- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) in 15 dogs and cats with specific biochemical and microbiological anomaliesW Tarello
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 24:165-85. 2001..Micrococci disappeared from the blood at post-treatment controls made 10-30 days later. The outcomes were compared with those of five healthy controls and five 'sick with other illness' patients showing significant difference...
- Dermatitis associated with Dirofilaria (Nochtiella) repens microfilariae in dogs from central ItalyW Tarello
Acta Vet Hung 50:63-78. 2002..The main conclusion of the study is that D. repens infection can be more pathogenic than is currently considered, and it is apparently an opportunistic disease with serious dermatological consequences...
- A possible relationship between bumblefoot responsive to potassium arsenite and micrococci in the blood of three birds of preyW Tarello
Clinica Veterinaria Airone of Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Italy
Acta Vet Hung 50:143-50. 2002..A number of considerations are made on the immune dysfunction aspects of bumblefoot in birds of prey and on the emerging role of arsenic-based medicaments in the treatment of animal and human immune dysfunction syndromes...
- Cutaneous lesions in dogs with Dirofilaria (Nochtiella) repens infestation and concurrent tick-borne transmitted diseasesWalter Tarello
Centro Veterinario Alessandrino, via Amendola 1, Alessandria, Italy
Vet Dermatol 13:267-74. 2002..Furthermore, it has a zoonotic importance as human cases have been reported worldwide...
- Dermatitis associated with Dirofilaria repens microfilariae in a dog from RomeWalter Tarello
Vet J 165:175-7. 2003
- Chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome associated with Staphylococcus spp. bacteraemia responsive to thiacetarsamide sodium in eight birds of preyW Tarello
Heron Veterinary Clinics of Nus Aosta and Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Italy
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 48:267-81. 2001..Two of five blood cultures were positive for Staphylococcus spp. (S. intermedius and S. xilosus). Consideration is given to the pharmacological activity of an arsenic-based drug in animal illnesses resembling CFIDS...
- Chronic fatigue syndrome in horses: diagnosis and treatment of 4 casesW Tarello
Veterinary Surgeon, Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Italy
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 24:57-70. 2001..Considerations are made on the possible action of an arsenical drug, used in isolation, in the treatment of CFS...
- Halitosis in association with canine hepatozoonosisW Tarello
Heron Veterinary Clinic, Castiglione del Lago, Perugia, Italy
Vet Rec 158:205-6. 2006
- Lymphoid leukaemia in a saker falconWalter Tarello
Vet Rec 158:212. 2006
- Fatal Haemoproteus psittaci infection in an African grey parrotWalter Tarello
Vet Rec 157:32. 2005
- Treatment of Haemoproteus tinnunculi in falconsTim Shaw
Vet Rec 161:360. 2007
- Prevalence and clinical signs of avipoxvirus infection in falcons from the Middle EastWalter Tarello
Studio Veterinario Spina, CP 1644, 06129 Perugia, Italy
Vet Dermatol 19:101-4. 2008..4%). Foot lesions were always present in birds with multiple infection sites. Some birds from Dubai had severe infection associated with weight loss, anorexia, lethargy, vomiting, central nervous system involvement and ultimately death...