Affiliation: Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine
- TRIM/RBCC, a novel class of 'single protein RING finger' E3 ubiquitin ligasesGermana Meroni
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine TIGEM, Naples, Italy
Bioessays 27:1147-57. 2005..Here, we review recent data indicating that some TRIM/RBCC proteins are implicated in ubiquitination and propose that this large protein family represents a novel class of 'single protein RING finger' ubiquitin E3 ligases...
- Williams-Beuren syndrome TRIM50 encodes an E3 ubiquitin ligaseLucia Micale
Medical Genetics Unit, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 16:1038-49. 2008....
- Genomic analysis of the TRIM family reveals two groups of genes with distinct evolutionary propertiesMarco Sardiello
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P, Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
BMC Evol Biol 8:225. 2008..TRIM genes are involved in ubiquitylation and are implicated in a variety of human pathologies, from Mendelian inherited disorders to cancer, and are also involved in cellular response to viral infection...
- Mig12, a novel Opitz syndrome gene product partner, is expressed in the embryonic ventral midline and co-operates with Mid1 to bundle and stabilize microtubulesCaterina Berti
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, 80131 Naples, Italy
BMC Cell Biol 5:9. 2004..Mid1 acts as an E3 ubiquitin ligase, regulating PP2A degradation on microtubules...
- TRIM9 is specifically expressed in the embryonic and adult nervous systemCaterina Berti
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino, 111, 80131, Naples, Italy
Mech Dev 113:159-62. 2002..In adult brain, TRIM9 is detected in the Purkinje cells of the cerebellum, in the hippocampus, and in the cortex...
- Molecular and biochemical characterisation of a novel sulphatase gene: Arylsulfatase G (ARSG)Paola Ferrante
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 10:813-8. 2002..Further studies are needed to characterise the function of Arylsulfatase G, possibly revealing a novel metabolic pathway...
- BTBD1 and BTBD2 colocalize to cytoplasmic bodies with the RBCC/tripartite motif protein, TRIM5deltaLixin Xu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Exp Cell Res 288:84-93. 2003..Thus, four protein modules found on each of these putative ubiquitin ligases, a RING, a B-box and two PHR repeats, are present on BTBD1/2 and TRIM5delta that are colocalized to cytoplasmic bodies...
- Identification and biochemical characterization of an avian sulfatase homologous to the human ARSE, the gene for X-linked chondrodysplasia punctataPaola Ferrante
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine c o Area della Ricerca del CNR, Via P Castellino 111, Naples 80131, Italy
Gene 336:155-61. 2004..The identification of the ARSE chicken gene is an important step for the study of its natural substrate and its role during development...
- Molecular classification of nodal metastasis in primary larynx squamous cell carcinomaFrancesco Carinci
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Transl Res 150:233-45. 2007..This large-scale gene expression analysis in LSCC provides information on changes in genomic activity associated with lymphonodal metastasis and identifies molecules that might prove useful as novel therapeutic targets...