the interpretation of the increased cardiovascular risk in patients with fatty liver and no metabolic syndrome...
- Peginterferon alpha-2a and ribavirin versus peginterferon alpha-2a monotherapy in early virological responders and peginterferon alpha-2a and ribavirin versus peginterferon alpha-2a, ribavirin and amantadine triple therapy in early virological nonrespondeMario Angelico
Hepatology Unit, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:680-7. 2008....
- Oxidative stress-mediated arterial dysfunction in patients with metabolic syndrome: Effect of ascorbic acidRoberto Cangemi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Pathology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome 00161, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 43:853-9. 2007..67; p<0.01). The present study shows that arterial dilatation is impaired and that enhanced oxidative stress may play a key role in patients with MS...
- Relation of nonalcoholic Fatty liver disease and framingham risk score to flow-mediated dilation in patients with cardiometabolic risk factorsDaniele Pastori
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy Department of Anatomical, Histological, Forensic Medicine and Orthopedics Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Am J Cardiol 115:1402-6. 2015..At multivariate regression analysis, both FRS (β, -0.129; p = 0.016) and NAFLD (β, -0.218; p <0.001) were variables independently associated with FMD. In conclusion, the presence of NAFLD and FRS inversely correlated with FMD. ..
- Upstream therapy with statin and recurrence of atrial fibrillation after electrical cardioversion. Review of the literature and meta-analysisLorenzo Loffredo
Clinica Medica, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale del Policlinico 155, Rome, 00161, Italy
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:107. 2012..Several trials analyzed the effects of statins to reduce the recurrences in AF with contradictory results...
- NADPH oxidase-mediated platelet isoprostane over-production in cirrhotic patients: implication for platelet activationStefania Basili
Divisione I Clinica Medica, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Specialita Mediche, Sapienza, University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Liver Int 31:1533-40. 2011....
- Large size, villous content and distal location are associated with severe dysplasia in colorectal adenomasAndrea Giuliani
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, University La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Viale Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 26:3717-22. 2006..The subject-related and adenoma-related risk factors for severely dysplastic lesions were further investigated...
- Gastric cancer precursor lesions and Helicobacter pylori infection in patients with partial gastrectomy for peptic ulcerAndrea Giuliani
Department of Surgery P Valdoni, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
World J Surg 29:1127-30. 2005..pylori-positive patients than in H. pylori-negative ones (19.6% vs. 4.6%). We concluded that H. pylori infection may play a causal role in the development of gastric lesions in the operated stomach...
- Modern approach to the clinical management of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseMaria Del Ben
Maria Del Ben, Licia Polimeni, Francesco Baratta, Daniele Pastori, Lorenzo Loffredo, Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialities, 00161 Rome, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 20:8341-50. 2014..The purpose of this review is to examine different approaches for the clinical management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease...
- Bleeding and thrombosis in cirrhotic patients: what really matters?Domenico Ferro
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Specialita Mediche, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 44:275-9. 2012....
- WITHDRAWN: Drugs improving insulin resistance for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and/or non-alcoholic steatohepatitisFrancesco Angelico
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Patologia, IV Divisione di Clinica Medica Policlinico Umberto 1, Centro per l Atero trombosi, Universita La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico 155, Rome, Italy, 00161
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 4:CD005166. 2013..It is suspected in persons with elevated aminotransferase levels and features of insulin resistance (or metabolic) syndrome. The pathogenesis of NAFLD is not clear and there is no universal treatment...
- Liver vitamin D receptor, CYP2R1, and CYP27A1 expression: relationship with liver histology and vitamin D3 levels in patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis or hepatitis C virusIlaria Barchetta
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Hepatology 56:2180-7. 2012..009) and low VDR expression in hepatocytes (P < 0.03)...
- Congenital analbuminemia attributable to compound heterozygosity for novel mutations in the albumin geneFilomena Campagna
Department of Clinical and Applied Medical Therapy, University of Rome, La Sapienza, Italy
Clin Chem 51:1256-8. 2005
- Is desmoplasia a protective factor for survival in patients with colorectal carcinoma?Alessandro Caporale
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:370-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of desmoplastic response on long-term survival of patients who underwent radical resection for colorectal carcinoma...