Andrea M A Vianello
Affiliation: Unit of Pneumology and Allergology
- Management of tracheal intubation in the respiratory intensive care unit by pulmonary physiciansAndrea M A Vianello
Unita operativa Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Respir Care 52:26-30. 2007..In Italy, tracheal intubation is not included as part of the training in respiratory medicine, and pulmonary physicians are usually dissuaded from managing intubations...
- Pneumothorax associated with long-term non-invasive positive pressure ventilation in Duchenne muscular dystrophyAndrea Vianello
Unità di Terapia Semi Intensiva Respiratoria, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Padova, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 14:353-5. 2004..Given the wide scale utilization of chronic NPPV, we suggest that care-givers and patients be made aware of this serious complication...
- Tracheoinnominate fistula in a Duchenne muscular dystrophy patient: successful management with an endovascular stentAndrea Vianello
U O Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Via Giustiniani, 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 15:569-71. 2005....
- Survival and quality of life after tracheostomy for acute respiratory failure in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAndrea Vianello
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, City Hospital of Padova, Padova 35128, Italy
J Crit Care 26:329.e7-14. 2011..In our study, we investigated postdischarge survival and quality of life (QoL) after tracheostomy for ARF in patients with ALS...
- Prevention of extubation failure in high-risk patients with neuromuscular diseaseAndrea Vianello
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, City Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Crit Care 26:517-24. 2011..In our study, we prospectively investigated the efficacy of early application of noninvasive ventilation (NIV) combined with assisted coughing as an intervention aimed at preventing extubation failure in patients with NMD...