G F Adami
Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Binge eating in obesityG F Adami
Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica I, Universita di Genova, Italy
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 20:793-4. 1996..To investigate the influence of dieting and of body shape dissatisfaction on binge eating...
- Body image in binge eating disorderG F Adami
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche e Metodologie Integrate, Facolta di Medicina, Universita di Genova, Genoa, Italy
Obes Surg 8:517-9. 1998..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the impairment of body image in patients with binge eating disorder (BED)...
- The influence of body weight on food and shape attitudes in severely obese patientsG F Adami
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche e Metodologie Integrate, Universita di Genova, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 8, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:S56-9. 2001..Cognitive restraint, binge eating, night eating, body image disparagement and shape overconcern describe the food and weight related attitudes of obese patients...
- Body image in obese patients before and after stable weight reduction following bariatric surgeryG F Adami
Dipartimento di Chirugia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Genova, Italy
J Psychosom Res 46:275-81. 1999..In the obese patients, some aspects of body image alterations are substantially accounted for by overweight status; other aspects reflect inner feelings, which are partially independent of the actual body weight and shape...
- Alexithymia and body weight in obese patientsG F Adami
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche, Facolta di Medicina, Universita di Genova, Genova, Italy
Behav Med 27:121-6. 2001..However, they suggest that the improvement in food-related and weight-related attitudes following stable weight loss may be different in alexithymic and in nonalexithymic obese patients...
- Metabolic syndrome in severely obese patientsG F Adami
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche, Universita di Genova, Genova, Italy
Obes Surg 11:543-5. 2001..The authors assessed the prevalence of diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia and metabolic syndrome in patients with a high degree of obesity...
- Satiety after vertical banded gastroplastyG Camerini
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche e Metodologie Integrate, Universita di Genova, Italy
Eat Weight Disord 8:80-3. 2003..These findings suggest that cognitive factors play a substantial role in determining food intake and therefore in achieving weight goals following gastric restriction...
- Serum leptin concentration in obese patients with binge eating disorderG F Adami
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche e Metodologie Integrate, Universita di Genova, Genova, Italy
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1125-8. 2002....
- Leptin and HDL-cholesterol in non-diabetic normotensive subjectsG M Marinari
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche e Metodologie Integrate, , Italy
Obes Surg 11:252-3. 2001..CONCLUSION: The findings suggest that serum leptin concentration is completely independent of lipid metabolism...
- Long-term normalization of insulin sensitivity following biliopancreatic diversion for obesityG F Adami
Department of Surgery, University of Genoa School of Medicine, Genoa, Italy
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:671-3. 2004..Assess insulin sensitivity and metabolic status of obese patients with stable weight loss at long term following biliopancreatic diversion (BPD)...
- Enteral nutrition following total laryngectomyG F Adami
Istituto di Patologia Chirurgica, University of Genoa, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 47:455-8. 1993..Furthermore, the postoperative infection rate, the number of days with fever and the length of antibioticotherapy were higher than those observed in patients fed with full liquid mixtures...
- Failure of preoperative resting energy expenditure in predicting weight loss after gastroplastyG Camerini
Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche, , , Italy
Obes Res 9:589-91. 2001....
- Relationships of serum leptin to body composition and resting energy expenditureA Campostano
Divisione di Medicina I, , Italy
Horm Metab Res 30:646-7. 1998..This suggests that serum leptin concentration would represent an index of adiposity and poorly reflects energy metabolism...
- Colorectal cancer after biliopancreatic diversion for obesityG F Adami
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:1864. 2007