Genomes and Genes
A A Sinisi
Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Sexual differentiationA A Sinisi
Endocrinology and Medical Andrology Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 26:23-8. 2003..Mutations of genes coding for steroidogenic enzymes, AMH, AMH receptor, AR and 5alpha reductase are all associated with impairment of sex differentiation and result in genital ambiguity...
- The role of somatostatin analogs in the management of prostate cancerA A Sinisi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Endocrine and Medical Andrology Unit, II University, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 26:120-4. 2003
- EPN: a novel epithelial cell line derived from human prostate tissueAntonio A Sinisi
Dipartimento di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Italy
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 38:165-72. 2002..The availability of a line of epithelial nontransformed prostate cell in culture will be useful in investigating the complex process regulating normal prostate physiology as well as the development and progression of prostate tumors...
- Seminal anti-Müllerian hormone level is a marker of spermatogenic response during long-term gonadotropin therapy in male hypogonadotropic hypogonadismA A Sinisi
Endocrinology and Medical Andrology Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Build 16, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Hum Reprod 23:1029-34. 2008..This study evaluated seminal and serum AMH levels during long-term gonadotropin therapy in men with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH)...
- [Somatostatin and somatostatin receptors in the prostate]A A Sinisi
Dipartimento di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale, Sezione di Endocrinologia ed Andrologia, Seconda Universita degli Studi, Napoli
Minerva Endocrinol 26:159-63. 2001..The use of other analogues actually developed with high affinities to ssts expressed mainly in CaP may represent a more rational approach...
- Homozygous mutation in the prokineticin-receptor2 gene (Val274Asp) presenting as reversible Kallmann syndrome and persistent oligozoospermia: case reportAntonio Agostino Sinisi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Endocrinology and Medical Andrology Section, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
Hum Reprod 23:2380-4. 2008....
- Efficacy of recombinant human follicle stimulating hormone at low doses in inducing spermatogenesis and fertility in hypogonadotropic hypogonadismA A Sinisi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Endocrinology and Medical Andrology Section, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 33:618-23. 2010..Recombinant-FSH (rFSH) added to hCG at dose of 450 IU weekly is effective in inducing spermatogenesis in patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH), but there are no data on the use of lower doses...
- Raloxifene induces cell death and inhibits proliferation through multiple signaling pathways in prostate cancer cells expressing different levels of estrogen receptor α and βV Rossi
Dipartimento di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale, Sezione di Endocrinologia ed Andrologia Medica, Universita Federico II, Napoli, Italy
J Cell Physiol 226:1334-9. 2011..Moreover, this study demonstrated that RAL affected both transcriptional regulation and non-genomic signals, which resulted in the modulation of multiple signaling pathways of apoptosis and of cell cycle progression...
- Seasonal variations of plasma gonadotropin, prolactin, and testosterone levels in primary and secondary hypogonadism: evidence for an independent testicular roleG Bellastella
Department of Cardio Thoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 36:339-42. 2013..Seasonal hormonal rhythmicity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis may influence reproductive and sexual activity in mammals...
- Natural and synthetic retinoids in prostate cancerD Pasquali
Endocrinologia, Dipartimento Medico Chirurgico di Internistica Clinica e Sperimentale F Magrassi e A Lanzara, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 12:1923-9. 2006..Here we review the in vitro and in vivo effects of retinoids in PCa...
- Evaluation of the 'putative' role of intraoperative intact parathyroid hormone assay during parathyroidectomy for secondary hyperparathyroidism. A retrospective study on 35 consecutive patients: intraoperative iPTH assay during parathyroidectomyG Conzo
Department of Anaesthesiologic, Surgical and Emergency Science, VII Division of General Surgery and Endocrine Surgery, Second University of Naples Italy, Via Pansini 5, Ed 17, 80131, Naples, Italy
Endocrine 42:606-11. 2012....
- Estrogen receptor beta expression in human prostate tissueD Pasquali
Istituto di Endocrinologia, , Via Pansini 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 178:47-50. 2001..Nuclear ERbeta specific immunostaining was undetectable in all prostate cancer sections...
- Effect of long-term cabergoline therapy on the immunological pattern and pituitary function of patients with idiopathic hyperprolactinaemia positive for antipituitary antibodiesA De Bellis
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery F Magrassi, A Lanzara, Second University of Naples, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:285-91. 2008..This longitudinal study was aimed at investigating, in patients with IH the occurrence of APA and the effect of cabergoline on the pituitary function and behaviour of APA...
- Sexuality in aging maleA Bellastella
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery F Magrassi, A Lanzara, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 28:55-60. 2005..The present report analyses the following issues: erectile dysfunction, fertility, the role of hormones in influencing libido and erection mechanisms, and the therapeutic strategies suggested...
- [Somatostatin receptor genes expression and effects of octreotide on orbital fibroblasts from Graves' ophthalmopathy]D Pasquali
Istituto di Endocrinologia, Seconda Universita, Naples, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 26:175-9. 2001..In this study we investigated the expression of SRIH receptor (sst1-5) genes and the effect of octreotide treatment on primary cultures of fibroblasts established from retroorbital tissue of GO patients and of control subjects...
- Autoimmunity as a possible cause of growth hormone deficiencyA De Bellis
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery F Magrassi, A Lanzara, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 31:1132-4. 2008..In this connection we suggested that in these patients an early iso-hormonal therapy with recombinant GH may be useful to interrupt or delay the progression towards a clinical GHD...
- Verapamil inhibits interleukin-6 and vascular endothelial growth factor production in primary cultures of keloid fibroblastsG Giugliano
Chair of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Br J Plast Surg 56:804-9. 2003....
- Circulating endothelial progenitor cells in acromegalyG Bellastella
Unit of Metabolic Diseases, Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 36:825-30. 2013..However, the levels of EPCs and their role in acromegalic patients have never been investigated...
- Recent advances in the biology of germ cell tumors: implications for the diagnosis and treatmentP Chieffi
Department of Psychology, Second University of Naples, Caserta, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 35:1015-20. 2012..The review will focus on the recent advances in the research of molecular alterations identified in TGCT and on novel targeted anti-neoplastic strategies that might help to treat chemotherapy-resistant TGCT...
- Simultaneous evaluation of the circulating levels of both Th1 and Th2 chemokines in patients with autoimmune Addison's diseaseG Bellastella
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, F Magrassi A Lanzara, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 34:831-4. 2011....
- Assessment of pituitary gonadotropin release to gonadotropin releasing hormone/thyroid-stimulating hormone stimulation in women with systemic sclerosisG La Montagna
Institute of Clinical Medicine and Division of Rheumatology, Institute of Endocrinology, Second Naples University, Naples, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:310-4. 2001..They also confirm an alteration in the mechanism for prolactin secretion and release, which may not only contribute to further disturbance of the reproductive axis but may also have an influence on the disease...
- Loss of estrogen receptor beta expression in malignant human prostate cells in primary cultures and in prostate cancer tissuesD Pasquali
Istituto di Endocrinologia, , 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2051-5. 2001..Together, these data suggest that prostate malignancy is associated with a potential disorder of ER-mediated pathways...
- Genetic prenatal RET testing and pregnancy management of multiple endocrine neoplasia Type II A (MEN2A): a case reportP Martinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 27:357-60. 2004..This will avoid the psychological distress that can further complicate the pregnancy of affected women...
- Brain changes in Kallmann syndromeR Manara
From the Department of Neuroradiology R M, F D S, University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico S Camillo R M, V C, Venezia, Italy ENT section R M, A s, Department of Neurosciences, Federico II University, Napoli, Italy
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 35:1700-6. 2014..Concomitant brain developmental abnormalities have been described. Our aim was to investigate Kallmann syndrome-related brain changes with conventional and novel quantitative MR imaging analyses...
- Total parathyroidectomy without autotransplantation in the surgical treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism of chronic kidney diseaseG Conzo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Internal Medicine F Magrassi A Lanzara, IV Division of General Surgery and Endocrine Surgery, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 35:8-13. 2012..Over the years, the procedure has gained more widespread use, but there is no precise knowledge on the immediate and long-term effects...
- A novel case of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2A associated with two de novo mutations of the RET protooncogeneA Tessitore
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biotecnologie Mediche e Ceinge, Centro di Ingegneria Genetica, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:3522-7. 1999..This is the first report of a MEN 2A case due to two mutations of the RET gene and associated with a calcitonin-producing pheochromocytoma...