- Therapeutic apheresis in low weight patients: technical feasibility, tolerance, compliance, and risksC Stefanutti
Department of Applied Clinical and Medical Therapy, Plasmapheresis Unit, University of Rome La Sapienza, Umberto I Hospital, Viale del Policlinico, 155 00161, Italy
Transfus Apher Sci 31:3-10. 2004..The most frequently observed adverse effects are vascular relative access insufficiency (2.0%), and mild hypotension (2.0%)...
- Combined treatment with Dif1stat and diet reduce plasma lipid indicators of moderate hypercholesterolemia more effectively than diet alone: a randomized trial in parallel groupsClaudia Stefanutti
Clinical and Medical Therapy Department, Umberto I Hospital Rome I EU, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Lipids 44:1141-8. 2009..001). Dif1stat, given with a suitable diet, was well tolerated in the long-term and induced an anti-atherogenic plasma lipid and lipoprotein profile, in patients with moderate hypercholesterolemia...
- LDL apheresis: a novel technique (LIPOCOLLECT 200)Claudia Stefanutti
Department of Clinical and Medical Therapy, Plasmapheresis Unit, University of Rome La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
Artif Organs 33:1103-8. 2009..Clinically, all sessions were well tolerated and undesired reactions were not reported. The Lipocollect 200 adsorber proved to have a good biocompatibility. In this study, the adsorber reusability for several sessions was confirmed...
- Aorta and coronary angiographic follow-up of children with severe hypercholesterolemia treated with low-density lipoprotein apheresisClaudia Stefanutti
Plasmapheresis Unit, Clinical and Medical Therapy Department, Umberto I Hospital, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome I EU, Italy
Transfusion 49:1461-70. 2009..In this single-center, nonrandomized, prospective study, 11 children with severe genetic hypercholesterolemia, without previous cardiovascular disease events, were treated with low-density lipoprotein apheresis (LDLa)...
- Treatment of symptomatic HyperLp(a)lipoproteinemia with LDL-apheresis: a multicentre studyC Stefanutti
Dipartimento di Clinica e Terapia Medica, Plasmapheresis Unit, University of Rome La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Italy
Atheroscler Suppl 10:89-94. 2009..1+/-2.7 years. 37% had both CAD and extra-coronary artery disease. This multicentre study confirmed that long-term treatment with LDLa was at least able to stabilize CAD in the majority of the individuals with symptomatic HyperLp(a)...
- Cyclophosphamide and immunoadsorption apheresis treatment of lupus nephritis nonresponsive to drug therapy aloneClaudia Stefanutti
Applied Clinical and Medical Therapy Department, University of Rome La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
BioDrugs 19:129-33. 2005..After twelve sessions of IA over 3 months, renal function was completely restored and the patient discharged. Although it is not proven, the concomitant use of cyclophosphamide could presumably improve the final clinical outcome...
- Immunoadsorption apheresis (Selesorb) in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus-related type 2 mixed cryoglobulinemiaC Stefanutti
Dipartimento di Clinica e Terapia Medica Applicata, Plasmapheresis Unit, University La Sapienza of Rome, Umberto I Hospital, Viale del Policlinico, 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Transfus Apher Sci 28:207-14. 2003..Nevertheless, the two patients with lower extremity vasculitis showed an appreciable improvement. We failed to observe significant side effects directly related to the use of this immunoadsorbent...
- DALI low-density lipoprotein apheresis in homozygous and heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemic patients using low-dose citrate anticoagulationC Stefanutti
Dipartimento di Terapia Medica, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Ther Apher 5:364-71. 2001..Fifteen treatments for each patient have successfully been completed without the appearance of any clinically significant subjective and objective symptoms related to treatment with the new system...
- Low-density lipoprotein apheresis in a patient aged 3.5 yearsC Stefanutti
Istituto di Terapia Medica Sistematica, Plasmapheresis Unit, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Acta Paediatr 90:694-701. 2001..5%, -77.2%, -67.5% and -50.8%, respectively. HDL-cholesterol (HDL-Chol) concentration was considerably decreased immediately after apheresis because of haemodilution (X: -45.1%)...
- [LDL-apheresis: current status]C Stefanutti
Sezione di Plasmaferesi Terapeutica, Istituto di Terapia Medica Sistematica, Policlinico Umberto I, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Roma, Italia
Clin Ter 152:65-9. 2001..State of the art of LDL-apheresis and treatment of severe familiar hypercholesterolemia...
- Italian Multicenter Study on Low-Density Lipoprotein Apheresis: retrospective analysis (2007)Claudia Stefanutti
Plasmapheresis Unit, Department of Clinical and Medical Therapy, University of Rome La Sapienza, Umberto I Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ther Apher Dial 14:79-86. 2010....
- The 2009 2nd Italian Consensus Conference on LDL-apheresisC Stefanutti
Department of Clinical and Medical Therapy, University of Rome La Sapienza, Umberto I Hospital, Rome, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 20:761-2. 2010..The summary statement describing the frame and the lines of action of the scientific event and a supplementary document inherent to the Consensus available online at http://ees.elsevier.com/nmcd/ are reported...
- Treatment of symptomatic hyperLp(a)lipidemia with LDL-apheresis vs. usual careC Stefanutti
Plasmapheresis Unit, Department of Medical and Clinical Therapy, University of Rome La Sapienza, Umberto I, Hospital, Italy
Transfus Apher Sci 42:21-6. 2010..The incidence of new coronary artery disease (CAD) events/need of revascularization, was also monitored...
- The lipid- and lipoprotein- [LDL-Lp(a)] apheresis techniques. UpdatingC Stefanutti
Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
G Chir 33:444-9. 2012..Thus it would be better to refer the above mentioned techniques to the wider scientific and technical concept of lipoprotein apheresis...
- Cytokines profile in serum of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia is changed by LDL-apheresisC Stefanutti
Extracorporeal Therapeutic Techniques Unit, Department of Immunohematology and Transfusion Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, Umberto I Hospital, Rome, Italy
Cytokine 55:245-50. 2011..The effects of LDL-apheresis (LDLa) with dextran sulphate on plasma cytokines in 6 homozygous familial hypercholesterolemic (HozFH) patients, were evaluated...
- Acute and long-term effects of low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-apheresis on oxidative damage to LDL and reducing capacity of erythrocytes in patients with severe familial hypercholesterolaemiaC Stefanutti
Plasmapheresis Unit, Istituto di Terapia Medica Sistematica, University of Rome La Sapienza, Azienda Policlinico Umberto I, Viale del Policlinico, 00161 Rome, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 100:191-8. 2001..Compared with healthy controls and untreated patients, the erythrocyte GSH content was significantly higher (P</=0.001) in the treated group, suggesting the activation of reducing mechanisms...
- Lipoprotein apheresis: state of the art and noveltiesC Stefanutti
Extracorporeal Therapeutic Techniques Unit Immunohematology and Transfusion Medicine, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Rome Sapienza, Umberto I Hospital, 155 Viale del Policlinico, I 00161 Rome, Italy
Atheroscler Suppl 14:19-27. 2013..It is expected that these potent new agents will be combined with LA in the treatment of the most severe forms of hyperlipidemia...
- New clinical perspectives of hypolipidemic drug therapy in severe hypercholesterolemiaC Stefanutti
Extracorporeal Therapeutic Techniques Unit, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Rome Sapienza, Umberto I Hospital, Rome, Italy
Curr Med Chem 19:4861-8. 2012..These new powerful lipid-lowering drugs might be possibly superior than available hypolipidemic agents. Their mechanisms of action, effectiveness, safety, and indication in severe, genetically determined dyslipidemias, are reviewed...
- Selective continuous removal of low density lipoproteins by dextran sulfate cellulose column adsorption apheresis in the therapy of familial hypercholesterolemiaC Stefanutti
Istituto di Terapia Medica Sistematica, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Italy
Beitr Infusionsther 23:172-82. 1988
- Timing clinical events in the treatment of pancreatitis and hypertriglyceridemia with therapeutic plasmapheresisC Stefanutti
Therapeutic Plasmapheresis Unit Department of Clinical and Medical Therapy, University of Rome La Sapienza Umberto I Hospital, 155, V le del Policlinico, I 00161 EU Rome, Italy
Transfus Apher Sci 45:3-7. 2011..Hyperlipidemic pancreatitis (HP) is caused by severe hypertriglyceridemia (SHTG). Evidence of SHTG refractoriness to standard medical treatment but not to therapeutic apheresis has increased in the last years...
- Misfolding of apoprotein B-100, LDL aggregation and 17-β -estradiol in atherogenesisR Brunelli
Unità di Tecniche Terapeutiche Extracorporee Centro per lo Studio, Diagnosi, Terapia delle Dislipidemie e Prevenzione della Aterosclerosi Immunoematologia e Medicina Trasfusionale Dipartimento di Medicina Molecolare Università di Roma Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Curr Med Chem 21:2276-83. 2014..Potential implications for the development of novel therapeutic approaches might be hypothesized in perspective. The existing evidence is discussed and reported in this review. ..
- Hypercholesterolaemia alters the responses of the plasma lipid profile and inflammatory markers to supplementation of the diet with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids from fish oilE Bravo
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 36:788-95. 2006....
- [First prenatal diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolemia by a molecular biology technic]C Stefanutti
Istituto di Terapia Medica Sistematica, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
Clin Ter 143:99-103. 1993..After a normal pregnancy, the child was born and his plasma cholesterol was within the "normal" range...