Giuseppe S Sica
- Needle catheter jejunostomy at esophagectomy for cancerGiuseppe S Sica
Department of Surgery, Upper G I Unit, The John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington Oxford, United Kingdom
J Surg Oncol 91:276-9. 2005..It may provide adequate nutritional support for a prolonged period of time at low costs. Its routine use in patients undergoing esophagectomy is recommended...
- Comparative study of laparoscopic vs open gastrectomy in gastric cancer managementGiuseppe S Sica
Department of Surgical Sciences, Tor Vergata University Hospital, 00133 Rome, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 17:4602-6. 2011..To compare long-term results of gastric cancer patients undergoing laparoscopic and open gastrectomy in a single unit...
- Neurofibromatosis of the esophagusGiuseppe S Sica
Department of Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1138-40. 2006..The diagnosis and management of this condition is discussed together with the pathogenesis and pathology of this rare entity...
- A case of progressive dysphagiaG S Sica
Department of Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Gut 54:1282, 1292. 2005
- Laparoscopic treatment of Bouveret's syndrome presenting as acute pancreatitisGiuseppe S Sica
Department of Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
JSLS 9:472-5. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first described case. Cause, clinical presentation, methods of diagnosis, and options for management of Bouveret's syndrome are also discussed...
- Laparoscopic versus open ileo-colonic resection in Crohn's disease: short- and long-term results from a prospective longitudinal studyGiuseppe S Sica
Dipartimento di Chirurgia, Unita di Chirurgia Generale, Universita di Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1094-102. 2008..No differences were observed in terms of frequency, time of onset, and severity of recurrence in a 1-year follow-up...
- 2-Methoxy-5-amino-N-hydroxybenzamide, a derivative of mesalamine, inhibits colon cancer cell growth through cyclo-oxygenase-2-dependent and -independent mechanismsCarmine Stolfi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 123:295-306. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest that 2-14 inhibits CRC cell growth through COX-2-dependent and -independent mechanisms...
- Diagnosis and management of aortoesophageal fistula caused by a foreign bodyGiuseppe S Sica
Department of Surgery, Oxford, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 77:2217-8. 2004..A case of aortoesophageal fistula caused by a swallowed fish bone leading to respiratory arrest is reported. The clinical presentation was unusual. The successful treatment required the use of hypothermic circulatory arrest...
- Delayed symptomatic hemobilia after ultrasound-guided liver biopsy: a case reportPiero Rossi
Department of Surgery, Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Clinica Columbus, Rome, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1659-62. 2002..After superselective catheterization of the feeding artery, vascular occlusion was successfully obtained with gel foam pledges and the patient was discharged 7 days after the procedure...
- Surgery for inflammatory bowel disease in the era of laparoscopyGiuseppe S Sica
Giuseppe S Sica, Livia Biancone, Gastrointestinal Surgical Unit, Tor Vergata University of Rome, 00133 Rome, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 19:2445-8. 2013....
- Wireless capsule endoscopy and small intestine contrast ultrasonography in recurrence of Crohn's diseaseLivia Biancone
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita Tor Vergata di Roma, Rome, Italy
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:1256-65. 2007..In a prospective longitudinal study, we aimed to investigate the usefulness of SICUS and WCE for assessing postoperative recurrence of CD 1 year after surgery, using CC as the gold standard...