- Prognostic factors in stroke rehabilitation: the possible role of pharmacological treatmentE Troisi
Fondazione S Lucia IRCCS, S Lucia, Rome, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 105:100-6. 2002..The aim of the present study was to determine the impact of commonly used and potentially detrimental drugs on rehabilitation results and to clarify their role as prognostic factors...
- Emotional processing in Parkinson's disease. A study using functional transcranial doppler sonographyE Troisi
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Roma, Italy
J Neurol 249:993-1000. 2002..These findings show the possibility of obtaining specific functional information from bilateral transcranial Doppler and suggest the selective and specific deficit of PD patients in emotional processing...
- Mobility status after inpatient stroke rehabilitation: 1-year follow-up and prognostic factorsS Paolucci
Fondazione IRCCS Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 82:2-8. 2001..To evaluate the stability of mobility status achieved by stroke patients during hospital rehabilitation treatment over time and to identify reliable prognostic factors associated with mobility changes...
- Functional transcranial Doppler assessment of cerebral blood flow velocities changes during attention tasksM Matteis
IRCCS S Lucia, Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurol 16:81-7. 2009..Aim of our study was to evaluate cerebral hemodynamic changes during performance of attention tasks and to correlate them with reaction time (RT) and percentage of right answers...
- Impaired cerebral vasoreactivity and risk of stroke in patients with asymptomatic carotid artery stenosisM Silvestrini
Clinica Neurologica, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Ospedale S Eugenio, Rome, Italy
JAMA 283:2122-7. 2000..However, preliminary evidence suggests that an alteration in cerebral hemodynamic function may play a relevant role in the occurrence of stroke in patients with carotid artery disease...
- Post-stroke depression, antidepressant treatment and rehabilitation results. A case-control studyS Paolucci
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cerebrovasc Dis 12:264-71. 2001..Our results confirm the unfavorable influence of PSD on functional outcome, despite pharmacological treatment...
- Prognostic factors in multidisciplinary rehabilitation treatment in multiple sclerosis: an outcome studyM G Grasso
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Mult Scler 11:719-24. 2005..05-5.33) of improvement on RMI. The results of this study provide further evidence that intensive multidisciplinary rehabilitation in MS is effective in the majority of MS patients and that early treatment may favour functional recovery...
- Prognostic factors in multiple sclerosis rehabilitationM G Grasso
Santa Lucia Foundation IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 45:47-51. 2009..The aim of our study was to evaluate the effectiveness of inpatient multidisciplinary rehabilitation treatment in multiple sclerosis (MS) and identify reliable prognostic factors...
- Effect of collateral blood flow and cerebral vasomotor reactivity on the outcome of carotid artery occlusionF Vernieri
AFaR, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Ospedale Fatebenefratelli, Isola Tiberina, Roma, Italy
Stroke 32:1552-8. 2001....
- Cerebral blood flow velocity changes during meaningful and meaningless gestures--a functional transcranial Doppler studyM Matteis
IRCCS S Lucia, and Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Eur J Neurol 13:24-9. 2006..These findings suggest that the content of an action can influence MFV changes and further confirm the usefulness of transcranial Doppler in neuropsychological investigation...
- Pain in multiple sclerosis: a clinical and instrumental approachM G Grasso
Santa Lucia Foundation, IRCCS Rome, Italy
Mult Scler 14:506-13. 2008..In this study we assess the frequency and intensity of pain, as well as its impact on the quality of life and activities of daily living, in a sample of MS patients...
- Changes in cerebral blood flow induced by passive and active elbow and hand movementsM Matteis
J Neurol 248:104-8. 2001..This type of application deserves further attention in the study of cerebral functional changes following cerebral lesions...
- Cerebrovascular reactivity in migraine with and without auraM Silvestrini
Clinic of Neurology, Tor Vergata" University of Rome, Italy
Headache 36:37-40. 1996..Further studies with transcranial Doppler considering all intracranial vessels and the comparison with other techniques of flow investigation with better regional resolution are needed to confirm these data...