Emilio Paolo Alessandrino
Affiliation: University of Pavia
- Reduced-intensity conditioning regimen with thiotepa and fludarabine followed by allogeneic blood stem cell transplantation in haematological malignanciesE P Alessandrino
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Division of Haematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Viale Golgi N 19, Pavia 27100, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:1039-45. 2004..In total, 12 patients remain in complete remission (median follow-up: 786 days). The 3-year overall survival probability was 58%. We conclude that this regimen is feasible and well tolerated...
- Prognostic impact of pre-transplantation transfusion history and secondary iron overload in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplantation: a GITMO studyEmilio Paolo Alessandrino
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Pavia, Fondazione Policlinico San Matteo, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 95:476-84. 2010..Secondary iron overload may concur to this effect. The relative impact of these factors on the outcome of patients with myelodysplastic syndrome receiving allogeneic stem-cell transplantation remains to be clarified...
- Thiotepa and fludarabine (TT-FLUDA) as conditioning regimen in poor candidates for conventional allogeneic hemopoietic stem cell transplantE P Alessandrino
Centro Trapianti di Midollo Osseo, Istituto di Ematologia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Ann Hematol 80:521-4. 2001..TT-FLUDA seems to be well tolerated, allowing engraftment and stable donor chimerism in patients who are poor candidates for conventional conditioning regimens...
- WHO classification and WPSS predict posttransplantation outcome in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome: a study from the Gruppo Italiano Trapianto di Midollo Osseo (GITMO)Emilio Paolo Alessandrino
Division of Hematology, University of Pavia, Fondazione Policlinico San Matteo, Istituti di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Blood 112:895-902. 2008..013 and P = .031, respectively). In these patients, WPSS identified 2 groups with different OS and TRM. These data suggest that WHO classification and WPSS have a relevant prognostic value in posttransplantation outcome of MDS patients...
- Immunochemotherapy with in vivo purging and autotransplant induces long clinical and molecular remission in advanced relapsed and refractory follicular lymphomaL Arcaini
Division of Hematology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia
Ann Oncol 19:1331-5. 2008..To evaluate the clinical outcome of patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma treated with immunochemotherapy, in vivo purging and high-dose therapy with autotransplant...
- Molecular epidemiology of KI and WU polyomaviruses in infants with acute respiratory disease and in adult hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsMaurizia Debiaggi
Department of Morphological and Clinical Sciences, Section of Microbiology, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Med Virol 82:153-6. 2010..The results suggest that WU/KIPyVs have a limited circulation in Italy and a low pathogenic potential in young children. Brief and asymptomatic infection can occur in hematopoietic transplant recipients...
- A model of in vivo purging with Rituximab and high-dose AraC in follicular and mantle cell lymphomaL Arcaini
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:175-9. 2004..Immunochemotherapy prior to mobilization produces B-cell depletion and seems to be a useful preparative step...
- Human cytomegalovirus-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell reconstitution in adult allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients and immune control of viral infectionDaniele Lilleri
Servizio di Virologia, Fondazione Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 93:248-56. 2008..We investigated the development of human cytomegalovirus-specific T cells in adult recipients of hematopoietic stem cell transplants...
- Limited feasibility of double transplant in multiple myeloma: results of a multicenter study on 153 patients aged <65 yearsAlessandro Corso
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Fondazione Policlinico San Matteo University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Cancer 109:2273-8. 2007..The current study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and the feasibility of a front-line double transplant program in young MM patients...
- The VAD-DCEP sequence is an effective pre-transplant therapy in untreated multiple myelomaAlessandro Corso
The Division of Hematology from IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo University of Pavia, Ospedale Niguarda Milano, Italy
Haematologica 89:1124-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of a new regimen and compare it with that of a previous regimen...
- Validation of a DNAemia cutoff for preemptive therapy of cytomegalovirus infection in adult hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsG Gerna
Servizio di Virologia, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:873-9. 2008..In conclusion, our study shows that the use of a cutoff significantly reduces the number of patients requiring antiviral treatment, thus sparing unnecessary drug administration...
- N-acetylcysteine in the treatment of steroid-resistant acute graft-versus-host-disease: preliminary results. Gruppo Italiano Trapianto di Midollo Osseo (GITMO)A A Colombo
Istituto di Ematologia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Transplantation 68:1414-6. 1999..N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is an antioxidant that inhibits the B7-1/CD28 expression in vitro, and it may contrabalance the effects of free radicals and oxidative stress; it has been tested in eight patients with steroid-resistant acute GVHD...
- Consolidation treatment with autologous peripheral blood progenitor cell transplantation in acute myeloid leukemia: a single center experienceC Castagnola
Divisione di Ematologia, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Istituto di Ematologia, Universita degli Studi di Pavia, Italy
Ann Hematol 80:267-71. 2001..Randomized studies should be performed to evaluate whether this form of consolidation may produce a significant improvement in leukemia-free survival...
- DCEP (dexamethasone, cyclophosphamide, etoposide, and cisplatin) is an effective regimen for peripheral blood stem cell collection in multiple myelomaM Lazzarino
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, University of Pavia, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:835-9. 2001..These properties render DCEP a useful regimen for the debulking and mobilization phase of high-dose programs for multiple myeloma...
- A sequence of immuno-chemotherapy with Rituximab, mobilization of in vivo purged stem cells, high-dose chemotherapy and autotransplant is an effective and non-toxic treatment for advanced follicular and mantle cell lymphomaM Lazzarino
Division of Hematology, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Br J Haematol 116:229-35. 2002..It permits rapid attainment of clinical and molecular response and enables the harvest of lymphoma-free peripheral blood progenitor cells even in heavily pretreated patients with relapsed or refractory disease...
- Differential outcome of neurological HCMV infection in two hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsAnna Amelia Colombo
Struttura Semplice Virologia Molecolare, Struttura Complessa Virologia e Microbiologia, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 12:238. 2012..abstract:..
- Rising antigenemia levels may be misleading in pre-emptive therapy of human cytomegalovirus infection in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsGiuseppe Gerna
Servizio di Virologia, Oncoematologia Pediatrica, and Centro Trapianti di Midollo Osseo, Divisione di Ematologia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 90:526-33. 2005..This raises some doubts about the therapeutic decisions to be taken...
- Persistent symptomless human metapneumovirus infection in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsMaurizia Debiaggi
Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologiche, Eidologiche e Cliniche, Sezione di Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, via Brambilla, 74, 27100, Pavia, Italy
J Infect Dis 194:474-8. 2006..The data indicate that HSCT recipients may frequently develop symptomless hMPV infection...
- Incidence of human cytomegalovirus infection in patients with refractory solid tumors receiving nonmyeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplants versus recipients of standard SCT for hematologic malignanciesA Zambelli
U O Oncologia Medica I, IRCCS, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Pavia, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:423-8. 2005..001) and earlier ( P = .001) than in NST patients. Patients affected with solid tumors undergoing NST had a reduced and delayed incidence of HCMV active infection...
- Flexural erythematous eruption following autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: a study of four casesV Brazzelli
Department of Human and Hereditary Pathology, Institute of Dermatology and Institute of Haematology, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Piazzale Golgi 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Br J Dermatol 145:490-5. 2001....
- Evidence- and consensus-based practice guidelines for the therapy of primary myelodysplastic syndromes. A statement from the Italian Society of HematologyEmilio Paolo Alessandrino
Divisione di Ematologia, IRCCS Policlinico S. Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 87:1286-306. 2002..INTERPRETATION AND CONCLUSIONS: Using evidence and consensus, recommendations for the treatment of MDS were issued. Statements were graded according to the strength of the supporting evidence and uncertainty was explicitly declared...
- Hepatitis reactivation and liver failure in haemopoietic stem cell transplants for hepatitis B virus (HBV)/hepatitis C virus (HCV) positive recipients: a retrospective study by the Italian group for blood and marrow transplantationA Locasciulli
Ematologia e Trapianto di Midollo, Ospedale S Camillo-Forlanoini, Rome, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:295-300. 2003..Our results indicate that HBV and HCV infection should not be taken as an absolute contraindication for HSCT and the risk of life-threatening liver complications are similar after allogeneic or autologous transplants...
- Mycobacterial infection: a difficult and late diagnosis in stem cell transplant recipientsC Cordonnier
Department of Hematology, Henri Mondor Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:1229-36. 2004..Because of the increased numbers of unmatched donors and transplantation programs in countries with a high prevalence of tuberculosis, constant vigilance is required to early detect MBI in SCT recipients...