Genomes and Genes
- The genetic legacy of Paleolithic Homo sapiens sapiens in extant Europeans: a Y chromosome perspectiveO Semino
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, Via Ferrata 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Science 290:1155-9. 2000....
- The 49a,f haplotype 11 is a new marker of the EU19 lineage that traces migrations from northern regions of the Black SeaG Passarino
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Hum Immunol 62:922-32. 2001..For the first time it is possible to make inferences about the evolution of some haplotypes of the 49a,f system. In spite of its unknown molecular base, this is one of the first most informative polymorphisms of the Y chromosome...
- Genetic evidence of an early exit of Homo sapiens sapiens from Africa through eastern AfricaL Quintana-Murci
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, University of Pavia, Italy
Nat Genet 23:437-41. 1999..This was possibly the only successful early dispersal event of modern humans out of Africa...
- A signal, from human mtDNA, of postglacial recolonization in EuropeA Torroni
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 69:844-52. 2001..Mass screening of a few markers identified using complete mtDNA sequences promises to be an efficient strategy for inferring features of human prehistory...
- A novel USP9Y polymorphism allowing a rapid and unambiguous classification of Bos taurus Y chromosomes into haplogroupsS Bonfiglio
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia A Buzzati Traverso, Universita di Pavia, 27100, Pavia, Italy
Anim Genet 43:611-3. 2012..Thanks to the newly identified STS, it is now possible to assign cattle Y chromosomes to the currently known haplogroups using a single marker...
- Y-chromosome and mtDNA polymorphisms in Iraq, a crossroad of the early human dispersal and of post-Neolithic migrationsN Al-Zahery
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia A Buzzati Traverso, Universita di Pavia, Via Ferrata, 1, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Mol Phylogenet Evol 28:458-72. 2003..The different proportion of long-range genetic input observed for the mtDNA and the Y chromosome appears to indicate that events of gene flow to this area might have involved mainly males rather than females...