- Aqueous flare and choroidal thickness in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a pilot studyErnesto Strobbe
Ophthalmology Unit, Department of Experimental, Diagnostic, and Specialty Medicine, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Ophthalmology 120:2258-63. 2013....
- Effectiveness of palmitoylethanolamide on endothelial dysfunction in ocular hypertensive patients: a randomized, placebo-controlled cross-over studyErnesto Strobbe
Department of Surgery Science and Anesthesiology, Ophthalmology Unit, University of Bologna, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:968-73. 2013..We assessed the effect of palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) on systemic endothelial function in ocular hypertensive patients (OH)...
- Multifocal electroretinogram and Optical Coherence tomography spectral-domain in arc welding macular injury: a case reportMauro Cellini
Department of Specialistic Surgery and Anesthesiology Science, University Ophthalmology Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Pelagio Palagi 9, Bologna 40138, Italy
BMC Ophthalmol 11:40. 2011..In our study, we used different diagnostic tools such as fluorescein angiography (FA), optical coherence tomography (OCT) and multifocal electroretinogram (mfERG)...
- Corneoscleral graft in Mooren's ulcer: a case reportMauro Cellini
Department of Surgery Science, Anesthesiology University of Bologna, Ophthalmology Service, Via Palagi 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Cases J 2:180. 2009..Mooren's ulcer is a rare disorder of unknown etiology that is refractory to treatment. It can affect not just the cornea but also the scleral tissue and can involve both eyes...
- Endothelin-1 plasma levels and vascular endothelial dysfunction in primary open angle glaucomaMauro Cellini
Department of Specialistic Surgery and Anesthesiology Science Ophthalmology, Service, University of Bologna, Italy
Life Sci 91:699-702. 2012..To assess the relationship between endothelial dysfunction, endothelin 1 (ET-1) plasma levels and subclinical inflammation in primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) patients...
- Subtenon injection of natural leukocyte interferon α-2a in diabetic macular edema: a case reportMauro Cellini
Department of Specialized, Diagnostic and Experimental Medicine, Ophthalmology Unit, University of Bologna, S, Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Pelagio Palagi 9, Bologna 40138, Italy
BMC Ophthalmol 13:63. 2013..To report the effect of subtenon injections of natural leukocyte interferon α-2a (IFNα) on best corrected visual acuity (BCVA) and central macular thickness (CMT) in a patient with diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Does pupil dilation influence subfoveal choroidal laser Doppler flowmetry?Nithiyanantham Palanisamy
Department of Information Engineering, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, ItalyProf Emeritus, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, SwitzerlandDepartment of Specialistic Surgery and Anesthesiology Science, Ophthalmology Unit, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Acta Ophthalmol 91:e556-60. 2013....
- Matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors after selective laser trabeculoplasty in pseudoexfoliative secondary glaucomaMauro Cellini
Department of Surgery Science and Anesthesiology, Ophthalmology Service, University of Bologna, Italy
BMC Ophthalmol 8:20. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess changes in metalloproteinases (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP-2) following selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) in patients with pseudoexfoliative glaucoma (PEXG)...
- Frequency doubling technology, optical coherence technology and pattern electroretinogram in ocular hypertensionMauro Cellini
Department of Specialistic Surgery and Anesthesiology Science, Ophthalmology Service, University of Bologna, Via Palagi 9, Bologna, Italy
BMC Ophthalmol 12:33. 2012....
- ET-1 plasma levels and ocular blood flow in retinitis pigmentosaMauro Cellini
Department of Surgery and Anesthesiology Science, Ophthalmology Service, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:630-5. 2010..03) and in the posterior ciliary arteries (p < 0.006). It is thought that an increase of ET-1 and retinal oxygen levels in RP could lead to vasoconstriction and a decrease of the retinal blood flow, worsening the abiotrophic process...