- Cognitive and affective disorders associated to HIV infection in the HAART era: findings from the NeuroICONA study. Cognitive impairment and depression in HIV/AIDS. The NeuroICONA study
Consultation Psychiatry and Behavioural Epidemiology Unit, Cotugno Hospital, Napoli, Italy
Acta Psychiatr Scand 106:20-6. 2002
..To assess the natural story of HIV-associated affective and cognitive disorders and the relationship with clinical, pharmacological, immunological and behavioural factors...
- Depression is a risk factor for suboptimal adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy
Servizio Psichiatria di Consultazione ed Epidemiologia Comportamentale, Ospedale D Cotugno, Napoli, Italy
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 31:S136-9. 2002
- Knowledge and attitudes regarding preventative HIV vaccine clinical trials in Italy: results of a national survey
Consultation Psychiatry and Behavioural Epidemiology Service, Cotugno Hospital, Naples, Italy
AIDS Care 18:66-72. 2006
..Of the participants, 83% would agree to be vaccinated with a highly effective vaccine, and 92% would pay for the vaccine. Although the limits of telephone surveys should not be neglected, the results of this survey are encouraging...
- Quality of life assessment in HIV-positive persons: application and validation of the WHOQOL-HIV, Italian version
Consultation Psychiatry and Behavioural Epidemiology Unit, Cotugno Hospital, Naples, Italy
AIDS Care 14:405-15. 2002
..It seems potentially useful to assess patients' life satisfaction, and to calibrate standards of care in different stages of the infection...
- Depressive symptoms, neurocognitive impairment, and adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected persons
Clinica delle Malattie Infettive, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Psychosomatics 45:394-402. 2004
..59, 95% CI=1.05-6.39), and complaints about impairment of sexual activity (odds ratio=6.62, 95% CI=1.16-37.6). The presence of depressive symptoms, but not neurocognitive impairment, was associated with nonadherence...
- Recognition of depression and appropriateness of antidepressant treatment in Italian primary care
Dipto di Patologia e Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:171-6. 2004
..CONCLUSIONS: The ability of Italian PCPs to detect depression is satisfactory when the patient's depressive state is moderate or severe. The appropriateness of antidepressant drug treatment still needs to be improved...
- Association between diarrhea and quality of life in HIV-infected patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy
Ospedale Civile di Vicenza, Italy
Qual Life Res 13:243-50. 2004
..The significant adverse effect of diarrhea on quality of life should be considered when choosing the appropriate antiretroviral drugs regimen...
- Adherence to antiretroviral therapy: an empirical test of the information-motivation-behavioral skills model
Consultation Psychiatry and Behavioral Epidemiology, Cotugno Hospital, Naples, Italy
Health Psychol 25:153-62. 2006
..Current study results are explored, and implications for adherence promotion interventions based on the model are discussed...