Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Restaino O, Finamore R, Diana P, Marseglia M, Vitiello M, Casillo A, et al. A multi-analytical approach to better assess the keratan sulfate contamination in animal origin chondroitin sulfate. Anal Chim Acta. 2017;958:59-70 pubmed publisher..High molecular weight species (>100 KDa) were also present in the samples that counted for chains still partially linked to a proteoglycan core. ..
- La Gatta A, Ricci G, Stellavato A, Cammarota M, Filosa R, Papa A, et al. Hyaluronan hydrogels with a low degree of modification as scaffolds for cartilage engineering. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;103:978-989 pubmed publisher..They also secreted cartilage-specific matrix proteins. These scaffolds represent promising candidates for cartilage engineering. ..
- Salzillo R, Schiraldi C, Corsuto L, D Agostino A, Filosa R, De Rosa M, et al. Optimization of hyaluronan-based eye drop formulations. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;153:275-283 pubmed publisher..An enhanced capacity to protect corneal porcine epithelial cells from dehydration is also demonstrated in vitro. Overall, the results predict formulations with improved efficacy. ..
- D Agostino A, Stellavato A, Corsuto L, Diana P, Filosa R, La Gatta A, et al. Is molecular size a discriminating factor in hyaluronan interaction with human cells?. Carbohydr Polym. 2017;157:21-30 pubmed publisher..Finally our outcomes showed that the lower the fragment size the higher the concern for inflammatory cytokines up-regulation; repair process impairment was highlighted only for 6kDa chains. ..
- Restaino O, Borzacchiello M, Scognamiglio I, Porzio E, Manco G, Fedele L, et al. Boosted large-scale production and purification of a thermostable archaeal phosphotriesterase-like lactonase for organophosphate decontamination. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2017;44:363-375 pubmed publisher..5 up to 150 L. By coupling a single thermo-precipitation step and an ultrafiltration process, a total enzyme recovery of 77% with a purity grade of almost 80% was reached. ..
- Di Lorenzo F, Silipo A, Molinaro A, Parrilli M, Schiraldi C, D Agostino A, et al. The polysaccharide and low molecular weight components of Opuntia ficus indica cladodes: Structure and skin repairing properties. Carbohydr Polym. 2017;157:128-136 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the whole Opuntia mucilage and the low molecular weight components are active in the wound repair. ..