Andrea M A Vianello
Affiliation: Unit of Pneumology and Allergology
- Management of tracheal intubation in the respiratory intensive care unit by pulmonary physiciansAndrea M A Vianello
Unita operativa Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Respir Care 52:26-30. 2007..In Italy, tracheal intubation is not included as part of the training in respiratory medicine, and pulmonary physicians are usually dissuaded from managing intubations...
- Noninvasive ventilation in the event of acute respiratory failure in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisAndrea Vianello
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, City Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy Electronic address
J Crit Care 29:562-7. 2014..This study aimed to retrospectively investigate the clinical status and outcomes in IPF patients receiving NIV for ARF and to identify those clinical and laboratory characteristics, which could be considered risk factors for its failure...
- Enzyme replacement therapy improves respiratory outcomes in patients with late-onset type II glycogenosis and high ventilator dependencyAndrea Vianello
Respiratory Pathophysiology Division, University City Hospital of Padova, Padua, Italy
Lung 191:537-44. 2013..The long-term efficacy of ERT in late-onset GSGII complicated by severe pulmonary impairment causing high mechanical ventilation dependency was investigated in this study...
- Pneumothorax associated with long-term non-invasive positive pressure ventilation in Duchenne muscular dystrophyAndrea Vianello
Unità di Terapia Semi Intensiva Respiratoria, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Padova, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 14:353-5. 2004..Given the wide scale utilization of chronic NPPV, we suggest that care-givers and patients be made aware of this serious complication...
- Tracheoinnominate fistula in a Duchenne muscular dystrophy patient: successful management with an endovascular stentAndrea Vianello
U O Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Via Giustiniani, 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 15:569-71. 2005....
- Survival and quality of life after tracheostomy for acute respiratory failure in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAndrea Vianello
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, City Hospital of Padova, Padova 35128, Italy
J Crit Care 26:329.e7-14. 2011..In our study, we investigated postdischarge survival and quality of life (QoL) after tracheostomy for ARF in patients with ALS...
- Prevention of extubation failure in high-risk patients with neuromuscular diseaseAndrea Vianello
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, City Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Crit Care 26:517-24. 2011..In our study, we prospectively investigated the efficacy of early application of noninvasive ventilation (NIV) combined with assisted coughing as an intervention aimed at preventing extubation failure in patients with NMD...